give tank/healer bonus war supplies

General Discussion
for dungeon queue. incentives are nice.
There is a bonus for tanks & healers. They currently get an additional 100 AP + gold/rune pouch. The tank bonus has been up since BFA launch, the healer bonus is often up but not always.
08/30/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Fiascoh
There is a bonus for tanks & healers. They currently get an additional 100 AP + gold/rune pouch. The tank bonus has been up since BFA launch, the healer bonus is often up but not always.
getting insta queue on my tank with 0 bonus. back to the alt I go.
From what I've seen, the bonus is only when you're in solo queue. I do not get tank or healer bonus when queuing with even 1 other person.
08/30/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Desolation

I'd queue for more resources.
08/30/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Desolation

Normal doesn't get the bonus. It's only for Heroic and LFR.
It's 100 Azurite and 1k Gold currently.

And it's not enough honestly.

There just plain aren't enough healers and tanks, increase the incentive and you increase the desire for people to do those roles.

Should be like 500-1k Azurite and like 10k Gold per dungeon if you tank or heal. That'd get all the whiney DPS players to actually learn to play something useful.
08/30/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Emeraldlash

I'd queue for more resources.
me too. i dont care too much about bonus AP
08/30/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Desolation

I'd rather wait an hour or so than get a diva tank player such as yourself who's only in it for what they get.
That's actually not a bad idea

Make it a 100 supplies, then yeah i'll queue heroic with the bag of course
Tanking LFD simply isn't worth the hassle. No amount of gold/AP is going to change that.

I do it occasionally, but most of the time I regret it. I'd rather go with people from my guild or friends list, and have a far better time.

Incentives don't really work - blizzard needs to fix the basic design of dungeons so that 5 dps can queue and do the dungeon together. Last expansion proved that dps sufficently geared don't need tanks and healers in mythic dungeons - they can surely set something up so if dps are over a certain ilvl they can queue for dps only normal and heroic dungeons.
08/30/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Aquarii
From what I've seen, the bonus is only when you're in solo queue. I do not get tank or healer bonus when queuing with even 1 other person.

That's how it's always been, solo only for the bonus. I guess they look at it is if you're going with friends then you don't need an extra reason.

Ironically I never do my random heroic with friends anymore when I can just solo heal and earn like 3-4k worth of stuff
I kinda just ignore the current bonuses as well. Got more runes/gold than I know what to do with.

War Resources? Now we're talkin'.
I would queue tank more often if the reward was on-par with the expedition AP gain. They would actually need quite a hefty reward, because dungeons are a mess.

08/30/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Nossika

There just plain aren't enough healers and tanks, increase the incentive and you increase the desire for people to do those roles.

Should be like 500-1k Azurite and like 10k Gold per dungeon if you tank or heal. That'd get all the whiney DPS players to actually learn to play something useful.

A little louder for those in the back. Instead of crying, make a change. Try a tank spec.
<span class="truncated">...</span>getting insta queue on my tank with 0 bonus. back to the alt I go.

I'd rather wait an hour or so than get a diva tank player such as yourself who's only in it for what they get.
diva or not, the mobs go down without any problems so whats the issue?
08/30/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Nossika

Pretty much this. It's not the difficulty of a random heroic. It's the sheer chaos that always ensues. I have little tolerance for the "gogogo" types. But for 10k a pop i can deal.

AP feels seriously unrewarding. I don't care for it. Don't do the WQs that give AP, not "grinding" for it in any way.

Resources are something I *need*

I'd heal random heroics for resources. As of now? I don't do Heroic queues

Better yet, fix the problem permanently by allowing 5 DPS to go in without a healer or tank if they want.
08/30/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Annastasi
Tanking LFD simply isn't worth the hassle. No amount of gold/AP is going to change that.

Which is my point.
Offering bonuses wont change attitudes on either side....DPS or the Tank/Healers.
Its an easy, perma-fix.
Put a check box asking if the player wants a healer/tank or if they are willing to run 5 DPS.

( ) Traditional Group
( ) 5 DPS

If they check the second box, they are willing to risk dying 40 times to clear the dungeon, but they'll get in 100 times faster because they arent having to wait for a healer and tank.