Real talk. What the hell does Lor'themar do?

General Discussion
Blizzard, you could stick NPC Blood Elf Male Model 25 into all of the scenes that Lor'themar is in and that NPC would be just as important to the story as Lor'themar.

Now I know he's regent lord after Prince Kael'thas left to go on some inner journey quest with his homeboy Illidan. But...who else knows that besides people who read the lore? There is very little Lor'themar actually does. I'd even imagine a good 25% of the Blood Elves who read this are scratching their heads going "What is the Lor'themar? Was he that Blood Elf dude from the MOP quest hub?"

Let's just say, the freakin' Void Elf intro quest has more significant Lor'themar/Blood Elf lore than most of the Horde interaction with the guy. And that's sad.

He lives a worthless existence in an outdated city while only being relevant when the writers go "Hmm, we should use that Blood Elf guy in this scene".
His special ability is looking intimidating as a BE male.
I know he had dinner with the other Horde leaders. So there's that.
Sadly he gets no use because they have not cared about Blood Elves since introducing them in BC. The clear evidence is you STILL cannot fly in Silvermoon but you can the rest of the old world. They should update that whole zone to reflect a thriving BE society now that the sunwell is back online.

A rebuilt silvermoon would be a far superior capital to Org anyway. At least it would look a lot better.
08/25/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Filinea
Sadly he gets no use because they have not cared about Blood Elves since introducing them in BC. The clear evidence is you STILL cannot fly in Silvermoon but you can the rest of the old world. They should update that whole zone to reflect a thriving BE society now that the sunwell is back online.

A rebuilt silvermoon would be a far superior capital to Org anyway. At least it would look a lot better.
That’s some pretty flimsy evidence.

By that logic they also don’t care about the Draenei despite devoting half an expansion to them, since Exodar / Azuremyst hasn’t been updated since BC either.
He wears an eye patch. That's what he does. Other than that... sometimes he says a line but that's about it.
08/25/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Mestine
Blizzard, you could stick NPC Blood Elf Male Model 25 into all of the scenes that Lor'themar is in and that NPC would be just as important to the story as Lor'themar.

Now I know he's regent lord after Prince Kael'thas left to go on some inner journey quest with his homeboy Illidan. But...who else knows that besides people who read the lore? There is very little Lor'themar actually does. I'd even imagine a good 25% of the Blood Elves who read this are scratching their heads going "What is the Lor'themar? Was he that Blood Elf dude from the MOP quest hub?"

Let's just say, the freakin' Void Elf intro quest has more significant Lor'themar/Blood Elf lore than most of the Horde interaction with the guy. And that's sad.

He lives a worthless existence in an outdated city while only being relevant when the writers go "Hmm, we should use that Blood Elf guy in this scene".

The same as every other Blood elf. We stand there and /hairflip
I find him so interesting!! With his history with Sylvannas, one would think he would at least have a presence. Blood elves have honestly just never be taken seriously. Not by the playerbase or Blizzard. We were just a population filler for the Horde. Sadly Lor'themar and the blood elf lore will never really go much further in the game.
He had really good characterization in MoP and then Blizzard promptly forgot about him
Paperwork.

He HATES it.

Would rather be murderhoboing, but someone has to run Quel'thalas.
His job is to stand there and look pretty when all the horde leaders are assembled therefore bringing up the average attractiveness of the group. It's not easy staying pretty when you have the smell of rotting corpses and cows nearby. Such stenches could contort a face into a hideous grimace, but our guy manages to keep his composure.
08/25/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Hamstar

Sorry but that is actually impossible. He looks about as tough as a wet puppy...
Look pretty
Waits until the BE go back to the Alliance.
They put him in the Battle for Lordaeron cinematic and got his hair color wrong, even.

Yes I noticed, Blizzard.
08/25/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Hamstar

Intimidating and blood elf... and male... have no place in the same sentence.
08/25/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Nillah
They put him in the Battle for Lordaeron cinematic and got his hair color wrong, even.

Yes I noticed, Blizzard.

lmfao I just looked at it again and they did hahaha wrong color and wrong style. They don't even care about him enough to get it right hahahahaha
08/25/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Nillah

Yes I noticed, Blizzard.

Maybe he had just dropped 25g at the Silvermoon Barber Shop.
08/25/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Patchs
08/25/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Filinea

That’s some pretty flimsy evidence.

By that logic they also don’t care about the Draenei despite devoting half an expansion to them, since Exodar / Azuremyst hasn’t been updated since BC either.

They didn't care about the Draenei enough to have just one pop into Darkshore with a glass of water for an elf who's... everything is on fire.

Or, you know, Vindicar.
His special ability is to have Gideon Emery voice acting him, who is legendary for playing characters that are panty-droppers, which is used just in time for him to seduce Thalyssra further into the Horde. Lok'tar Ogar!