To those who were excited about the buffs.

Druid
I'd say I told you so, but, hey i'm sure you've already unsubbed by now, especially after the announcement of "buffs" LOL.

Peace out boys, see you next expac.
I got excited. That was a mistake.
And here I almost got to 120 with a mix of moonkin and then bear.
Maybe I'll go work on my hunter for a while and see how this all shakes out.
What a joke of a buff...this pisses me off I don't know about u guys.
Yeah I'm just beyond pissed off. I am struggling not to just fly out to Irvine and storm that damned office and demand to know who's responsible before i get taken out by security.

This is just absolute incompetency. It is clear NOBODY at blizzard plays a feral cat druid and has any idea what they're doing with it.

I'm beyond angry. I'm just heartbroken.
Unfortunately, it was to be expected. It's much more difficult to rework a class than give a simple numbers buff
Sorry guys. It is to be expected. I gave up feral a couple expacs ago as a main when blues took away feral ability to shift out of roots because we could break fear with berserk and another blue at about the same time in another thread said they were taking our fear break/immunity during berserk because we could shift out of roots.

They took both then reconsidered and gave resto the ability to shift out of roots.
People unsubbing for that.

Lmao.
The raid hasn't come out yet, it's hard to justify a ST buff for now. I'm happy with an AoE buff at the moment. The only content there is to do right now is centered around AoE anyway.
I wasn't excited. I knew it would be lame.
08/22/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Urakot
People unsubbing for that.

Lmao.

Imagine you couldn't enjoy your favorite spec that you've been maining for years because of how dissapointing and awful it felt, and then to be constantly ignored. Then when you're finally acknowledged you're slapped in the face. Why would you pay 15 bucks a month for that?
Someone in my guild whispered me to check out the feral buffs, because they know I absolutely hate balance but feral is so unplayable it's laughable. I got a little excited.

Feral buffs...

too bad it was just bait lmao
08/22/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Fedras
Unfortunately, it was to be expected. It's much more difficult to rework a class than give a simple numbers buff

While I agree with the rework comment, they are completely failing the numbers buff aspect of this as well.

The buff's to aoe were deff needed, even as a band-aid fix, but single target is a complete dumpster fire as well. Raid or no raid, it's no excuse to have a class under-performing THIS bad.

I should be able to confidently bleed, and walk away from things without worrying about a xx% of damage fall off based off not auto attacking which if I'm not mistaken is like our 2nd highest damage behind FB, which also btw should not be hitting as low as it does.

I don't mind being last on the "dps charts" that's never mattered to me, someone will always be last, but being well out-performed by the top/mid-tier spots is what aggravating. 5-10% should be the gap. 5% being a little unrealistic for blizzard standard so let's say 10%. Or ideally 5% from the middle and 10% from the top. And then after that blizzard can play all the dart-board "class balance" that they want.

Currently this number feels like 30% gap... correct me if i'm wrong.

And the argument of "Feral will be good later", is archaic and stupid, and I'm sick and tired of it. I don't want to be amazing the last couple months before an expac ends. Like.. wtf...
Yeah, not sure what they were thinking. The theorycrafting on simulationcraft, which has balance druids and feral druids dead last (above the tanks) at ilvl 345 will not be affected at all by the changes they made, since it's a pure ST patchwork sim. There is some hope for scalability, as we move up to "just bad" at 375, but with very small standard deviation... and given the comparatively more complicated rotation compared to some other dps, I know I won't be performing perfectly. I guess we can hope that we will scale better than other classes so we can be on par in a few tiers...

I know I perform about 20% lower on ST of fights of reasonable length compared to my fellow dps, granted I am spec'd somewhat AOE since all the dungeons are, well, … mob fests these days.
08/22/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Aynrand

Yeah I've mained Feral basically every expac since BC. This is the first one I'm maining my hunter instead. Hopefully they'll make more changes as needed. I feel like even with this buff, its not enough to make Feral viable yet.

But give them time, its still only the 2nd week of BFA.
08/22/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Aynrand

Yeah I've mained Feral basically every expac since BC. This is the first one I'm maining my hunter instead. Hopefully they'll make more changes as needed. I feel like even with this buff, its not enough to make Feral viable yet.

But give them time, its still only the 2nd week of BFA.

Sadly, they've had plenty of that. Their alpha, beta, internal player testing, the feedback from many top-tier feral players both pve and pvp. They chose to do nothing, and this mediocre aoe buff is the result of all that feedback. Their ignorance towards the spec is more than apparent.
08/22/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Azraia
Someone in my guild whispered me to check out the feral buffs, because they know I absolutely hate balance but feral is so unplayable it's laughable. I got a little excited.

Feral buffs...

too bad it was just bait lmao

I haven't been whispered but I'm in the same boat, I don't enjoy Balance and enjoy Feral but it's been so painful I've not even got to 120 yet. Each level since 116 it's got worse, Chatoyant Signet and Sephuz covered up how bad it was until then.

I'm now contemplating what character I should play instead, but that feels wrong, I shouldn't have to make a change because Blizzard has screwed up.

First character, just about everything non-PvP done on this character and now the desire to play has diminished to near zero. :-/
omg!!!... what have they done. i hope they plan to set us another buff for raid.. this is a disaster.
08/22/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Fedras

Get the people who recreated Survival Hunters to recreate Feral Druids. After being underwhelmed while leveling and then being 120 for awhile on my feral druid I tried Survival and was having a blast every encounter(lvl 113 now). That fun was missing on the druid the entire time.
I'm going to keep repeating this: Feral is being balanced around arbitrarily getting 50% more Haste rating than any other class, moving from dead last to upper mid during later Raids due to this bonkers design.

Fixing this scaling is the first step to reworking Feral's base damage and energy mechanics.