ENOUGH! Stop the QQ about allied races

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Anduin? Is that you?
While looking through my new inscription stuff on an alt I came across contracts and went "Why no add these for the Allied race reps in Legion." For those who do not know inscription makes an item which grants you rep for world quests done on Kul'Tiras and Zandalar.
08/21/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Spellchaser
08/21/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Nick
Let's talk about customer feedback shall we? We've only had feedback over a decade old where players wanted more to do with factions and allies after they worked all that way to exalted with them. Been threads since BC and Wrath. If you also did a bit of searching on the forums before commenting, you'd see player feedback discussing customization options to races like brown orcs and such and how the player base wanted to unlock these features doing in game tasks instead of a paywall.

This is the end result of player feedback. You can find it on the forums all over the place. People wanted to play the game, not pay to wave their hands and get around it. The overwhelming consensus is people want unlockables for actually playing the game. Crazy right?

So "players" demanded that Allied races be created gated by old content grinding of irrelevant world quests. ROTFLMAO.

Blizzard made them allied races. So let me ask you this then, if Blizzard merely added Dark Iron skins, Mag'har skins, Nightborne and such to already existing racial creation screens would you care they were unlockables using the same system we have now?

Because yes, the community did cry out for more options that we unlocked playing the game. You just seem to be complaining they have their own racial creation screen on the menu instead of "Choose this skin color" or "Choose this hair style" option on already existed races that would have used the unlock system we have now.
08/21/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Nick
08/21/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Spellchaser
So "players" demanded that Allied races be created gated by old content grinding of irrelevant world quests. ROTFLMAO.

Blizzard made them allied races. So let me ask you this then, if Blizzard merely added Dark Iron skins, Mag'har skins, Nightborne and such to already existing racial creation screens would you care they were unlockables using the same system we have now?

Because yes, the community did cry out for more options that we unlocked playing the game. You just seem to be complaining they have their own racial creation screen on the menu instead of "Choose this skin color" or "Choose this hair style" option on already existed races that would have used the unlock system we have now.

You are the one complaining here. Players demanded nothing of the sort.

Allied races were created to exploit player desire for more cosmetic options in the game, and introduced at the end of the expansion to drive more gameplay time through increased leveling and grinding time. Not coincidentally this dovetails nicely with the introduction of level scaling and removal of most leveling options that were previously in the game, greatly inflating the time needed to level that throwaway character you are pretending that players demanded.

Making up strawmen to shoot down does not improve your credibility.

Clearly you were one of the ones who responded positively rather than negatively to the blatant manipulation aspect. I myself was turned off by it.

Previously rolling new races required watching a cinematic. The carefully worded legalese disclaimer does in no way even suggest the enormity of the task for a new player or one returning without characters near max. In fact, it is intended to make people think that they have all the information they need, so they won't dig too deep before spending their money.
The entire purpose of a forum, created by a company for their product, is to give feedback on said company's product.

I am giving Blizzard feedback. My feedback is this:

"The way Allied Races works is stupid and sucks. Make it less stupid and suck-y. I should not have to grind for ages so I can make a Lava-Dwarf, and then level said Lava-Dwarf to 120 to and re-do literally everything over again, including the other reputations (Lava-Dwarf reputation included, of course.) I should also not have to grind to make my Dwarf a Lava-Dwarf, if I wish to skip the 're-do literally everything' step, thereby voiding the Lava-Dwarf exclusive armourset."
08/21/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Nick
08/21/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Bishop

Ever heard of customer feedback? Why the hell do you think these forums exist? This is my feedback. If its just a matter of shut up and take what we give you or leave then shut this place down. In the future I would hope blizzard will not go this route again. We are going to play WoW anyway and play a ton of it. No need for all the hoops to jump through.

Let's talk about customer feedback shall we? We've only had feedback over a decade old where players wanted more to do with factions and allies after they worked all that way to exalted with them. Been threads since BC and Wrath. If you also did a bit of searching on the forums before commenting, you'd see player feedback discussing customization options to races like brown orcs and such and how the player base wanted to unlock these features doing in game tasks instead of a paywall.

