This COD beta requires Blizz PASSWORD?! and personal info.

Customer Support
why is this black ops beta signup so sketchy, it asks for your Email login for blizzard, with Password, Area Code, phone number and more, why should this COD even be linked to your WoW account.
where?
You are talking about the Blizzard account requirement?

Internet Connection, Blizzard® Battle.net® Desktop app and registration required to play
08/09/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Orlyia
You are talking about the Blizzard account requirement?

[quote]Internet Connection, Blizzard® Battle.net® Desktop app and registration required to play
Did he not say "why is this black ops beta signup so sketchy?" Is he talking about another game that is a black ops game?

I think the question I have is this: is a Black Ops beta a Blizzard game? and secondly, why would it be specifically connected to World of Warcraft and not the Battle.net launcher, if it is in fact another Blizzard game?

Seems a bit short on information if you ask me.
AFAIK you need to preorder to get into the CoD Black Ops beta.

I agree with TW - where are you seeing it asking for your battle.net email , password , area code and phone number etc ?
While a player may think of WoW as their info, it is actually your Blizzard account that has the info.

And yes, that is on the launcher, and there is a beta coming up.

I don't disagree, I'm a little confused by the question myself.
08/09/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Friedbones
Did he not say "why is this black ops beta signup so sketchy?" Is he talking about another game that is a black ops game?

Literally copied and pasted from the Call of Duty Black Ops page in the Battle.net Shop
08/09/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
08/09/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Friedbones

Literally copied and pasted from the Call of Duty Black Ops page in the Battle.net Shop
Aha....thanks. Lack of coherent information certainly can stir things up.
08/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Saltednuts
why is this black ops beta signup so sketchy, it asks for your Email login for blizzard, with Password, Area Code, phone number and more, why should this COD even be linked to your WoW account.

It's not, it is linked to your Battle.net account... Just like games that you buy through Steam are linked to your Steam account.
is OP getting this off the launcher? In which case it SHOULD be self explanatory. You'd think.

Or is he getting it elsewhere?
08/09/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Scüba
08/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Saltednuts

It's not, it is linked to your Battle.net account... Just like games that you buy through Steam are linked to your Steam account.

Gods i updated my Steam yesterday. I fell asleep........
He's probably going to -

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/beta

, Clicking the battle.net logo and getting confused as to where his data is going.

Battle.net is only there as a connection method. You create a Call of Duty account that you then connect to your battle.net account. The CoD account signup does ask for email address , password , DOB etc but that's only because you are creating a Call of Duty account so it needs those. It doesn't mean you should be using your battle.net email and/or password which would in fact be a very bad idea to do.

As for the Battle.net connection that's safe. It uses Blizzard's OAuth system where all authentication for your battle.net account is handled on Blizzard's side. At no point does it exchange any detailed personal data on your account. You can also revoke the access at any time by going to -

https://us.battle.net/account/management/authorizations.html
Be real nice if they stayed and clarified it. Rather than run in, rage, and run back out.
08/09/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
He's probably going to -

https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeem/bo4/beta

, Clicking the battle.net logo and getting confused as to where his data is going.

Battle.net is only there as a connection method. You create a Call of Duty account that you then connect to your battle.net account. The CoD account signup does ask for email address , password , DOB etc but that's only because you are creating a Call of Duty account so it needs those. It doesn't mean you should be using your battle.net email and/or password which would in fact be a very bad idea to do.

As for the Battle.net connection that's safe. It uses Blizzard's OAuth system where all authentication for your battle.net account is handled on Blizzard's side. At no point does it exchange any detailed personal data on your account. You can also revoke the access at any time by going to -

https://us.battle.net/account/management/authorizations.html

i dont understand why we cant just add the key code through blizzard account, instead we go through a very sketchy email from Intel, that sends you to a sketchy page asking you to link your blizzard info with Cod on a page that shows no real proof its even a blizzard legit page.
08/09/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Saltednuts
i dont understand why we cant just add the key code through blizzard account, instead we go through a very sketchy email from Intel, that sends you to a sketchy page asking you to link your blizzard info with Cod on a page that shows no real proof its even a blizzard legit page.

So ask Activision or post on the Battle.net forum? What does this have to do with World of Warcraft?
exactly my damn point, some sketchy email through intel + COD asks for your same Email and password that you use to log in WoW... pretty dumb.
08/09/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Saltednuts
exactly my damn point, some sketchy email through intel + COD asks for your same Email and password that you use to log in WoW... pretty dumb.

Nothing which has anything to do with WoW. These forums are for WoW related issues. Not CoD or the launcher.
08/09/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Saltednuts

Again this has nothing to do with World of Warcraft. It shouldn't be asking for your email and password that you use for WoW. It is asking you to create a CoD account. Again though this isn't really the place to bring this up.

Are you sure that the email isn't a phish?
The PC version of Call of Duty will be available through the Battle.net platform, which is not exclusively for World of Warcraft. We have several other Blizzard titles that are also accessed through Battle.net.

When signing up the page gives you the option of how you want to sign in. One of the available options is through Battle.net Account.

If you don't wish to sign up, Salted, that is entirely up to you, but this really is feedback you should be directing at Activision.
Okay. I just followed the link that blue provided. You can log in with your Xbox box account or your PlayStation account or your Steam account or your Battlenet account. Or? Your Activision account. It even gives you an option to create a new Activision account. So what's the big deal? Just create an Activision account if you have a problem with this. Or link your Battlenet account. Just follow the link that blue gave. I do not understand the drama.