A Way to Fix WoW and Dungeons

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So I've been playing WoW for a long time, about 8-9 years on all of the alts I made back in the 10 day trial. One thing I see a lot of is... Well I guess less of is players and it got me thinking how can we fix this now I know about sharding and I will talk about that in another post, for from what I see the main reason you see less players is because of LFG.

Now... How can we fix this well Timmy first off what do we know about LFR? LFR is like a water downed Raid meaning it's easier and gives worse loot now of course I am okay with LFR because it's not op and makes people who play casually able to play. Now for LFD it's different they make it a normal dungeon which is NOT okay so you get the same xp as someone who walked into the dungeon which like I said is NOT okay. How to fix this you may ask well it's easy make LFD a thing for NEW players, people who are learning rotations (the little at level 15 they need to learn) therefor players will need to que for dungeons or ask people using some thing is IN. THE. GAME known as Pre Made Groups.

Well what makes this different you may ask well first off why are you asking that second it's because think of mythics you need to find a dungeon you want then ask to join someone or create one yourself now I know what you're saying omg this is a bad idea but really is it. Making the game faster to level for new players is not the way to go now here's the thing I thought of a new mode of some sorts like below heroics or heroic it's self which is for players who let's say group up and have full heirlooms and want to level up the fastest they can these can take up to an hour to complete while a normal dungeon can be 45-60 minutes depending on the players

In total I think this can help WoW in the long run as you will see more players (even with sharding) walking around because the first and most impotent thing a MMO RPG needs is a community. (If you disagree fill free to say what you would do or add to make this better and maybe someone at Blizz with see this) Also this was from a rant me and my friend did.

Edit: This is not saying WoW is dead because guess what? It's not WoW has gone through WoD and survived I think it can last. Second I am not saying that you should slow people with heirlooms down someone tried saying I said that NO I already said something about that with a some what new difficulty type for dungeons so that heirloom levelers can group up with Pre Made Group tab and level that way. Also I don't want to remove LFG I want to make it an easier dungeon/raid which the raid is already done.

Edit 2: I'm not saying a normal player cannot do what I said for people with heirlooms and a new mode that will be harder but give more xp and armor I'm saying that it's better for them to start with LFD move to normal dungeon's and move to the higher up dungeon mode people said that it would take to long for people to level to 1-120 but in total it's because the number is too big if I said these changes if the level was 60 would be still be saying we level too slow?
You want to remove LFG to promote a better leveling exp?

Just for low levels or for everyone?

I mean, there is no way. Obviously LFG has been a net benefit to WoW; that’s why it’s still around years later when things like scenarios, 10m dungeons, raid attunements, masterlooter ect ect, have all been scrapped.

It may be a lull because of where we are in the content cycle, but WoW is not dead, millions of people are around.

Use the social tools we have available to meet people and understand the LFG is just to very quickly complete an instance with a group of silent strangers.
08/08/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Denarenden
what makes this different you may ask well first off why are you asking that

People will be asking because your post is all over the place and no one has any idea what the point of it is.

You are not seeing anyone much right now because most people are logging on for the 15-20 mins weekly of timegated content that IS new till BfA drops. Then you will see ALOT more people.

Your server is also 3/4 horde so that isnt helping you see more people.

Forcing new players and other players with heirlooms to take longer to level up will hurt the game at this point because alot of people either just want to lvl another alt to max asap and lots of new gamers cant hold an attention spam of more than 30 seconds.
08/08/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Panaceum
You want to remove LFG to promote a better leveling exp?

Just for low levels or for everyone?

I mean, there is no way. Obviously LFG has been a net benefit to WoW; that’s why it’s still around years later when things like scenarios, 10m dungeons, raid attunements, masterlooter ect ect, have all been scrapped.

It may be a lull because of where we are in the content cycle, but WoW is not dead, millions of people are around.

Use the social tools we have available to meet people and understand the LFG is just to very quickly complete an instance with a group of silent strangers.

It has not helped WoW in anyway, WoW is no longer an MMO the definition of an MMO is an online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously. WoW was an MMO you can go on any private server from vanilla to wrath if you want I really don't mind and still see more players in there then you do in on live it's a problem and if you don't believe it is why did you reply.

