Just gutted rogues. Wayyy too harsh nerfs

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
As someone who main Rogue during most of Legion, Assassin rogues were doing way to much damage when pre-patch dropped.

Howver Outlaw nerf was a bit odd to me, since its like the least played...

-shrug- Still going to play my Rogue in BfA after I gear my Warrior.
08/09/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Tripodfay
Assassination
Fixed a bug that caused Creeping Venom (PvP Talent)'s duration to be refreshed to a longer duration than intended.
Creeping Venom (PvP Talent)'s damage has been reduced by 50%.
Deadly Poison deals 20% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
Vendetta increases damage dealt to the target by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 30%).
Toxic Blade increases Poison damage dealt to the target by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 30%).
Garrote deals 20% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
Subterfuge causes Garrote to deal an additional 50% damage when cast from stealth in PvP situations (was 100%).

oh and

Rogue
Assassination
Crimson Tempest damage reduced by 10%.
Subterfuge bonus reduced to 80% (was 100%).

oh and

Rogue
Assassination
All damage abilities reduced 4%.
Outlaw
All damage abilities reduced 3%.
Subtlety
All damage abilities reduced 4%.

so... almost everything does 20% less damage.

No worries though, they buffed ferals which does the exact same thing as rogues, with an easier rotation and inifinite mobility, higher self heals, more cc, and better defensives.

I completely agree assassination rogues need nerfs. I'd LOVE for the flavor of the month crowd to go somewhere else than rogues. But these changes are incredibly harsh.

Poisons do 20% less damage, creeping venom does 50% FIFTY PERCENT less damage. Vendetta, our ONLY offensive cooldown, does 10% less damage. Garrote, our only damaging opener from stealth does 20% less damage. Subterfuge, the only relevant talent, does FIFTY % less damage.

I know it's a meme to hate on rogues, but if you honestly think these changes aren't harsh, you're not paying paying attention. These changes are ON TOP of the 4% overall damage nerf that came up last week to ALL of our damaging abilities.

Not to mention other classes rogues compete with are getting buffed (Hunters, druids, shamans) so the gaps just getting bigger.

Feral isnt even close to rogue in survival or utility with the removal of cyclone or the lack of vanish, evasion, smoke bomb, and CloS.

Drop the BS. Feral is far squishier, doesn’t have blind, doesn’t have free cheap shots or blind for peels or sap or gouge or garrote for CC.
08/10/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Fizsalie
As someone who main Rogue during most of Legion, Assassin rogues were doing way to much damage when pre-patch dropped.

Howver Outlaw nerf was a bit odd to me, since its like the least played...

-shrug- Still going to play my Rogue in BfA after I gear my Warrior.

Outlaw is definitely not the least played. They have the most utility, heals and one of the strongest burst out of the 3 classes. They're really dynamic but the only "downside" is the inconsistency of RtB.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
oh and

oh and

so... almost everything does 20% less damage.

No worries though, they buffed ferals which does the exact same thing as rogues, with an easier rotation and inifinite mobility, higher self heals, more cc, and better defensives.

I completely agree assassination rogues need nerfs. I'd LOVE for the flavor of the month crowd to go somewhere else than rogues. But these changes are incredibly harsh.

Poisons do 20% less damage, creeping venom does 50% FIFTY PERCENT less damage. Vendetta, our ONLY offensive cooldown, does 10% less damage. Garrote, our only damaging opener from stealth does 20% less damage. Subterfuge, the only relevant talent, does FIFTY % less damage.

I know it's a meme to hate on rogues, but if you honestly think these changes aren't harsh, you're not paying paying attention. These changes are ON TOP of the 4% overall damage nerf that came up last week to ALL of our damaging abilities.

Not to mention other classes rogues compete with are getting buffed (Hunters, druids, shamans) so the gaps just getting bigger.

Feral isnt even close to rogue in survival or utility with the removal of cyclone or the lack of vanish, evasion, smoke bomb, and CloS.

Drop the BS. Feral is far squishier, doesn’t have blind, doesn’t have free cheap shots or blind for peels or sap or gouge or garrote for CC.

"Blind for peels" 2min CD blind, "free cheap shots" you think all specs have garrote and gouge? Wow you know soooo much about rogues. xD somehow you combined all the rogues skills and made a cata rogue...
As fun as it is while it lasts, Assassination shouldn't have ridonkulous burst AND sustained damage.

