Why are they selling flying mounts in the cash shop?

General Discussion
Cosmetics? Seriously, defending that, I don't know what to say anymore. The game isn't free to play, we pay to play, there shouldn't be any cash items in the game.
Because a long time ago Blizzard once justified a subscription fee by gaining access to all content in the game with regular updates and no micro transactions.

Then Blizzard started adding them little by little and they realized people would continue to pay their subscription fee and even defend them for it on the forums.

Now we’re at the point where you can buy gold with real life cash.
You MUST be lost in the woods because you're hopeless.
08/27/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
Cosmetics? Seriously, defending that, I don't know what to say anymore. The game isn't free to play, we pay to play, there shouldn't be any cash items in the game.

Yeah, when I buy a car there should be no additional options I can purchase with my own money. All the cars should be the exact same!

"It's not fair the other guy can have his car painted blue when my car is white. I pay the monthly payments. He even pays for Sirius Radio?! And On-Star?! That's scummy!" /s

Not to mention, even though inflation has risen substantially, the cost of the subscription hasn't changed. You even have the option to buy a sub with gold!
So much defending, I can see now why this is a standard thing throughout gaming, thanks for the insight guys.
Common sense my dude.
I see you, OP, and raise you.

Why do they even HAVE mounts when I can't use them until 20?

edit:

: )
08/27/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
So much defending, I can see now why this is a standard thing throughout gaming, thanks for the insight guys.

“I love paying a monthly fee and $50 expansions to not have access to everything in the game without paying more.” -Most of these forums, apparently
Hey guys, as long as no one's forcing you to buy something then nothing is scummy! So there's nothing scummy in the world! I solved everything! Durrrr!
I mean they certainly can be flying, if you hold your pants on and do the work!!

Just because it is there doesn’t mean you have to buy it.

But FYI, the winged guardian is seksi
08/27/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
The shop has been there since at least patch 3.3. A bit late on this bandwagon.
They are available in 100% of the content they have always been available in.
OP. If the cash shop items were required to play the game then you would have a point. But they are not. They are extras luxuries if you want to call them that. All it does is say hey I had an extra 25.00 and I decided to get this mount. It's not a big deal don't like it don't use it.
don't like it, don't buy it, don't like it, don't use it, these are all anti-consumer, I'm already giving you money.
08/27/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
don't like it, don't buy it, don't like it, don't use it, these are all anti-consumer, I'm already giving you money.

How is this anti consumer? They are (and let me bold this so maybe you will see it if not get your dam glasses on) EXTRA they do not count for anything they are just something if you have the spare cash and want it you can have it. They ae not making you buy the item it there if you want it. Seriously I am starting think at this point your either a donkey behind the screen or your a troll wearing the skin of a BE.
Not only that, I can nitpick, they seem to lock off the coolest looking mounts exclusively to the cash shop, the in game mounts don't have the same design, it seems more low quality, scummy.
08/27/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Funassassin
08/27/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
There isn't even any wording that says you cannot fly in Zuldazar or whatever, they expect people to pay for things they can't really use, false marketing.

While we are on the topic, why does the game even have a cash shop? it's not for server costs right? We pay monthly. The token system is the biggest cash grab I have ever seen.

I feel dumber for having read that.

+1
The cash mounts say clearly you get abilities up to what you can do.

If you can't fly...its a ground mount.

If only basic riding at 20, you don't go fastest. speed.
08/27/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Glaista
08/27/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Lostinwoods

How is this anti consumer? They are (and let me bold this so maybe you will see it if not get your dam glasses on) EXTRA they do not count for anything they are just something if you have the spare cash and want it you can have it. They ae not making you buy the item it there if you want it. Seriously I am starting think at this point your either a donkey behind the screen or your a troll wearing the skin of a BE.

No thanks, you're just a shill defending the practice. You can call me names all day, buddy.
08/27/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Sorelai
08/27/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Lostinwoods
You can't even earn the cash shop items in game, you have to pay, it's scummy.

You sure can earn the cash shop items in game.

1. Earn Gold.
2. Buy Tokens in the AH.
3. Convert Tokens to Battle.net Balance.
4. Use your new balance to buy cash shop items. You can even buy other games.

I'm afraid that this comment and the one you posted before this one both make complete sense. You are obviously a witch. BURN THE WITCH!