Quick Question before Launch

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
08/13/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Metrohaha
With BFA coming out tonight, I'm interested in learning more about the habits of players, and learning more about the demographics they might fall under. I asked my channel a similar question, and the results were pretty one-sided, so I'd love to ask you guys too.

1. How many of you are going to play very heavily over the next few weeks? How many of you are looking for top 100 US? How many will just raid seriously? How many will play 40+ hours a week for at least this week, if not the next three?

2. How many of you that will play 40 hours a week during BFA, would also play and be interested in Classic WoW? Could you see yourself playing 40 hours a week at it's launch too? Could you see yourself in an equivalent raid setting? Top 100 type guild, if that's even possible?

3. If Classic also came out today. Which would you play and why?

Thanks in advance! Interested in learning more about the community here, and which of you might be serious about the game, and super interested to see how many serious players might also play Classic!

Nope nope and nope.

I don't play to compete, I don't play to die, I play to enjoy myself. That said I probably will play more than more of you 'hardcores' since I have absolutely no other obligations for the next few weeks.

How much I will play later today will depends on whether blizzard has their act together with the servers.
WoWs core population has gotten much Older. How do you people as grow adults find the time to play 40 hours a week? Thats insane. What kind of Men have you grown up to be?
1. I'll play a few hours every day over the next several weeks, then probably taper off to an hour or two each evening. I'd rather play WoW than watch television. I'm not looking to be top anything, I just want to enjoy the game.

I'll farm mats for the raiders in my guild and they'll gift me with an AOTC run in a few months. I've raided regularly every expansion starting in Wrath and now my life is shifting gears; I need to put my raiding boots away for a while and concentrate on some RL stuff for the next couple of years. There is still plenty to do and enjoy in the game even if I don't raid much this expansion.

2. I would play Classic some just out of curiosity to see what it's like. I started playing WoW near the end of Burning Crusade so I don't really know what Vanilla was like. Would I play Classic 40+ hours per week? Nope, don't have that kind of game-playing time.

3. Battle For Azeroth. I want to see the new content, to see the saga and lore continue to unfold and find out what happens next. Plus new mounts and pets to collect. :)

Good questions, OP. It's been interesting to read the responses.
Gonna try Classic again only long enough to appreciate what we have now. I only got 2 toons to 60 and didn't raid much Vanilla but crafted and explored almost every part of Azeroth. I may just play when bored with raiding BFA.
I don't know about 40 hrs. a week, but I'll play as much as I can until I get bored, like every xpac. That's usually a few months.

I'm interested in Classic, but I need to know more; namely how much of a carbon copy of Vanilla will it be, how much QOL changes from current WoW will be included (if any). I'll definitely play Classic, but I imagine much like most of my time in Vanilla, I'll get a character to 30-40, get burnt out, and come back to current WoW.
Not looking for fame or titles for firsts, not wanting to rush though the expansion, do want to raid, Probably will play over 40 hours a week through the expan until I hit a wall or have flying lol.

I will play classic a couple hours a day as a diversion, won't be raiding. If it came out today, I would play it while waiting for Bliz to fix the bfa after the crash, again, only a little bit each day unless I meet old friends then who knows?
as for hours of play BFA. play a lot first week but taper down to just main raiding . not interested in firsts just like to watch my main youtubers doing what they do.
With BFA coming out tonight, I'm interested in learning more about the habits of players, and learning more about the demographics they might fall under. I asked my channel a similar question, and the results were pretty one-sided, so I'd love to ask you guys too.

1. How many of you are going to play very heavily over the next few weeks? How many of you are looking for top 100 US? How many will just raid seriously? How many will play 40+ hours a week for at least this week, if not the next three?

2. How many of you that will play 40 hours a week during BFA, would also play and be interested in Classic WoW? Could you see yourself playing 40 hours a week at it's launch too? Could you see yourself in an equivalent raid setting? Top 100 type guild, if that's even possible?

Thanks in advance! Interested in learning more about the community here, and which of you might be serious about the game, and super interested to see how many serious players might also play Classic!

1:/ 40+ hours first month after that it depends on the content if ti was fun then continue if quests are hiddent behinde rep grinds again like in legion (looking at you surmar the good sumuration) then ill be off again till next expac

2:/ the second classic wow launched i will play it. for the main reason the golden shine of nostelgia makes it seem soo good. and i want to expericane that again. but also to realize how annoying it was 5k for epic mount training no flying no lfr or lfg and a whole host of annoying things that have improved over time. i need the kck in the butt of reality to realize that :)

3:/ bfa till i hit 120 so abotu first 8-10 hours then classic for the above reasons (see a2)
I play a lot. I don't really have goals per say. I'm not a raider but will hop in the LFR if i have a quests I don't specifically seek it out. I like to take my time and smell the roses.