Next part why did you say I said WoW was dead never did I say that. You say use the social tools to meet people but when as of now the best way of leveling is getting into a dungeon with full heirlooms and just queing for dungeons over and over is not okay and even new players and starting to use this method because when Blizz nerfed dungeons they did not buff questing. Right now WoW is not okay it's not dead and it wont die WoD has proof that it wont but with the current way they're heading it's not going to get better no matter how bad you want it LFG was the reason WoW wen't down and it's the reason it will continue to go down.
08/08/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Vhalator
08/08/2018 02:06 AMPosted by Denarenden
what makes this different you may ask well first off why are you asking that

People will be asking because your post is all over the place and no one has any idea what the point of it is.

You are not seeing anyone much right now because most people are logging on for the 15-20 mins weekly of timegated content that IS new till BfA drops. Then you will see ALOT more people.

Your server is also 3/4 horde so that isnt helping you see more people.

Forcing new players and other players with heirlooms to take longer to level up will hurt the game at this point because alot of people either just want to lvl another alt to max asap and lots of new gamers cant hold an attention spam of more than 30 seconds.

See, I see what you mean gamers are different but don't you find it weird that even people with heirlooms want to play vanilla more then BFA I love WoW but at it's current state it's not okay you're right about the 3/4 horde I looked a while back and it's 300k alliance 700k horde. But you have to think if you go right now and look at a video of a private server with 5k people or less you're still going to see a lot of more people then live and I do have to say it's about 85 LFG with people like you said having low attention spams and 15 sharding.

All I am trying to say is don't you think it will help the game if it turned back to it's roots or at least did something to make old players enjoy it IF they ever want to come back and try? Because if I am being honest I want the old community back more then this new one it's full of 12 year old let's players and you can tell it's just Blizz is lazy because they've dumbed down everything in WoW except for raids, Ex. every profession in the game, LFG, Questing see the pattern?

It's not that WoW is dying or any of that bull crap it's the Blizzard is not the same and gamers are not the same... And honestly it's sad because WoW is great and I have BFA hoping for a experience that will someday match vanilla but from what I am seeing that will not happen with the current WoW that we have today and I'm sad to say you know it and we all know it. When I said first off why are you asking that the reason I said that is because this game has been alive for almost 14 years and has gone from vanilla back in 2004 to BFA in 2018 and if you look at the numbers they just dropped and it's not because of Blizz it's because the community doesn't know what they want.
You want to remove LFG to promote a better leveling exp

No? When did I say I want to remove LFG?
WoW was an MMO you can go on any private server from vanilla to wrath if you want I really don't mind and still see more players in there then you do in on live it's a problem and if you don't believe it is why did you reply.

Wrong, at least on my server, there are a lot of players on almost every zone.

Wrath players on private servers are only running around Dalaran, Orgrimmar and spamming forge of souls and pit of saron. Same as here but with new content.

Players who want vanilla back are going to get bored after a month. (at least 80% of them)

Making the game faster to level for new players is not the way to go

That's the best way to promote the game. At this point the MMO genre is dead, only wow is staying strong. People don't want to spend all day leveling a first toon from 0-120 and not get bored or lose a lot of time doing it. (times change)
08/08/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Crítikz
WoW was an MMO you can go on any private server from vanilla to wrath if you want I really don't mind and still see more players in there then you do in on live it's a problem and if you don't believe it is why did you reply.

Wrong, at least on my server, there are a lot of players on almost every zone.

Wrath players on private servers are only running around Dalaran, Orgrimmar and spamming forge of souls and pit of saron. Same as here but with new content.

Players who want vanilla back are going to get bored after a month. (at least 80% of them)

Making the game faster to level for new players is not the way to go

That's the best way to promote the game. At this point the MMO genre is dead, only wow is staying strong. People don't want to spend all day leveling a first toon from 0-120 and not get bored or lose a lot of time doing it. (times change)

Well you're saying you see lot's of players in almost every zone when you're horde... and I'm guessing you're looking in horde zones and even in horde zones I have seen no one I don't know if you play in war mode or not but sharding is also a thing which if you don't know is like different servers kinda like one person can be in a different instance then you but be in the same place on the same realm if I go to gold shire right now and keep going in and out at one point I'm going to see 0 people and if I do it again I might see 10-15 people.
Well you're saying you see lot's of players in almost every zone when you're horde... and I'm guessing you're looking in horde zones and even in horde zones I have seen no one I don't know if you play in war mode or not but sharding is also a thing which if you don't know is like different servers kinda like one person can be in a different instance then you but be in the same place on the same realm if I go to gold shire right now and keep going in and out at one point I'm going to see 0 people and if I do it again I might see 10-15 people.

