The Horde needs to be Dismantled

Story Forum
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Um the alliance just isn't capable of defeating the horde in an open war. You all took the undercity but if not for some questionable flying ships with magic cannons you all wouldn't have even breached the walls of the city. We control most of the broken isles and zandalar as well so keeping that in mind we have three of our allied races and the combined horde and zandalar fleet posed to blockade kul tiras and by extension eastern kingdoms. Add to the fact that all it would take is reopening the dark portal to alternate draenor and you have storm wind burning in a week. Just because you are the self proclaimed good guys this xpac does not mean you're in a very strong position to win the faction war.
08/09/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Galien
Um the alliance just isn't capable of defeating the horde in an open war. You all took the undercity but if not for some questionable flying ships with magic cannons you all wouldn't have even breached the walls of the city. We control most of the broken isles and zandalar as well so keeping that in mind we have three of our allied races and the combined horde and zandalar fleet posed to blockade kul tiras and by extension eastern kingdoms. Add to the fact that all it would take is reopening the dark portal to alternate draenor and you have storm wind burning in a week. Just because you are the self proclaimed good guys this xpac does not mean you're in a very strong position to win the faction war.

My crystal ball says that no one wins the faction war.
Why...?

Nobody will ever win the faction war in an MMO.

This isn't Warcraft 1 or 2. This isn't a single player Alliance POV game. This is an MMO, a money driven business that relies on drawing players into the game with the two rival factions as it's main concept.

Tell me ONE positive benefit Blizzard and the future of WoW will receive if the Horde should be dismantled like you described?
08/09/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Rageholic
Why...?

This isn't Warcraft 1 or 2. This isn't a single player Alliance POV game. This is an MMO, a money driven business that relies on drawing players into the game with the two rival factions as it's main concept.

Tell me ONE positive benefit Blizzard and the future of WoW will receive if the Horde should be dismantled like you described?

we know it.
that's why we hate that blizzard make the horde continuing with their warcrimes without punishment.
08/08/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Nioruf
08/08/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Malosa
4. Trolls are an evil race that has been causing trouble for thousands of years, so genociding them is the only viable option.

Look into Zappyboi's eyes and say that again. I dare you.

You know, just because he's a nice guy to Saurfang, doesn't mean he's nice to the Alliance.
08/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Arlifrex

You know, just because he's a nice guy to Saurfang, doesn't mean he's nice to the Alliance.

So what if he isn't? The Horde is all Zappyboi has left, and the Alliance threaten it.
08/09/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Nioruf
So what if he isn't? The Horde is all Zappyboi has left, and the Alliance threaten it.

Heck, at this point, Zappyboi is about all the Horde has left.
08/07/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Arindehla
The Alliance needs to act to make sure the Horde NEVER reaches the level of threat it once did.

[/quote]

That is what Sylvannas's original strategy all along. Hold Darnassus hostage to forestall Alliance retribution then fracture first the Night Elves, then the Worgen, from the Alliance because of said paralysis, then get to the point where each faction of the once-Alliance would have to sign a separate peace with her. It actually was a plan to get final victory over the Alliance with relatively little bloodshed.
Do it, it will be a mercy killing. No more being forced to be irrationally evil! We will finally be free of !@#$ty plot development!
I am all for getting rid of the factions. BUT, not like this. As of right now, I don't think it's possible. The climate among the players is such that, no matter how you do it, someone is gonna be pissed off. The problem is no matter what Blizzard does someone is gonna be pissed off. God I hate bad story ideas.
08/07/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Faloestril
Guys, they're setting the stage for a 3rd faction. Sylvanas is too much of a beloved character to kill off, or make disappear.

Saurfang will take control of the Horde, and Sylvanas is going to team up with Bolvar to form a playable Scourge faction.

Take into account everything Bolvar has been up to, and the things he said to the Deathlord. The sheer amount of detail that went into the DK order hall story compared to every other one is insane. It was better and more detailed than the DH, who was the focal point of this xpac.

The novel choosing to have Calia reunite with the Forsaken, and then TURNING HER INTO AN UNDEAD. She will lead the Forsaken who do not follow Sylvanas' dark path into eternal life with Bolvar.

