Quick Question before Launch

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
1. I took a vacation from work this week, so I will hit 40 hours for this week without a problem. However, in my normal routine, my WoW playtime varies on what my current goals are. Usually early in expansions when I still have a lot of content to do, I may play 20-35 hours a week. Later in expansions when I am trying to get some tasks done, like catch up with LFR or work on reputations, it's around 10-20 a week. If I'm also leveling an alt, the time might jump back up to 15-25 a week. If I'm just doing the normal grind, catching up with garrison/hall quests, world quests, not aggressively pursuing anything, I may play about 8-12 hours a week, and under that during tax season (I'm an accountant), as I barely have any time at all and am regularly under 10 hours a week from the start of February through mid-April.

2. Doesn't apply to me as I won't be a regular 40+ hour player, and I'm not a raider, only using LFR for the past couple expansions. However, I am definitely playing Classic when it comes out. I am remaking my original WoW character, an undead warlock, but now with nearly 14 years of experience and the knowledge that skipping the DoT spells I couldn't afford at the time was a bad idea, haha! I'll even still use tailoring/enchanting, but I'll be wiser in managing my gold and earning gold, not screwing myself over and keeping all of my enchanting mats in a vain attempt to keep it leveled as I level, not affording my character skill ups.

3) I would not play Classic instead of BfA if it came out today, and I think 98%+ of the current WoW players would say the same thing if they had to make a choice between one or the other. That's why Classic's release date will likely fall halfway in-between expansion launches (maybe later on in an expansion if it's not ready to go). Most of the ones who would choose Classic over BfA if both launched at the same time are players who are currently unsubscribed and not planning on playing BfA at launch anyway.

I'll be playing both Classic and current when Classic comes out. I may focus more on Classic for awhile as I remember the time necessary to progress in things I was doing. But I'll always be sure to keep current, which won't be hard for me as I'm not a raider and have no set schedule to follow with any other players (my guild is a pure personal guild, after all). I will likely also not join a raiding guild in Classic either, as I don't have the time for that. But I will do my old group forming I remember distinctly, particularly when it comes to forming Wailing Caverns groups.

Hope this helps in whatever you're looking for in the player base.
08/13/2018 06:49 AMPosted by Metrohaha
With BFA coming out tonight, I'm interested in learning more about the habits of players, and learning more about the demographics they might fall under. I asked my channel a similar question, and the results were pretty one-sided, so I'd love to ask you guys too.

1. How many of you are going to play very heavily over the next few weeks? How many of you are looking for top 100 US? How many will just raid seriously? How many will play 40+ hours a week for at least this week, if not the next three?

2. How many of you that will play 40 hours a week during BFA, would also play and be interested in Classic WoW? Could you see yourself playing 40 hours a week at it's launch too? Could you see yourself in an equivalent raid setting? Top 100 type guild, if that's even possible?

3. If Classic also came out today. Which would you play and why?

Thanks in advance! Interested in learning more about the community here, and which of you might be serious about the game, and super interested to see how many serious players might also play Classic!

1) Not interested in being top. I just play for fun, not to compete with others. I'll play as much as I can, I have real life obligations so hopefully I'll be able to at least get in 2 or 3 hours a day, maybe...more...? I don't do dungeons or raids ever as with my Fibromyalgia I simply can't do that intense content without AFK'ing a considerable amount of the time, this I won't do to others... So unless I can solo the content it doesn't get done.

2) I have absolutely no interest in Classic, would/will not play it. I created an account way back then, didn't like the game. Quit and didn't even consider WoW until around the beginning of Cata. Been here ever since.

3) See #2.
I'm definitely not going for top 100 and haven't taken the week off. I expect to play evenings and weekends most days until I gear up enough for raiding to start.

I'm a slow leveler. My goal is to reach 120 in 2 weeks.
It depends on how interesting it is.
1. I couldn't even imagine having that much free time.
2. N/A
3. I'll check out the Classic when it releases, but I doubt I'll spend a huge amount of time there.
1. Going to play a lot over the next few weeks. The start is usually the most fun. Not looking to be top 100, far too much extended intense play, but I plan to get back into a mythic raid, just trying to decide between 2 different guilds. I'll definitely play 40+ hours this week and likely the next three. I'm not intentionally taking a vacation to play wow, but I'm taking 2 weeks off work beginning next week because if I don't now, I'll miss my vacation. I have no travel plans, so it's a nice coincidence a new expac drops at the right time, so I'll just spend my time leveling 2 to max and working heavily on professions for that sweet, sweet longboi.

2. I'm definitely interested in Classic WoW. I'd honestly prefer TBC but Vanilla will be fun too. I doubt I'd play 40 hours a week at Classic launch, but who knows, it all depends on when it actually is and if it is a busy work season or not a dead time in live wow. I'd probably raid, but wouldn't rush it, mainly because I'd know it's not really going anywhere and I'll be playing with friends.

3. If Classic came out today I'd probably do BFA and hit up Classic in a few weeks. I mean, it's slow leveling there, so if I wanted to, I could push and catch up to some folks.
1. How many of you are going to play very heavily over the next few weeks? How many of you are looking for top 100 US? How many will just raid seriously? How many will play 40+ hours a week for at least this week, if not the next three?

I will play heavily for a few days, but then it's wedding time for me - and then it's moving time. So, until Thursday I'll play heavily, and then not again until near the end of the month. Definitely not a top 100 US type player. I don't really even raid, I might do the odd normal/heroic with the guild, but cannot commit to a schedule and I hate pugging.

