Lack of Weapons in BFA

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Blizzard, I don't understand the severe lack of weapons in this expansion. I know we got a little spoiled with our artifacts but its insanely difficult to get a good weapon at this point.

I have a million azerite armor pieces as they seem to be raining from the sky but getting a weapon or shield over 300 seems insanely difficult right now.

Any plans to address this or was this an over site or intended?
Weapon scarcity was brought up in beta as well. Unfortunate.
improve weapon drop chance please
The first thing I did at 120 was help the pocketbooks of several crafters to get gear to a ‘not suck’ level.
Complain about getting handed weapons in Legion, this is what happens. Low drop rates in BFA.
I cant for the lofe 9f me get any 340 weps to drop from mythics... i keep getting 1 junk item every run
I, for one, am glad that the artifact weapons are gone. I've always been an advocate for more variety in gear. I am, however, a little confused about the model for obtaining weapons in BFA though...

I got a 305 weapon while I was still leveling, I capped 3 days into the expansion and I literally haven't seen a single weapon from any other source since then (not including random greens from trash). If the idea is that you level, gear up in normal dungeons, move on to heroics, then eventually get into mythics and raiding, how does it make sense that I'm bringing a piece of leveling gear into mythics now?

As an SV hunter I can't even use my other specs because I don't have a weapon worth using so my dps is severely crippled to the point where I can't even do the same content. I'm not looking forward to dealing with my frost DK because I have to find 2 weapons for him before I can think about using Unholy or Blood.

Either change the frequency of weapon rewards from world quests or increase the drop rate in dungeons. Thank you.
Glad to see this post, I am leveling 4 toons right now and its a struggle to keep their weapons even remotely equal to the gear their wearing. I take them to all the questlines that drop a weapon then Im stuck. I know at 111 and 120 there are crafted weapons but my toons are all between those levels. : (
I am still using a 305 Bow that I got when I dinged Lv 120.

Nothing has dropped in dungeons for me yet.
yea I am seriously thinking of levelling my leatherworking just so I can make crafted weapons that are better than my 290 stuff
08/20/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Ulrok
Blizzard, I don't understand the severe lack of weapons in this expansion. I know we got a little spoiled with our artifacts but its insanely difficult to get a good weapon at this point.

I have a million azerite armor pieces as they seem to be raining from the sky but getting a weapon or shield over 300 seems insanely difficult right now.

Any plans to address this or was this an over site or intended?

I agree... look at my armor and my weap in my profile... yeah.

They need to make them more available in WQs and dungeons.
Same thing here, run dozens of heroics and a week of mythics, not. one. agility. weapon. drop. For anyone. ever. but man do i have azerite shoulders.....
Warfronts and PVP season start might help with weapons. Other than that I have nothing.

Weapon drops in BFA are worse than BC/WotLK. And in BC/WotLk you had badge systems to help players gain some type of weapon upgrade.
Meh, I got 340 weapon my first mythic run day 2 of the exp and went ahead and bought a 350. I guess I got lucky
Drop rates are ridiculously low. Ran many normal heroic randoms did not get a single weapon drop. Bought a 300 ilvl WEP from the ah. Have run all the mythic that drop weapons last week no weapons dropped for anyone in our group. We then ran most weapon dungeons this evening with three warriors and one paladin all specced for the two hand drop and not a single weapon dropped for us. That is 16 chances tonight at the weapons with no drops what so ever of any weapons of any kind in any mythics heroics and normals. My item level is 331 even though I have fairly decent mythic gear because my weapon is stuck at 300. When are you going to get your act together and fix this. It is absolutely ridiculous that after 3 resets I will be raiding normal and heroic with a 300 item level weapon. I get not wanting to shower us with weapons but this is pathetic
Personally, I don't think the issue is lack of weapons in BfA dungeons. Playing a range hunter, there are 6 dungeons (= 6 bosses) that drop either bow or gun.

I think the difficulty in getting weapons is mostly tied to personal loot system.... Vs group loot system.

In addition, range hunter may have the worst 'luck' in the current personal loot system. Range hunter is the only class/spec that uses bow/gun. Where all other specs can trade weapons with other class/spec, if meet the eligibility criteria, unless you have quite a bit of range hunter in a party or raid, you better pray harder.
08/29/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Airese
Personally, I don't think the issue is lack of weapons in BfA dungeons. Playing a range hunter, there are 6 dungeons (= 6 bosses) that drop either bow or gun.

I think the difficulty in getting weapons is mostly tied to personal loot system.... Vs group loot system.

In addition, range hunter may have the worst 'luck' in the current personal loot system. Range hunter is the only class/spec that uses bow/gun. Where all other specs can trade weapons with other class/spec, if meet the eligibility criteria, unless you have quite a bit of range hunter in a party or raid, you better pray harder.

That may be part of the problem, but rogues have the same situation. No other class uses agility daggers so the personal loot system works against you. Even still I’ve had quite a few dagger drops. Most of it is RNG luck.
08/29/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Airese

You'd think so. I got a mythic wand pretty early on, and then got two caster maces. Despite being the same slot and ilvl (and inferior secondaries no less), I couldn't trade them to my disc healer.

GG
After legion the forgot what weapons were so they just fired up a random item generator and made like 6.
I think another part of the problem is that they're not really that rare, just rng, in that randomly an emissary will drop a weapon for over 1/3 of the specs in the game. Just feels real bad if you're not in that 1/3.