ENOUGH! Stop the QQ about allied races

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
You are not entitled to allied races. Since you seem to fail on understanding why, maybe going step by step would help you finally realized you aren't right

When you look at BfA page on Blizzard's store you would find this

Allied Races
Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

In bold, that means when you pay $50 you can BEGIN your QUEST to unlock allied races

What does begin mean?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/begin

to set about the activity of

That means when buying BfA you can finally start on how to unlock them!

Let's use void elf for example

So you log in, you are like, "I bought BfA, how do I get my void elf?"

You then alt tab, you open up your web browser and type in Google, "How to unlock void elf allied race"

Then you hit enter

What is the first result?

https://www.wowhead.com/void-elf-allied-race

WOW!

So now you click that link and you read up on how to unlock allied race. You then find this achievement

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12450/allied-races-void-elf-hidden-character-achievement

Oh man!

Now you find out on how to unlock it! So you hit the back button and read up on the prerequisites on that achievement!

What does it show?

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12066

This means you gotta go to Argus and quest there! Amazing!

What's the other?

Exalted with Argussian Reach may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation through World and Emissary quests. Reference the Argussian Reach Reputation Guide for details on which Argus zone quests provide reputation.

WOW, it even explains on what you need to do to be exalted!

So now you gotta work on it!

Then when you finally finish the prerequisites, then you can start your QUEST, just like what it says in bold above!

WOW! This is how you unlock void elf allied race!

"I didn't pay $50 to work on old content! It's my money and I demand to have it! This isn't fair!"

Actually, it is

When you checkout for BfA, you get this right at the end before hitting the payment button

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/2173e4b7-3d3c-4c92-96e0-96b332d36eff/terms-of-sale

YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT.

This means you understand on what to expect on ALL content that comes with World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Now If this hurts your feelings then you have a right to get your $50 back.

Or an alternative, you don't do it! Allied races are optional! You can pay $50 to have access to any content in BFA but that doesn't mean someone is holding a gun to your head to do it or else!

Is it time consuming? Yes it is that's your negative.

There's no "I'm entitled to my allied races"

The only one is wrong is the ones who think they get allied races instantly
No
Complaining about complaining...... Never gets old.
tldr;

OP is salty, just like the rest of this forum.
This is it, the thread that will stop complaints. You did it!
Paying players are entitled, actually...to make their opinions and wishes known. You have no right to demand an end to the feedback Blizzard says they welcome, so if you don't want to read or participate in these discussions...don't. Buh-bye.
you can nitpick little details and belittle everyone with fancy definitions and we will all just look at you.

this is not a "feature" if you have to treat it as a part time job.
I was actually surprised I had to que for a dungeon to get loot from bosses.

BAIT AND SWITCH!

THIS GAME ISN'T FAIR!
But you forgot to include the part where they require you to have a level 110 character you even unlock the rep let alone farm it.
No, thanks. I'll keep pointing out how much of a money grab design, and a cheap one, this is.

Btw, sorry you wrote all of that, didn't read after the first line.
08/21/2018 10:52 AMPosted by You
You are not entitled to allied races. Since you seem to fail on understanding why, maybe going step by step would help you finally realized you aren't right

When you look at BfA page on Blizzard's store you would find this

Nobody really cares about your QQ of players QQ'ing-- Hell they don't care about my QQ about your QQ..

So the QQ's will continue!
Too much time on your hands
08/21/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Cindariel

Complaining about complaining about complaining.....Never gets old.
These "Enough!" posts are very effective and have proven to bring about positive change.
08/21/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Nazjira
No, thanks. I'll keep pointing out how much of a money grab design, and a cheap one, this is.

Btw, sorry you wrote all of that, didn't read after the first line.

Money grab for uhhh race changing? Or?
It isn't that I wasn't aware of how the allied races were locked behind reputation.

It was more that, in order to unlock a race today, I have to literally go back and play a previous expansion for a few days for about a month or so in order to unlock a race.

For the sake of comparison, imagine if in order to play a Blood Elf that you had to reach revered with the Shattered Sun Offensive.
Is it easy to do? Yes.
But you can't get it right away. It is the definition of a time gate locked behind a previous expansion.
08/21/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Lydinie
08/21/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Cindariel

Complaining about complaining about complaining.....Never gets old.
Complaining about complaining about complaining about complaining...... Never gets old.
08/21/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Meurso
These "Enough!" posts are very effective and have proven to bring about positive change.

IKR-- It's like suddenly everyone wants to hang and obey every word that comes out of his mouth. Like.. He's some sort of Forum Savior..........

He's not the hero we wanted, but he believe he's the hero we need.
Allied races are fine the way they are. Move along.
08/21/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Ironmonklee
But you forgot to include the part where they require you to have a level 110 character you even unlock the rep let alone farm it.

BfA comes with a level 110 boost...