Where is everyone?

War Mode and World PvP
I'm running around with war mode on and the world is empty. Maybe I will see 1 or 2 other people in a world quest area, but this is alarming compared to the swarms of players I saw in Legion.
I have the same issue. I feel like I’m playing single player.
Are you going into horde territory?
I've been all over the place, including Horde territory. Game reminds me of a dead MMO at the moment since other players are so few and far between.

It was the same way while leveling up, warmode or not. I didn't play the first day bfa came out, but I should have still seen some people running around. What is going on here?

Nobody wants to fight me when I'm disc anyways, so maybe it doesn't matter. Something still feels seriously broken/wrong for launch week.
Same. I go to Kul Tiras to gank and can't find anyone. I sit afk in dueler's guild queue with no one to duel. World pvp feels totally dead, especially with separate continents. And I didn't even come across many players of my own faction while leveling up.

Maybe something is wrong with sharding. Or maybe the game is just dead. But it feels bad.
I agree. It does feel very bare.
Emerald dream is fairly populated. Also currently the blizz sharding tech is in overdrive.
I'm guessing poor people with potato computers forced them to up the amount of sharding to contain their FPS drops.
I'm not PVPing in an RPG where my gear and levels don't matter
08/17/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Balmy
I'm running around with war mode on and the world is empty. Maybe I will see 1 or 2 other people in a world quest area, but this is alarming compared to the swarms of players I saw in Legion.
they got war mode off
same ive leveled up two chars to 120 already and ive barely seen any oposing faction. on ocassion ill see my own faction. feelsbadman
Come to Vol'Dun
Did a lot with warmode off lvling, people were everywhere. Tried with it on and hardly a soul around.
It might be phasing (a different part of the zone story) that keeps you from seeing others.
This is why warmode, instead of PVP servers, was a questionable idea. People have the choice of turning it off for leveling, and turning it back on to gank at 120.

I miss the days when a character had to be created on a PVP server to be on a PVP server.
The problem is that there's two landmasses, which splits the Warmode playerbase in two at all times. The 'world pvp' concept would've been far better served by having a single, larger landmass with territories and supply lines.
You cant make world pvp fun when they constantly balance this game for 3's. You know that mini game no one plays?

Warmode is looking like a failure. I saw so few people leveling both my toons. Now its becoming 120 gank fest. Good job hordies. 4 120's vs 1 person. So skilled. *applauds*
Maybe it’s how the sharing works? I’m on Dalaran which was formerly the biggest carebear server, but I still see a lot of alliance and horde wherever I go.. I think it’s a situation of the rich getting richer because I get put with other high pop servers, especially area-52 and thrall for some reason. The odd time I get a ragnaros duo which is quite funny when they try and kill me.
I see a pretty good amount of people everywhere I go with War Mode on. Usually I'll see a bounty or two in every zone I go to as well at peak time.
They probably thought to compensate for the hordes of roving marauders in legion