Concerns about Uldir gear

General Discussion
Uldir currently has only three rings and TWO trinkets for healers. What in the world?

On top of that, the azerite traits on the gear in Uldir is the exact same as found elsewhere, apart from the unique global trait. Blizzard stated that the raid gear would offer more in-depth, rotation-altering traits since they felt raiders would be more comfortable with that. Unless something changes, that was a flat out lie.
There aren't many azurite traits per class. The first raid tier usually has lackluster gear compared to other tiers. The biggest difference is that epic quality Azerite Armor has three tiers of traits plus +5 ilevels compared to two tiers of traits for rare quality.

Maybe Blizzard will add more interesting stuff in later tiers.
There's also the world bosses which offer another ring and like 4 trinkets that healers can use, plus what you'd find in Mythic+.

I'll mention the Azerite stuff though, thanks! I'm noticing some variety in traits but nothing major apart from what already exists.
Thanks for the reply Ythisens, but if I look back at Emerald Nightmare from last expansion...Healers had 4 trinkets to choose from. Casters in general had five, along with four rings.

On top of that the world bosses offered extras as well.

Can't I ask that some of these trinkets (if we don't get extra based on this feedback) from the world bosses get moved to the raids? Raid gear is consistent and you have a chance at it every week. World boss gear is entirely dependent on both the weekly rotation and the normal RNG. I think the majority of trinkets, which increase our toolkit, should be in the raids where we have ready access to them.
Could you tokenize Azerite? Currently, if you get a dupe (same ilvl, traits, etc), it's not tradeable even to members of your own class.
I'd settle for some secondary stats on azerite gear.
08/20/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Ythisens
There's also the world bosses which offer another ring and like 4 trinkets that healers can use, plus what you'd find in Mythic+.

I'll mention the Azerite stuff though, thanks! I'm noticing some variety in traits but nothing major apart from what already exists.

Why would world bosses be included as a logical step as raid loot? They don't drop mythic level gear and they are time gated weekly and only drop loot once.

You'd kill the same raid boss 8x before you'd see a world boss you may want.

Edit: and that 8x is assuming only on one difficulty...

I actually feel that Azerite gear is so common, getting it often feels boring. Is it being super common intentional to allow people to get their Azerite Traits easily? I think they went a bit too far.
08/20/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Bealu
Can't I ask that some of these trinkets (if we don't get extra based on this feedback) from the world bosses get moved to the raids? Raid gear is consistent and you have a chance at it every week. World boss gear is entirely dependent on both the weekly rotation and the normal RNG. I think the majority of trinkets, which increase our toolkit, should be in the raids where we have ready access to them.

That should be nice, my BiS trinket is from one of the world bosses, I hate this.
08/20/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Bealu
that was a flat out lie.

A thousand things change in development compared to initial plans. That's not what a lie is.
08/20/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Treeba

Ahh yes so we can hit absurd amounts of secondaries in the intro tier raid.
Can we not have these system next expansion?

You'd think these people would look a little deeper every now and then.

The % chance of actually get something that you need / bis / any decent from a boss every 8 weeks + % of drop chance is abysmal.

4 months of no Drust Rune on beta had ppl rolling and playing 3 casters, for example. Keeping the caster that gets the Trinket and deleting the other 2.

Darkmoon Deck option is a tremendous joke as well, as they are simming lower than most 310 trinkets, except the Agi DPS version.

The clear choice: Only play m+ :)
08/20/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Illidonkey

Sounds good to me
08/20/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Jylok
The % chance of actually get something that you need / bis / any decent from a boss every 8 weeks + % of drop chance is abysmal.

Of course, I'm not counting it as a guarantee but its something that you could potentially get. You could have bad luck and equally not get a dps trinket off a regular raid boss so its not so different. I do get that there is a difference though in the aspect of a guaranteed attempt verses not.

Darkmoon Deck option is a tremendous joke as well, as they are simming lower than most 310 trinkets, except the Agi DPS version.

I've heard from the casters in my guild that its not great. I know its simming low and it has a weird interaction at least. I've passed it on to the team though but I don't know if there is an actual problem with it. The melee one is pretty great at the moment however and its BiS for most melee I believe until Mythic Uldir. So its a pretty good grab.
08/20/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Illidonkey

im not sure if youre new, but helm, pants and chest armor have had secondary stats on them for the entirety of this game's lifespan, and it was not a problem. perhaps you enjoy being artificially weakened for no reason. i dont know. but at this point my entire group just groans when we get another piece of useless azerite gear.

I feel like it should be mentioned healer trinket =/= trinket usable by healers.

There's a world of difference between something with a equip/use effect and a stat stick.

That being said that STILL doesn't cover that world bosses won't be scaling their gear drops to Heroic and Mythic difficulties, so they're not really a serious loot alternative.
It kinda makes sense, imo, for the Azerite powers to be mostly the same in Uldir. We did not get tier bonuses in the first raid for the last two expansion, and I imagine one of the reasonings there is to establish a good foundation for classes before throwing the more elaborate bonuses into the mix.
08/20/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Ythisens

Of course, I'm not counting it as a guarantee but its something that you could potentially get. You could have bad luck and equally not get a dps trinket off a regular raid boss so its not so different. I do get that there is a difference though in the aspect of a guaranteed attempt verses not.

I've heard from the casters in my guild that its not great. I know its simming low and it has a weird interaction at least. I've passed it on to the team though but I don't know if there is an actual problem with it. The melee one is pretty great at the moment however and its BiS for most melee I believe until Mythic Uldir. So its a pretty good grab.

What about the fact that we don't have access to the world boss trinkets at a Mythic raid item item level?