Why are they selling flying mounts in the cash shop?

General Discussion
There isn't even any wording that says you cannot fly in Zuldazar or whatever, they expect people to pay for things they can't really use, false marketing.

While we are on the topic, why does the game even have a cash shop? it's not for server costs right? We pay monthly. The token system is the biggest cash grab I have ever seen.
08/27/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
There isn't even any wording that says you cannot fly in Zuldazar or whatever, they expect people to pay for things they can't really use, false marketing.

While we are on the topic, why does the game even have a cash shop? it's not for server costs right? We pay monthly. The token system is the biggest cash grab I have ever seen.

I feel dumber for having read that.
why does the game even have a cash shop?

To make money.

The token system is the biggest cash grab I have ever seen.

Nah. Beer prices at stadium events are much more blatant.
they expect people to pay for things they can't really use, false marketing.

Flying mounts can be used, in many areas of the game.
And there are some isolated no-fly areas.

And currently the BfA zones are no-fly, but sometime in the future they will be usable there.

So don't say they "can't really use", because they can be used.

Everything in the cash shop is optional. Nothing there adds any "power" or advantage to those buying them.
Once upon a time there was a small company called Blizzard. They were owned by a much bigger French company that controlled everything they did. That French company purchased a game publisher called Activision. They made Blizzard and Activision their games subsidiary. Then along came some people who decided that both Blizzard and Activision would be better on their own. To do this, they needed $8 Billion dollars in financing. They received a bank loan and bought themselves out of slavery from their master.

Thus, the cash shop was born and so far they have almost raised enough money to get out of the debt of buying themselves from their French masters.

Oh, and flying mounts can run just fine. Especially the ones with legs.

I like the tokens and how they work because its not flooding the 'economy' with new gold. Just players swapping gold for the token.

the flight thing is made more of a slap in the face when you think about their selling flying mounts, but it wasnt so long ago that they wanted to remove flying entirely in WoD and beyond.
Sell flying mounts that dont fly at all in current content. That'd have been super righteous.
Well we have different standards, I'm not cool with charging for cosmetics unless your game is free. I paid for this expansion (50 dollars), and pay monthly, I don't want to see a marketplace for actual cash.
You can't even earn the cash shop items in game, you have to pay, it's scummy.
The cash shop only items have a decent deterrent for me. I'm afraid someone will do to me, the same thing I do to them, when I see them on a money only mount:

"Ew."
08/27/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Lostinwoods

You sure can earn the cash shop items in game.

1. Earn Gold.
2. Buy Tokens in the AH.
3. Convert Tokens to Battle.net Balance.
4. Use your new balance to buy cash shop items. You can even buy other games.
well don't pay then

now that i have solved that epic problem for you, is there anything else i can do for you?
it is scummy. they advertise the versatility of the mount you pay with REAL money yet restrict you severely from using it as advertised.
Did Blizzard hotfix and force you to buy from the cash shop while I was gone today?

08/27/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Kagehãto
it is scummy. they advertise the versatility of the mount you pay with REAL money yet restrict you severely from using it as advertised.

Ya!! How scummy that they don’t let us use flying mounts at the beginning of the xpac and follow the same system as the last 2 by introducing flying later!!! It’s completely unbelievable that they would continue to do something that isn’t new!!!!
08/27/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Kagehãto

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.
08/27/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
Well we have different standards, I'm not cool with charging for cosmetics unless your game is free. I paid for this expansion (50 dollars), and pay monthly, I don't want to see a marketplace for actual cash.

Good thing the cash shop purchases are completely optional!

Some people want to be able to buy additional cosmetics with their own money. If it helps support the game, and it's cosmetic only, why are you so angry about it?
08/27/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Lostinwoods

They are cosmetic. They have no bearing on the how well you do in the game. Also there are tons of cool mounts you can get in game. Get off your high horse.... see what I did there because horses are mounts :D
Everything in the cash shop is purely cosmetic and completely optional. The mounts purchased do count towards mount collecting achievement's but whatever.
Don't like it or don't buy it is a slap in the face, and no, it's not that simple.
Oh Good, This Thread Again