This is the end result of player feedback. You can find it on the forums all over the place. People wanted to play the game, not pay to wave their hands and get around it. The overwhelming consensus is people want unlockables for actually playing the game. Crazy right?

wth does this gotta do with my own feedback on all of this being unnecessary? They could have launched the new races the same way they did pandarians, bloodelves, etc. You aren't really making any points here
If ppl wanna qq.. then they can qq.

If it offends you so awfully and causes you so much trauma... then dont read their post??
08/21/2018 10:52 AMPosted by You
You are not entitled to allied races. Since you seem to fail on understanding why, maybe going step by step would help you finally realized you aren't right

When you look at BfA page on Blizzard's store you would find this

Allied Races
Purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races. Heroes of the Horde can enlist the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne, and champions of the Alliance can add the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves to their ranks.

In bold, that means when you pay $50 you can BEGIN your QUEST to unlock allied races

What does begin mean?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/begin

to set about the activity of

That means when buying BfA you can finally start on how to unlock them!

Let's use void elf for example

So you log in, you are like, "I bought BfA, how do I get my void elf?"

You then alt tab, you open up your web browser and type in Google, "How to unlock void elf allied race"

Then you hit enter

What is the first result?

https://www.wowhead.com/void-elf-allied-race

WOW!

So now you click that link and you read up on how to unlock allied race. You then find this achievement

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12450/allied-races-void-elf-hidden-character-achievement

Oh man!

Now you find out on how to unlock it! So you hit the back button and read up on the prerequisites on that achievement!

What does it show?

https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12066

This means you gotta go to Argus and quest there! Amazing!

What's the other?

Exalted with Argussian Reach may take several weeks to obtain, as you can only earn a limited amount of reputation through World and Emissary quests. Reference the Argussian Reach Reputation Guide for details on which Argus zone quests provide reputation.

WOW, it even explains on what you need to do to be exalted!

So now you gotta work on it!

Then when you finally finish the prerequisites, then you can start your QUEST, just like what it says in bold above!

WOW! This is how you unlock void elf allied race!

"I didn't pay $50 to work on old content! It's my money and I demand to have it! This isn't fair!"

Actually, it is

When you checkout for BfA, you get this right at the end before hitting the payment button

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/2173e4b7-3d3c-4c92-96e0-96b332d36eff/terms-of-sale

YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE SUPPLY OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND THE PERFORMANCE OF BLIZZARD’S SERVICES BEGINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS SENT.

This means you understand on what to expect on ALL content that comes with World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Now If this hurts your feelings then you have a right to get your $50 back.

Or an alternative, you don't do it! Allied races are optional! You can pay $50 to have access to any content in BFA but that doesn't mean someone is holding a gun to your head to do it or else!

Is it time consuming? Yes it is that's your negative.

There's no "I'm entitled to my allied races"

The only one is wrong is the ones who think they get allied races instantly

QQ
08/21/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Spellchaser
08/21/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Nick

You are the one complaining here. Players demanded nothing of the sort.

Allied races were created to exploit player desire for more cosmetic options in the game, and introduced at the end of the expansion to drive more gameplay time through increased leveling and grinding time. Not coincidentally this dovetails nicely with the introduction of level scaling and removal of most leveling options that were previously in the game, greatly inflating the time needed to level that throwaway character you are pretending that players demanded.

Making up strawmen to shoot down does not improve your credibility.

Clearly you were one of the ones who responded positively rather than negatively to the blatant manipulation aspect. I myself was turned off by it.

Previously rolling new races required watching a cinematic. The carefully worded legalese disclaimer does in no way even suggest the enormity of the task for a new player or one returning without characters near max. In fact, it is intended to make people think that they have all the information they need, so they won't dig too deep before spending their money.

Very well said.
08/21/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Duskraven
If ppl wanna qq.. then they can qq.

If it offends you so awfully and causes you so much trauma... then dont read their post??

Doesn't offend me, seeing 8+ threads on why it should be given free/put retroactive rep on TBC/Cataclysm races? Some people need to learn