Auction House is sooo slow

General Discussion
I think Blizzard needs to limit the amount of single item auctions that 1 character can post. When someone is posting 998 Auctions of 1 piece of linen...I can't think of any reason why someone needs to post more than 10 single items. Right now on my server there are 78 pages of Tidespray linen. Is it just my server or is anyone else having these same issues?
Its every server, its unbearably slow. The single item listings needs to be limited.
I use TSM to autopost my auctions it takes over 30 minutes sometimes to post certain things. It's ridiculous.
I use Auctionator, and it's no better. Just now I was checking on 8 herbs. Each one took a half-minute to come up, because Auctionator needed to go through 10 to 30 pages of each herb.

At least Auctionator summarizes it all on 1 page, so you can easily buy/sell once things come up. But it's still very slow, during the search part.
One day Blizzard will make it big time and we won't have these kind of issues. This has been an ongoing issue for the last year at least.
The auction house is slow. The guild bank is slow. Its slow to click on the fing repair guy. So ya there are definitely problems.
Hey guys! We are aware that some realms are seeing issues with slowness when using the Auction House and are currently investigating making some changes to help alleviate these issues. We’ll post an update as soon as we have more information to share.
08/20/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
Hey guys! We are aware that some realms are seeing issues with slowness when using the Auction House and are currently investigating making some changes to help alleviate these issues. We’ll post an update as soon as we have more information to share.

Great. thank you.

Is this a new issue? I mean I know it's worse now but it isn't like it was fast before. It legitimately just seems worse because of the sheer number of bots posting dozens of pages of 1 stack items now bogging everything down. I think it's like 15 seconds or longer to be able to flip through pages.

The guild bank and auction house has had this issue for well over a year.
08/20/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Zones

Is this a new issue? I mean I know it's worse now but it isn't like it was fast before. It legitimately just seems worse because of the sheer number of bots posting dozens of pages of 1 stack items now bogging everything down. I think it's like 15 seconds or longer to be able to flip through pages.

Legitimate bots will get caught and suspended. However you might be surprised how many humans are actively playing their character sitting in front of the AH.
08/20/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Talaen

The guild bank and auction house has had this issue for well over a year.

It took Blizzard that long to come to the conclusion that something was wrong. Give them at least another year to figure out how to fix it.
08/20/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Furiousboom
08/20/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Zones

Legitimate bots will get caught and suspended. However you might be surprised how many humans are actively playing their character sitting in front of the AH.

Yeah, there are heaps.

I dont understand it to be honest. The people who generally do this are people that already have mountains of gold, and spend more time playing the AH and/or farming than they do actually playing the other aspects of the game.

I have never been one to spend much time making gold. I have about half a million across a few toons, and i would much rather spend time playing the game and progressing my toons than just making gold
Can you also pass along to look into Guild Banks / Vendors also? It's just as bad. Same issue with vendors and such, takes awhile to repair, takes awhile to pull anything out of a guild bank, along with the auction house issue and taking forever to post anything on it.
Even if it wasn't slow the people who post 1000 of an item 1 at a time should be removed from the game and perma banned......just saying
08/20/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Friskyrum
Can you also pass along to look into Guild Banks / Vendors also? It's just as bad. Same issue with vendors and such, takes awhile to repair, takes awhile to pull anything out of a guild bank, along with the auction house issue and taking forever to post anything on it.
They are aware, there is a fairly large thread about it over in tech support. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760807309?page=14#post-270
08/20/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Frostynub
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah, there are heaps.

I dont understand it to be honest. The people who generally do this are people that already have mountains of gold, and spend more time playing the AH and/or farming than they do actually playing the other aspects of the game.

I have never been one to spend much time making gold. I have about half a million across a few toons, and i would much rather spend time playing the game and progressing my toons than just making gold

A lot of people simply play wow for the gold making/AH side of it, hitting gold cap on a character could be the same as downing a raid for a raider, or completing a high mythic key for a m+ runner.

I'm just now getting into the gold game and the strategy behind it for serious gold gains really is as complicated as being a high end player in the other parts of the game.
The problem is being amplified now because it's the beginning of a new expansion. It's the same issue that's been around for a while, but with the amount of extra people now doing it, it's even worse.
Just limit people to no more than, say, 50 auctions at one time. You'll end the THOUSANDS of 1-item auctions from people and increase the function of the AH for EVERYONE. Why is this not a thing?
08/20/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Mythox
08/20/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Friskyrum
... Can you also pass along to look into Guild Banks / Vendors also? It's just as bad. Same issue with vendors and such, takes awhile to repair, takes awhile to pull anything out of a guild bank, along with the auction house issue and taking forever to post anything on it.
They are aware, there is a fairly large thread about it over in tech support. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760807309?page=14#post-270
Ah cool, thanks.