Is Seabreeze working as intended?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Hi folks,

I just got myself a decent Seabreeze from the Shrine of the Storm, but it does not seem to be procing off healing spells. Off damaging spells, it works just fine.

is this intentional? Or am i just super unlucky on healing procs?

wowhead::
https://www.wowhead.com/item=158371/seabreeze&bonus=4777:1482
Would also like to know.

Just got it on my Holy Priests, spammed self 1.5 Mana bars worth of Flash Heal spam, no procs.

Bugged for healing spells? Ment only for DPS spells?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
08/26/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Sethworgen
Would also like to know.

Just got it on my Holy Priests, spammed self 1.5 Mana bars worth of Flash Heal spam, no procs.

Bugged for healing spells? Ment only for DPS spells?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I would HOPE it procs off heals considering it dropped for me as resto spec..
Only time I've seen a proc while healing is with Holy Fire ticking on something.

I'll test it more this coming weekend, when I will have time.

Could be an extremely bad streak for procs, though my trinkets have been. We shall see...
Just ran a mythic+ and it did proc but seems to be less often. I've had mythic seabreeze since week 1 and I think they stealth nerfed it.
Seabreeze (like many trinkets) can proc from healing, but only while in combat.
I got this staff too and I think its problem is that I've seen it proc relatively quickly and back to back with about a 20-35s downtime, while other times I can cast for a minute or more and it doesn't activate even when I haven't been in combat long enough for its internal cooldown to pass (if it even has one). It doesn't have secondary stats but with its wild proc chance I think its garbage. In long raid boss fights its proc will probably be good, but in mostly every other scenario I don't like it.
08/28/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Telosen
I got this staff too and I think its problem is that I've seen it proc relatively quickly and back to back with about a 20-35s downtime, while other times I can cast for a minute or more and it doesn't activate even when I haven't been in combat long enough for its internal cooldown to pass (if it even has one). It doesn't have secondary stats but with its wild proc chance I think its garbage. In long raid boss fights its proc will probably be good, but in mostly every other scenario I don't like it.

It's RPPM, it has a relatively low proc chance (.7 RPPM) but relatively high buff time (30 sec) it should be "up" at least once a minute, whether that means it was already proced or is procing. But as for it procing, it will proc less then once a minute, that is intended with its proc chance
Throughout an entire mythic dungeon (Shrine) it was up for 3 minutes. None of that time was a boss.
08/28/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Stoopedfays
Throughout an entire mythic dungeon (Shrine) it was up for 3 minutes. None of that time was a boss.

What would help your case (and I suspect you have one) is something like combat logs via a public parsing site. It would account for trash and boss fights as well as overall (combination of the two). It would give developers something to review and be an air-tight case. Right now, 3 minutes doesn't tell us much useful information.

This could then let them repeat the same test internally to figure out if this is working as intended, a bug with the procs, or something else (not listed here).
Can confirm it procs for healing spells just fine in combat. Set up a WA to track the buff or report your current haste % and you'll notice it. It feels like it is up more often than it is not, at least personally.
08/28/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Angosia
Right now, 3 minutes doesn't tell us much useful information.

It tells us there were 6 procs throughout an entire dungeon, and unless his tank was pulling every trash pack at once between each boss, that's pretty low. In fact, it's so low that it's sort of hard to believe.
08/28/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Sigma
Isn't Seabreeze a staff?
08/28/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Healiosity
Isn't Seabreeze a staff?

Referring to the proc, like trinket procs, require combat to trigger it. Not referring to the item type.
So should a disc priest use the heroic version of this over a mythic staff w/o haste?
Not sure if putting quick nav on the 340 would outweigh the proc from the 325 version of this.

Thank you for the response! Good to have confirmation that it does/should work on heals.

Proc still seems low, but need data to see if it is low or if it's just the feeling from it.

Thanks again, Sigma!
for all those who cant get it to proc i think its a bug. i took all my azerite gear off and within seconds i got my first proc, put the gear on one at a time till it stopped proccing for my " incite the pack " trait which i have on 2 pieces, now wether thats a coincidence or not idk. hope it gets sorted soon