Ret pally

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I have a feeling we will get nerfed. We have excellent dps dmg now and im topping dps in most groups, well from details add on point of view anyways. How many if you think this will happen.
Whaaaaaaaaaat I haven't played Ret since WoD! Is it that good?
08/17/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Illadris

I'm pulling 8k -10k ST at 288 ilvl ret is in a hella hood stand point
It feels solid to me.
08/17/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Mandrel
It feels solid to me.

Inqusition feels smoother
I'm not sure about my numbers... but I'm finding the game play just a bit meh. I feel like there's just a bit too much gap between having abilities available that give me holy power, and having enough holy power to spend.

Tier 15
...I don't like any of these talents. Execution Sentence is a big HP sink with a long cooldown, Righteous Verdict is only useful if you're getting Divine Purpose procs, or are lucky with Art of War (Blade of Wrath resets) so you have the availability of that extra HP for back to back Holy Verdicts. I took Zeal, because the Holy damage on autoattacks scales nicely with Mastery, but I don't like that "autoattacks" is somehow a character design staple; it's literally doing nothing.

Tier30
I despise the way Blade of Wrath looks... a big blade popping out of the ground is DUMB. I really, really, really (really) miss Hammer of Righteousness (turns your Blade of Wrath into a storm of holy hammers around you).

Tier 60
Divine Judgement is a WTF talent. It's an AoE tier, and this is a single target talent, and I understand it performs terribly. Hammer of Light would be a nice replacement here, I think.

I took Consecration, because I understand it parses well, and having access to 1 HP more often fits an Inquisition gameplay better, I think, than getting a 5 HP jump every 45 seconds. But, I do wish Consecration had a shorter cooldown.

Tier 75
Paladins are slow. I almost feel like Cavalier is the "must take" talent here, and it's disappointing. I really think that Divine Steed should have 2 charges baseline, and they could give us something more interesting here.

Tier 100
...I understand that Crusade is just garbage. So, that could use a massive fix.

For me, my Mains are my main characters because of personal attachment. I don't look at how they play, and then decide what my main is going to be. And, it's unfortunate that my main (Ret Paladin) is... only getting a C+ from me. It's playable for sure, just not wowing me.
08/17/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Landria

Time to level my pally as my deeps toon. I love the idea of a ret pally, they just got sad to play for a bit there.
Dont be fooled. Ret paladins do good damage but i find the gameplay boring and lacking. Maybe thats just me tho
08/17/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Landria
08/17/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Mandrel
It feels solid to me.

Inqusition feels smoother

I've forgotten about playing Paladin and in my mind thinking...

The Inqusition...
Let's begin
The Inqusition...
Look out sin
Someone told me we're 5th in DPS right now.

So I fully expect a nerf incoming.

Honestly, I think we're doing the damage we are because we got our Hammer back. Aside from that, we aren't so bursty anymore since we lost a lot of the synergy with our Leggos and the Legion talents.

I will say I feel our AOE damage is complete booty at the moment. I would love my spinning hammers, Zeal, or my rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty Divine Storm back, because right now I feel like I can handle a large group of mobs at a time, but it takes forever to mow them down. Obviously, launch-blues are in full-effect, but I wouldn't be surprised if our single-target DPS was nerfed but our multi-target DPS gets buffed.

I just don't want to get nerfed, but it'll happen.
8-10k single target DPS at 288? I doubt it, maybe during the initial 30 seconds, but you will not sustain that on any mythic dungeon bosses at your ilevel.
08/17/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Landria

Doubt it.
My Paladin was always my main until Legion. I didn't like the state of Ret at the time, and too much drama when tanking. I am at 102, maybe after I hit 120 here I will level up my Paladin to 120.
08/17/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Arraegath
8-10k single target DPS at 288? I doubt it, maybe during the initial 30 seconds, but you will not sustain that on any mythic dungeon bosses at your ilevel.

That's normally dungeons not mythic and when I get home ill screen shot it for you
I've hit several bursts at around 10k, but it fell off after about 10 seconds to around 6-8k. I'm 290 ilvl
08/17/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Landria
08/17/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Arraegath

That's normally dungeons not mythic and when I get home ill screen shot it for you

Like I said, maybe the initial burst, it does not mean you are doing 8-10k DPS as you claimed. You are bursting for 8-10k.

You want to see damage single target damage, you should see locks or sub rogues.
Let's not nerf Ret Pallies..just bring others lacking up to that level.
Currently I think we might be a little too strong. At 333 ilvl I'm able to hold 15k+ on some fights and I'm leaving everyone in the dust. However it could be the difference in my groups weapons that's causing it to be a little exaggerated, I've got a 340 ilvl 2 hander and once I picked that up I haven't been touched.

Again its nothing new, its the beginning of the expansion and only the first week. We're likely to see some tweaks here and there before we get to Uldir.
08/17/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Ythisens
Currently I think we might be a little too strong. At 333 ilvl I'm able to hold 15k+ on some fights and I'm leaving everyone in the dust. However it could be the difference in my groups weapons that's causing it to be a little exaggerated, I've got a 340 ilvl 2 hander and once I picked that up I haven't been touched.

Again its nothing new, its the beginning of the expansion and only the first week. We're likely to see some tweaks here and there before we get to Uldir.

I vote we get buffed.... also buff prot pally damage :)
08/17/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Elechan
I vote we get buffed

I mean I'm not gonna object... >.>

It could be we're fine and its just a gearing thing though. Its still the first few days so never know.