Yeah, i know how war mode works.

Well you're saying you see lot's of players in almost every zone when you're horde...

So what? what's your point here. Want more alliance players so you can see your instance full?

I don't want to be rude but it's a bit difficult to understand what you're trying to say.
I, too, am confused as to what you're trying to communicate. I thought it was to remove LFG / LFD and make people create their own groups for Dungeons. But you state that's not what you intended.

So, it seems like you're just suggesting people create their own groups for chain running dungeons to make them better / faster / smoother for leveling - which I think you can do with the Custom Group tools - but, of course, Dungeons are now not the best way to level. And, you state, making leveling easier is also not the way to go.
08/08/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Neall
I, too, am confused as to what you're trying to communicate. I thought it was to remove LFG / LFD and make people create their own groups for Dungeons. But you state that's not what you intended.

So, it seems like you're just suggesting people create their own groups for chain running dungeons to make them better / faster / smoother for leveling - which I think you can do with the Custom Group tools - but, of course, Dungeons are now not the best way to level. And, you state, making leveling easier is also not the way to go.

You got the first part right I DON'T want to remove LFD at all I want to make it kinda like LFR as in it's a easier version on the normal dungeon system so let's say you want to do a normal dungeon that gives you decent xp decent look you will use the group system or the Pre made group system to find players for your dungeon or to join someones dungeon so the normal dungeon would be harder then the LFD dungeon which would be for new players learning the game.

For the second part no I don't want leveling the be easier I want the xp to go up but I want the difficulty to go up as well so that it will require teamwork. I was leveling a monk a little while ago and my friend came across a quest it was a elite quest which I remember back in vanilla where really hard so I asked my friend if he needed help he then told me seconds later nah he's already dead I asked him what the quest was for and it said to kill 1 boss and it recommended 2 people which is strange.

In the post I did not want to put something because it's not about dungeons it's not that gamers are different or WoW needed a change it's because the level it's way too high they need to lower it so I came up with this push the level back to level 60 and make it harder to level (with the stuff I said above this) but give better loot because if there is one reason I can't level a toon it's because with full heirlooms I may level fast but it just get's boring but when I get a new piece of armor I get happy like I'm gelling stronger so instead of having heirlooms we just have a ring that cost 10k gold and levels you faster while giving you stats but on your way you can get better armor so that you feel happy with yourself.
08/08/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Denarenden
You want to remove LFG to promote a better leveling exp

No? When did I say I want to remove LFG?

I can’t tell wtf you’re saying because you feel like writing a book of rambles each reply.

Make your points in short sentences; you’re no Hemingway.
08/08/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Denarenden
08/08/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Neall

You got the first part right I DON'T want to remove LFD at all I want to make it kinda like LFR as in it's a easier version on the normal dungeon system so let's say you want to do a normal dungeon that gives you decent xp decent look you will use the group system or the Pre made group system to find players for your dungeon or to join someones dungeon so the normal dungeon would be harder then the LFD dungeon which would be for new players learning the game.

For the second part no I don't want leveling the be easier I want the xp to go up but I want the difficulty to go up as well so that it will require teamwork. I was leveling a monk a little while ago and my friend came across a quest it was a elite quest which I remember back in vanilla where really hard so I asked my friend if he needed help he then told me seconds later nah he's already dead I asked him what the quest was for and it said to kill 1 boss and it recommended 2 people which is strange.

In the post I did not want to put something because it's not about dungeons it's not that gamers are different or WoW needed a change it's because the level it's way too high they need to lower it so I came up with this push the level back to level 60 and make it harder to level (with the stuff I said above this) but give better loot because if there is one reason I can't level a toon it's because with full heirlooms I may level fast but it just get's boring but when I get a new piece of armor I get happy like I'm gelling stronger so instead of having heirlooms we just have a ring that cost 10k gold and levels you faster while giving you stats but on your way you can get better armor so that you feel happy with yourself.

Dude your last paragraph doesn’t have a single period.

We might all agree with you, no one knows what you’re talking about.

Use bullet points, say it in 10 words.
08/08/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Ticklebag
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Dude your last paragraph doesn’t have a single period.

We might all agree with you, no one knows what you’re talking about.

Use bullet points, say it in 10 words.

But but but... I thought "you’re no Hemingway." was what you said? Yea, go learn to be less toxic