The fact that they're introducing Talia Fordragon in BfA is no coincidence. She's probably going to make Bolvar feel some of the humanity that he lost when he put the crown on. (Even though the only person left alive who knows he's the LK is Sylvanas). Sylvanas will capitalize on this weakness and use it to gain control over the mantle of Lich King (Queen). She will then gain the knowledge to create Val'Kyr as Arthas did and voila a new faction capable of standing toe-to-toe with the Horde and the Alliance.

Doing this will allow the war to not have a one-sided "victory" for either faction, so no players can truly be mad.

A third faction would certainly be interesting, but I just don't see there being enough players to do it.

OOC I would like to see the end of factions. That would mean significantly higher quality for the game, less clearly rushed work, and more available teams for content.

In character my character is an elf supremacist so really couldn't care less if the Horde is dismantled, although she would see Lor'themar as total sell out if Quel'thalas joined the Alliance for the same reason.
08/07/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Felya
I agree.

The Horde cannot be trusted to manage its own affairs.

True, but at the same time, he shouldn't need to be nice to the Alliance. I mean the member races of the Horde still have pretty good reasons to distrust/dislike the Alliance as an entity.
08/09/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Mournne
I am all for getting rid of the factions. BUT, not like this. As of right now, I don't think it's possible. The climate among the players is such that, no matter how you do it, someone is gonna be pissed off. The problem is no matter what Blizzard does someone is gonna be pissed off. God I hate bad story ideas.

Factions aren't going anywhere. As long as the game runs, it's going to be Horde vs. Alliance. we're just more focused on it for awhile.
08/09/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Etheldald
08/09/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Rageholic
Why...?

we know it.
that's why we hate that blizzard make the horde continuing with their warcrimes without punishment.

Then you of all people should endorse the story development suggested in the original post more than anyone else. Atrocities like Teldrassil and Theramore occur to stoke faction conflict. If the Alliance can stay righteously aggressive, that will stoke the faction conflict just as well and there will be no further need for faction conflict.
08/10/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Mancuerda
<span class="truncated">...</span>

we know it.

Then you of all people should endorse the story development suggested in the original post more than anyone else. Atrocities like Teldrassil and Theramore occur to stoke faction conflict. If the Alliance can stay righteously aggressive, that will stoke the faction conflict just as well and there will be no further need for faction conflict.

Irrelevant, one side of the playerbase shouldn't have to pay for the incompetence of the current writers, period.

By endorsing OP's scenario the only thing you'd achieve is to make BIGGER the divide between the players (sure some have said they won't mind... then I can guarantee those very same will be the first to leave once they realize the themathics that made them roll Horde in the first place will be permanently discarded and that the ride will be a purely Alliance oriented one.)

I know I WILL refuse to play with people whose deluded pride go so far as to pretend to make ME pay the ugly consequences, so they get their RP cake and eat it. *I* certainly don't need to associate IRL with such selfish jerks.
08/10/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Mancuerda
08/09/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Etheldald

we know it.

I don't have to agree with the OP's suggestions but I can agree that this was all just terrible writing and awful decisions by Blizzard. They know that they cannot dismantle the Horde and they know that Sylvanas' actions won't go unanswered so just wait for it. I'm pretty sure down the road, she's going to pay for it just like Garrosh and Gul'dan did. Which is why this is bad writing because Sylvanas was suppose to be a character above Garrosh that doesn't fall into the same plot trap.
08/12/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Rageholic
Which is why this is bad writing because Sylvanas was suppose to be a character above Garrosh that doesn't fall into the same plot trap.

How could a character whose methods made even Garrosh horrified possibly not "fall into the same plot trap" as he did?
08/12/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Ivalesse

How could a character whose methods made even Garrosh horrified possibly not "fall into the same plot trap" as he did?

She hasn't started segregating the Horde or start proclaiming that the Forsaken are the only ones worthy of the Horde... so, she's still a better Warchief than Garrosh right now.
08/09/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Arganar

True, but at the same time, he shouldn't need to be nice to the Alliance. I mean the member races of the Horde still have pretty good reasons to distrust/dislike the Alliance as an entity.

Then what's the middle ground between not liking the Alliance, and not committing war crimes against them?