ENOUGH! Stop the QQ about allied races

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next

Yes while neglecting entirely the content of the expansion you paid for that contains the main feature.

Quite literally everything on the product purchase page as features you can do via the current BFA content except for those 4 allied races they advertise to you as BFA content .
They didn’t tell me I had to go to silithus to gain access to the BFA quests. That’s old content. Expansions add content throughout the game, it isn’t their fault people have misconceptions on what an expansion is. You bought access to features, zones, and stories. They can be implemented anywhere.

You go to Silithus to do a quest that leads you directly into BFA content .

You go back to Legion to grind rep for 4 races that have no relevance to the BFA content nor send you to BFA content for anything in their quest chains yet are advertised to you as a BFA major feature .

You clearly cannot see the point like many others do (not talking about people whining over grinding , the ones who see the flaw in the advertising) so enjoy :)

Yes while neglecting entirely the content of the expansion you paid for that contains the main feature.

Quite literally everything on the product purchase page as features you can do via the current BFA content except for those 4 allied races they advertise to you as BFA content .
They didn’t tell me I had to go to silithus to gain access to the BFA quests. That’s old content. Expansions add content throughout the game, it isn’t their fault people have misconceptions on what an expansion is. You bought access to features, zones, and stories. They can be implemented anywhere.
lol wut.
Enough! Stop with the QQ about the QQ about allied races!
08/21/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Aennicus
Great, thanks for your contribution. You may proceed back to the high horse of grinding at your leisure.

And don't worry, people think you're very cool.

Thanks, I was really worried about that. Now I can feel good about myself today.
08/21/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Velkiir
08/21/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Bishop
As a loooong time customer who has given hundreds if not thousands of dollars to blizzard over the past decade to play this game I get really annoyed when people call paying customers “entitled”. Well yeah we spend a lot of time and money to play this game. You’d think blizzard would do something a little more customer friendly from time to time

You have what you paid for. There's a game for you to play.

Play it or don't.

Ever heard of customer feedback? Why the hell do you think these forums exist? This is my feedback. If its just a matter of shut up and take what we give you or leave then shut this place down. In the future I would hope blizzard will not go this route again. We are going to play WoW anyway and play a ton of it. No need for all the hoops to jump through.
08/21/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Cindariel
... They didn’t tell me I had to go to silithus to gain access to the BFA quests. That’s old content. Expansions add content throughout the game, it isn’t their fault people have misconceptions on what an expansion is. You bought access to features, zones, and stories. They can be implemented anywhere.
lol wut.

The point is developers don’t see expansions the way you do. In MMO’s they often explain that when an expansion launches the entire game is the current expansion as of that time. You pay to access new features. They don’t see content as old or irrelevant.
Allied races is the most deceptive dishonest feature of any of blizz's expansions. Theyre not even new races, mostly just reskins of current races and yet they have 10 times the time requirement of any prior expansion's new classes or races which for the most part were available immediately. Its mind boggling why they did this.

And no this is not "begin your quest" type unlock. Its begin your dozens of hours of grind unlock for them.
No. You're not the boss of me.
tldr; If you (nice name btw) don't like allied races you can turn them off.
08/21/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Kzi
You go to Silithus to do a quest that leads you directly into BFA content .You go back to Legion to grind rep for 4 races that have no relevance to the BFA content nor send you to BFA content for anything in their quest chains yet are advertised to you as a BFA major feature .

that part is also in the timeline continuum of BFA. If fluid to the expansion.

The really odd thing about legion grind is....we go back in time.

call to arms leads off with anduin saying so we defeated the legion but now we have this problem. go recruit the void elves champion.

How do I do this Anduin.

Duh....you travel back in time to when the legion was still here and grind there.

Anduin...umm....if I going back in time why I don't go back a bit further. I'll let you pick.

I can ice Arthus and none of this happens.
I can ice Sylvanas when still a normal living high elf.
Or just to be sure....I can ice them both.

If we must time travel, lets do it proper man....
08/21/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Bishop
08/21/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Velkiir

You have what you paid for. There's a game for you to play.

Play it or don't.

Ever heard of customer feedback? Why the hell do you think these forums exist? This is my feedback. If its just a matter of shut up and take what we give you or leave then shut this place down. In the future I would hope blizzard will not go this route again. We are going to play WoW anyway and play a ton of it. No need for all the hoops to jump through.

Let's talk about customer feedback shall we? We've only had feedback over a decade old where players wanted more to do with factions and allies after they worked all that way to exalted with them. Been threads since BC and Wrath. If you also did a bit of searching on the forums before commenting, you'd see player feedback discussing customization options to races like brown orcs and such and how the player base wanted to unlock these features doing in game tasks instead of a paywall.

This is the end result of player feedback. You can find it on the forums all over the place. People wanted to play the game, not pay to wave their hands and get around it. The overwhelming consensus is people want unlockables for actually playing the game. Crazy right?
It does say quest, not "rep grind" tho. The quest is the fun part.

And yes there is a free 110 boost but you need to level to 110 on the other faction to get the other allied race so you can do the quests and then reroll again and re-level to 110 to finally start doing the BFA content with that character.
Calm down there little guy.
08/21/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Felsavior
Enough! Stop with the QQ about the QQ about allied races!

QQ's shall not be stopped!
08/21/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Pasis
This is it, the thread that will stop complaints. You did it!

I chuckled.
you can nitpick little details and belittle everyone with fancy definitions and we will all just look at you. And laugh.

this is not a "feature" if you have to treat it as a part time job.

FTFY
08/21/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Nick
Let's talk about customer feedback shall we? We've only had feedback over a decade old where players wanted more to do with factions and allies after they worked all that way to exalted with them. Been threads since BC and Wrath. If you also did a bit of searching on the forums before commenting, you'd see player feedback discussing customization options to races like brown orcs and such and how the player base wanted to unlock these features doing in game tasks instead of a paywall.

This is the end result of player feedback. You can find it on the forums all over the place. People wanted to play the game, not pay to wave their hands and get around it. The overwhelming consensus is people want unlockables for actually playing the game. Crazy right?

So "players" demanded that Allied races be created gated by old content grinding of irrelevant world quests. ROTFLMAO.
I agree with you, OP
08/21/2018 10:52 AMPosted by You
You are not entitled to allied races. Since you seem to fail on understanding why, maybe going step by step would help you finally realized you aren't right

Sure, sure. How about we slap a rep grind on Blood Elves, Draenei, Worgen and Goblins and call it even?
1. They were a major part of advertising for the expansion.
2. Blizzard has never gated a race behind a paywall and a playwall.

I think these people are right to complain and yes, I have the achievements