It looks like a smallish across the board nerf and then more of a nerf to poisons and bleeds most likely due to scaling at 120. Plus Master Poisoner potentially makes that worse.

As for Creeping Venom, it's often times my highest damaging ability in a BG because people aren't capable of standing still for more than half a second. It IS kind of hilarious though looking across the other side of the map and seeing numbers popping up all over. lol
Sucks for ya'll ....This is harsh. While I don't play a rogue-it looks they did the ol' boost and switch on rouges. Rogues were the FOTM, folks boost em, and blizz nerfs em.
08/09/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Snowslight
Assassin rogues probably feel bad.

Can confirm. It feels bad.

It was fun while it lasted though, we really were overpowered.
08/09/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Barrison
"Just deal with it."
- Rogues, 1 week ago.

“Just deal with it.”

-Everyone else, 1 day ago.
Against other DPS it probably won't have much effect other than scaring off the FOTM players. Good rogues stomp people because of all the control they have over the fight.
lmao thank god keep crying
Oh look, another nerf complaint forum

/emote grabs popcorn
Tell me where they buffed ferals. Feral affinity buff is for all other druid specs that arent feral. Lmfao
[quote]Assassination

I've given up on rogues entirely.

I've never seen a more stupid game change in 25 years of gaming. The class is just pure and utter trash now.

Big reason why last maybe 1 month out of each expac. I like to raid with 2 toons, rogue and warlock and now I can't bear to play my rogue.

Rogue was the first class I rolled the day the servers opened in vanilla. Now I can't even stand to log in on my rogue.
This tuning was based on level 120, not level 110
rouges should never be allowed to go invisible mode as soon as they engage a player.. that's one of the real annoyance about them, aside from their repeated stuns too. they can leave the heat of battle & mess u up just a few sec later while all ur important utilities are on cd.. until this is implemented, rogue will always be a broken OP class!
Weren't rogues destroying people on Darkshore? Sounds like a balance was called for when all that warmode happened. So those that were winning in warmode got warmoded for warmoding others? Sorry rogues :(
08/10/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Paln
rouges should never be allowed to go invisible mode as soon as they engage a player.. that's one of the real annoyance about them, aside from their repeated stuns too. they can leave the heat of battle & mess u up just a few sec later while all ur important utilities are on cd.. until this is implemented, rogue will always be a broken OP class!

Yeah but there are so many ways to counter a Rogue opener. I can tell a good PvP'er as soon as I open on them. I know it's going to be a fight. I can also tell a not so good PvP'er and I know there going to die pretty quick.

Rogues are annoying but there not God tier by any means.
08/10/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Lionar
08/10/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Paln

Yeah but there are so many ways to counter a Rogue opener. I can tell a good PvP'er as soon as I open on them. I know it's going to be a fight. I can also tell a not so good PvP'er and I know there going to die pretty quick.

Rogues are annoying but there not God tier by any means.

Eh the problem with that is you're invisible. Even the best pvper can be caught by surprise. Maybe they're taking a drink or glancing over at their TV. If someone who ISN'T invisible is coming toward them they have time to react, put the drink down, get ready. In world pvp, the element of surprise is all it takes most of the time.
08/09/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Palmofplague
So.... outlaw is finally good for once?

*Rolls the dice*

Nope.
08/10/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Cörédûmp
[quote]Assassination

I've given up on rogues entirely.

I've never seen a more stupid game change in 25 years of gaming. The class is just pure and utter trash now.

Big reason why last maybe 1 month out of each expac. I like to raid with 2 toons, rogue and warlock and now I can't bear to play my rogue.

Rogue was the first class I rolled the day the servers opened in vanilla. Now I can't even stand to log in on my rogue.

I understand your pain...

I've been a Rogue since BC and to see us this weak has me wanting to give up on this game for good. For a sec I thought things were looking up before these nerfs, I was doing 3.2k dps and topping the group charts on my Recount, now I'm doing 2.6k and being last in group.

I've just about had it with these whiney people that play WoW now begging devs to nerf us, and it seems to be paying off.

I'm going to level to 120 once BfA is live, and if things aren't good for us Outlaw Rogues at end game, and I mean doing good dps, then I'm canceling my sub. I'm not going to be paying to play a scrub class.