Black Character Models?

General Discussion
Have there been any hints or announcements about the implementation of more black options for humans in character creation?

Being a man of color, I really would like to know!

Thank you
There are black / brown Humans already.
I'm not even holding my breath for a black skinned human option for worgen female any more than a new model update for them.

I can't believe my choice is being a cool werewolf or being a black human for my druid. Not both.

But hey, blood elves got golden eyes!
The Kul Tiran model can get pretty dark I think. There are quite a few dark-skinned variations running around Kul Tiras.
08/26/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Dfat

Yeah... Like 8 different white skin variations and 1 or 2 different black. I want more of an option personally.

Also as whisper stated, the worgen race does not have a black human variant.
08/26/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Arron
The Kul Tiran model can get pretty dark I think. There are quite a few dark-skinned variations running around Kul Tiras.

It's irritating they aren't part of the basic human customization kit. Especially the female models. The standard human has one "Dark" skin option and it's laughably pale. That option doesn't even exist for worgen. Having to denote skin color in a rp profile is outrageous.

This is true, but in OP's defense, there is more to POC than skin tone. That sounds silly in a sentence, but is true.
08/26/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Cutiepie

Yeah... Like 8 different white skin variations and 1 or 2 different black. I want more of an option personally.

Gnomes have different shades of black, you will enjoy playing them.
08/26/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Cutiepie

They used to with the old human models, but that changed when they updated them.
08/26/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Gorrett

This is true, but in OP's defense, there is more to POC than skin tone. That sounds silly in a sentence, but is true.

Yeah I get that. Hair style is also a big component.

For how to do this in a fantasy setting, I think the Redguards from the Elder Scrolls are a good example of a POC representation.
08/26/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Cutiepie
Have there been any hints or announcements about the implementation of more black options for humans in character creation?

Thank you

we have black/dark skinned characters, but i think you mean African style physique. in game that would be out of place as lore wise humans descend from wrykul. they are infact wrykul weakened by the curse of flesh.

i wouldn't mind if they added them, human genotypes have their own aesthetic peculiarities and i can see how some people might feel more comfortable playing as one. but if they do add them, it should be within cannon, like idk, the lost tribe that we reconnect with on the other side of azeroth, same with Asians, Latin American, etc.
I know there's a few dark skin colors for Kul Tirans, hopefully they'll give Kul Tirans the option of being not-fat humans also?

Also people saying there's black skin colors on humans, I strongly disagree. I feel like they're pretty much just a tan. Before Humans got the model update, the skin tones got way darker than they currently do now.
08/26/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Cathinka
08/26/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Cutiepie

Thank you

we have black/dark skinned characters, but i think you mean African style physique. in game that would be out of place as lore wise humans descend from wrykul. they are infact wrykul weakened by the curse of flesh.

i wouldn't mind if they added them, human genotypes have their own aesthetic peculiarities and i can see how some people might feel more comfortable playing as one. but if they do add them, it should be within cannon, like idk, the lost tribe that we reconnect with on the other side of azeroth, same with Asians, Latin American, etc.

It breaks 0 lore to add non-white skin tones. We have elves, orcs, undead, trolls, and all being every color of the rainbow. We don't need some expansion to explain why black people exist in a game where skeletons can talk.
We need some curly hairstyles too!
08/26/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Whisper
It breaks 0 lore to add non-white skin tones. We have elves, orcs, undead, trolls, and all being every color of the rainbow. We don't need some expansion to explain why black people exist in a game where skeletons can talk.

Agreed. If a Troll can turn into a void Elf through lore, I think we can handle adding some more options for humans.
08/26/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Whisper
<span class="truncated">...</span>

?

you reading comprehension is terrible.

we have non white skin tones already, but those are slight variations. black people not just black you know, there are other physical differences, muscular mass, Facial features and such, and that's not even mentioning cultural/ethnic characteristics, which given the time setting of the game (late medieval), need to be also represented.

giving the current white models a black skin is literal "Black face" makeup. its not just offensive, its silly, and hearing you make a case for it without understanding why it would be a bad idea is just plain racist.

the closest thing to a non white character is wrathion. he has his own model and in case you dint notice, all his followers are dark skinned humans, giving a hint that wrathion has been in contact with a mode middle eastern locale which is not currently on the game map (other side of azeroth perhaps)

it would be perfect to introduce other human models after introducing the other side of the gameworld.
08/26/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Aellom
We need some curly hairstyles too!

Long have a waited for something resembling my own curly mop to be available as a customization option. Not just in this game, but most games.

Is curly hair really that hard to render?

?

you reading comprehension is terrible.

we have non white skin tones already, but those are slight variations. black people not just black you know, there are other physical differences, muscular mass, Facial features and such, and that's not even mentioning cultural/ethnic characteristics, which given the time setting of the game (late medieval), need to be also represented.

giving the current white models a black skin is literal "Black face" makeup. its not just offensive, its silly, and hearing you make a case for it without understanding why it would be a bad idea is just plain racist.

the closest thing to a non white character is wrathion. he has his own model and in case you dint notice, all his followers are dark skinned humans, giving a hint that wrathion has been in contact with a mode middle eastern locale which is not currently on the game map (other side of azeroth perhaps)

it would be perfect to introduce other human models after introducing the other side of the gameworld.

You seem to think what I want begins and ends with skintone. The issue I have with your argument is that you're suggesting we need to justify the existence of black people on Azeroth by creating a whole new, far away land instead of just letting them exist within all the human lore already established. To say they need their own introduction because they "wouldn't belong" is actually.. racist of you. Also black people have different physiques? Oh boy.

I am realistic. I know Blizzard won't give us an entirely new kit for human customization but there is an appeal for the bare minimum being skintone which can be distinguished at any camera distance.

New hair, skintones, and faces would be essential to character customization all around, but Blizzard is reluctant to give us even that. This is an appeal to scraps to ears we already know are deaf.
I'm all for more diverse color schemes on characters. Not everyone in the world is the same color nor should every character in game be also.
The guy saying black people have different physiques... Sounds like some 1700's type of racist comment insinuating that black people are "different" in every way from non-blacks.

Disgusting comment.