2. How many of you that will play 40 hours a week during BFA, would also play and be interested in Classic WoW? Could you see yourself playing 40 hours a week at it's launch too? Could you see yourself in an equivalent raid setting? Top 100 type guild, if that's even possible?

Not interested in classic in even a remote sense.
My next day off is Saturday the 25th at the very earliest, so I won't be playing nearly as much as I want over the next few weeks. Definitely 0% chance of top 100 anything.

I'll probably pass on classic WoW. The two classes I have the most fun with are monk and death knight, so going back to an era where neither exist isn't something I'm likely to do. Also don't like how everything was SUPER pigeonholed into a role, so even if I were to dabble in classic, I doubt I'd be doing much raiding.

See above answer.
1. I have not even gotten the bfa expac and I am unsure if I want it.

2. I am here for Classic mostly.

3. See answer #2. I pay for this because Classic is coming and that is the only reason really.
I plan to play heavily for at least the next 2 weeks. I am getting married and will be on my honeymoon for a while after that.

I plan to raid seriously but I am not gunning for cutting edge or anything.

No real interest I classic. If it came out I would probably ignore it for a good while and eventually try it out with some friends.
In my response to the @OP of this thread and reading back, many are saying and I agree on some points, I'm at the age where I can't sit for long periods of time without taking a break.

Especially this point of playing 40 hours a week. I used to work back in my younger days upwards to 70 hours a week driving cross country. After I retired I was spending just about that amount of time working as a volunteer in another community.

WHY should I being asked if I would invest time that I DON"T have to even log on for a session that lasts maybe tops four (4) hours a day. Out of that subtracting from a week, it only leaves me time that I need to spend elsewhere for my projects I have on going at this time, and then taking care of my own needs on top of that.

@OP

I have to really sit back and take another deeper look for your reasoning to ask this question. My best answer is if, and ONLY IF you want to put me on the payroll, then sure I be more than happy to play 40 hours a week with weekends off.
1. Not me. I'll play when the mood hits. I returned for BfA but I'm not fully into WoW like I was.

2. N/A. Classic is sort of funny for me in that I haven't played classic since, er, classic. I don't know if I try a classic server if the good feels of classic WoW will come back or if I'll feel like "been there, done that".

3. I'd try both. I'd really only play one primarily - which ever was more enjoyable.
1. I'll be playing a lot in the coming weeks and until the first raid is done on heroic difficulty. Not interested in mythic due to how stressful it is and the high ratio of failure to success. Will not try to get in any top # because I know there's thousands of people more dedicated than I am, so why even try.

2. No interest in Classic WoW. IMO, it was a product of its time and you can't reproduce that feeling again. Those who missed it will never be able to experience it again, and trying to resurrect that feeling you had playing WoW in 2004 is futile.

3. BFA, obviously.
1. Since I have a limited amount of play time, my plan is to get all three of my healing toons to 120 ASAP. I hope to have one done by Sunday and a second at least to 115.

My current raid lead wants to raid seriously. I'm going to give it my best shot provided work cooperates. I'm not after top 100 by any means.

2. Only thing I'm interested in for Classic is original Scholomance and SFK. I hate the Harry Potter revamp of School Blizz did in MoP and I miss original SFK

3. If classic came out today, I'd still play live. Classic was great for what is was but back then I was unemployed and a freshman in college. I had tons of time to dedicate to the Vanilla grind, which I can't (and don't want to) do now.
BFA doesn't come out until Tuesday on US. reset.
08/13/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Konira
110% gonna play heavily, about 15h per day.
Personally don't care about raiding too much, more of a PvP person.
Aiming for 0,5% PvP rank on this rogue, need some titles on this cutie.

More like 80+ hours a week. :P
Not interested in classic, will never play it.

BFA/ New content ftw.
Imo classic will just die out after several months, because it's not new content, the majority of people already know what to do and how to do it, best builds, best classes, raid mechanics, etc. Most people think they will have the same experience they had back in the day, imo it will be an utter disapointment for many and will just ruin the nostalgia.
Yep classic will fall off a few months later.
I work from home and will be playing basically nonstop for the next few days.

Not pushing for any kind of first.

I have zero interest in classic.

08/13/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Landmine

And that's where you're wrong.

I'll likely be playing fairly heavily over the next few weeks. Wife and I streaming one set of characters and playing another set on down time. But not concerned about top 100 anything and At max we could be playing over 40 hours but that'll depend on if the kids are going off anywhere this weekend (Overnights, etc). Likely will be maybe 25 tops by end of Sunday. We don't raid seriously and haven't since Cata.

I have absolutely no real interest in Cata. I will likely level one toon for the nostalgia trip and because my Wife joined in Cata so never got to see the old world. But I can't imagine we'll raid heavily or do much once we get through the leveling content. (Honestly, we might stop after the Zelda quests in Un'Goro)

BfA. As I said, Classic has no real lasting appeal. I remember it and other than a few quests and the interest in seeiny my wife's response to seeing it new there's no point. All my fond memories occurred from the people I played with, Those won't magically come back because they load a pre 2.0 server.
1 Will play about the same time spent as before release of BFA - An hour or two a day.

2 Play less than 40 hours a week

3 BFA. Already played Classic many years ago. If I play Classic going forward it will only be to fill time.
08/13/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Landmine
Well you wait until then. In about 2.5 hours I'll be gaining xp again.