No, I won't play Classic. Been there, done that. no need to do it again.

No interest whatsoever for any top whatever, LFR maybe but not for a few months at least. I will play more than the last few months; a few hours a day sure, but 40+ hours… I have a family and a boss who may have a few harsh words then. ;)

I may try out Classic a bit, but only with an alt to see some of the old pre-Cata era quests. I have good memories of a few Alliance questlines, and never played in some of the Horde zones. I practically lived in MC/ZG/AQ back in vanilla, so no real wish to repeat that TYVM.
1. Yeah I'll be playing a ton. 40+ hours easily. I'd say 60+. I'll taper off a little in weeks 2 and 3 due to work - I fortunately have a very light week this week. Not interested in top 100 or raiding.

2 & 3. Not interested in classic WoW. Once was enough.

I will probably play less. For me, prepatch is the best time: we can just do the things that are fun, instead of having to grind predesigned content.

For me, the 40v40 Darkshore raids and the city invasions were the most fun, and there will probably be less of them now. Battlegrounds will probably also take a downtick.
I will play more often than I have been but I dont think it will reach even 30 hours a week. I will raid eventually. I do not care if m in the first anything to 120
I am very interested in Classic wow! Not 40 hours.
I will play both if Classic comes out today also. I'm excited about new content also. I really liked the effort you had to put into leveling and playin in classic.
Full-time work so there's no way I'll do 40 + 40 game time. I'm taking it slow, as I do every xpac.

I started in classic - no desire to repeat that experience. Unless I run out of stuff to do, then I may take a look around.
I'll be playing as much as I can afford to, not for competition or raid pushing or anything. Simply because I really want to enjoy everything the expansion offers.

As for Classic, I'm honestly in the camp of playing it off-and-on. Some of the features interest me as someone who only experienced Classic for 30 days.
I'm curious to know why, if you're truly interested in learning more about the community as you claim, why did you gear your questions only to "top tier raiding"?

Most doesn't apply to me, but I'm answering anyway.

More heavily than normal, sure. But no where near 40+ hours a week. Maybe 2 hours on "work nights" and 5 or 6 hours a day on the weekend, so, for me with a 3 day weekend, max would be 20-25 hours a week. "Normal" for me is maybe 12 hours a week, mostly on weekends.

I've never wanted to be in any kind of "top" guild. Stress isn't fun to me and that type of play seems very stressful. I raid, but I raid casually in just N/H with my guild.

Doesn't apply to as far as the 40+ hours thing. But I am interested in Classic. Just as a side thing when I get bored or just want something slower or different.

I'd play mostly BfA but I'd play Classic occasionally.
1. ME
2. NOT ME
3. Classic can bite me.

1.- im going to play mainly on nights everyday so i really dont know if i going to play 40 hours per week, but my goal is to rush 120, start working on gear, and be ready for serious raiding. No interested to be in the top 100.

2.- No interest at all on WoW classic, i had that experience already and its better to keep it in the past.

3.- i would play BfA, with all its downsides, the game today is far better than it was in vanilla wow.

1. Im going to play intense but with out any hurry. I dont do serious raiding so i have no hurry. What i want is to unlock the Mag'har soon and then we will what i decide to do. Maybe i will alternate between dungeon, reps and some pvp to break the monotony.

2. I have 2 week until my sutdies start to demand big time from me so im gonna so i will probably aim for the 40 hours + mark while i can. Have zero interest Classic and surely i wont be any top first.

3. I dont have any vanilla nostalgia so it would BfA wihtout question.

I will be playing heavily for me, but no more than 20 hours per week. I have zero aspirations to raid seriously at this point - I'm waiting to see how I feel after leveling Twonkie.

N/A. I was the warlock class officer in a guild that went on to be a top 100 guild horde-side - but I cannot say that it was a happy experience that I would want to repeat anytime soon. But it comes down to the people you raid with.

I would still start with the new BfA content, level up Twonkie and then see how I feel about it. If I quickly end up in a rut of dailies and look down the barrel of months long rep grinds to achieve anything meaningful to me I will probably unsub and wait for classic and give that a try.