BFA Dungeon Que....Wha.....?

General Discussion
Is anyone else having issues with the dungeon que on BFA. This has been like this ALLLLLL DAY.
Misha Server.

over an hour long que, on xpac release day....
I'm sorry, my brain just can't wrap itself around this. These are brand new dungeons on the most populated day in months, how is this a thing?
How is the average que time going down, while my time waited is going up, not a single other person in my que party?
Is it just broken, or is this a thing?

https://gyazo.com/a415024536f3af61843e3eeb790246c5
My queues have been instant going in as Bear.
08/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Jerauld

So it is working? Well that answers that part, but even as DPS, with this population is the Tank and healer demand reall THAT BAD on release day?
Most queue as dps. Try something more in demand like tank or heals for better times.
Never mind the fact that there may just not be a lot of people queueing, as well.

A couple of my guildies were doing back to back queues last night, but the vast majority of us were more content with the story and exploration aspects, so we were kinda keyed to our individual choices in starting area. (Props to all the other Alliance I've seen running WM in Drustvar lol -- hopefully you stay that way at cap!)

Obviously, my guild's not a reflection of the population as a whole, but I can't imagine it being only a small number of players that ARE choosing to do their questing and exploration early, with PF part 1 already available and it's requirements known.

Instant queues every time I've poked it. Once I hit 120, I promise I'll tank more. But honestly, most of us Tanks and Healers are busy playing through the zones and only poking the queue when we need it.

Plus you find a lot of Tanks/Healers that refuse to do so until they know the dungeons. Swap over to blood and watch your queue pop quickly.
only did 1 dungeon after finishing voldun for the quest to do said dungeon.

friend qued as tank as we got insta pop. he don't know how to tank that well and 2 dps were not amazing but the dungeon wasn't hard.

2 issues.

1. people are likely questing as DPS/queing dps thus why it is taking so long

2. it is literally faster to level via questing then dungeons the ONLY time you run dungeons is for the quest because they give a decent amount of exp for your trouble i think it gave me about 40k idk though i really didn't pay attention to the exp. it mostly gave me azerite which is what i really wanted about 350.

if not for the fact we couldn't log in for 3.5hours after launch we would of been level 117/118 by now give or take as we went at a decent pace with breaks inbetween about 10-20minutes each.
I'm not touching dungeons until I finish the quests. And even than I'll probably do because I don't like tanking a dungeon that's new to me.
08/14/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Sonovahlich

So it is working? Well that answers that part, but even as DPS, with this population is the Tank and healer demand reall THAT BAD on release day?

It's always bad, generally when a tank or healer finds a regular group they stop using the group finder avoiding the toxic community entirely. Average tanks have threat issues at this time losing threat from DPS is common right now. Being a heroic raid tank, I'm usually on par or above with most average DPS in Guardian spec that require very low heals and I rarely lose threat unless you try really hard.
Haven't had any problems. But, y'know... tank.

The dungeons were quite fun, but the layouts were a bit daunting for someone without any Beta/PTR experience with them. Still, I muddled through, probably pulled more trash than I needed to, but no one died and we killed all the bosses.

Had zero problems with threat or survivability. But we're only doing normal dungeons at the moment. :)
08/14/2018 04:46 AMPosted by Lethidoxi
the ONLY time you run dungeons is for the quest

And, y'know, to get a look at them. :)
1 hour 17 minutes as DPS, its quite obvious what's happening though most people are queuing as DPS
08/14/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Sonovahlich
over an hour long que, on xpac release day....

They broke tanks not many who remember van-bc want to tank anymore.
No point doing dungeons for less xp whilst leveling, now at 120 i will be doing them for better gear but seriously you have a tank spec stop complaining when you choose to make it slow.
I was in queue for an hour and 30 minutes then I dropped and partied up with my healer friend. 4 minute queue.

too many dps lol.
As DPS I had 50min on queue, but got in and done just before server shut down
You know there is an easy solution to your issue. Find a friend playing a healer/tank or find a full group to run with. You know the things socializing and guilds facilitate.
Did 3-4 as DPS, one queue took about 15-20 minutes, the other three ran 45 minutes as I was questing around.
I stayed in q all day yesterday while questing and it popped twice.That is pretty bad to say the least but I know most are questing as dps and probably qing as
I stayed in q all day yesterday while questing and it popped twice.That is pretty bad to say the least but I know most healers are questing as dps and probably qing as.Tanks not so much.Questing is pretty easy as tank too.