ITT: People rudely defend Blizz's allied race rep grind.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
08/26/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Annarchae
I want to play BFA content but I'm stuck doing Legion !@#$ to unlock a race I want to play. In part because they decided to give void elves nice racials as they also nerf blood elf racials. So I'm having to run through old stuff grinding reputation instead of being able to just experience BFA. Not to mention once I also have to level an ally character.

+1

SAY IT LOUDER ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK
08/26/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Felonious
08/26/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Neghrar

The reward was early access. Early access is no long obtainable. Mounts don't have racials. If it was simply "look at my cool skin that's no different from that one but looks neat" how would they make it a selling point of an expansion and market it everywhere? They didn't use the dinosaur bird thing that you have to do a daily every day for a months before it turns into a flying mount as a big selling point. If races and mounts were the comparable that would have been plastered everywhere and sold the game for everyone on horde side. But it wasn't, you'd almost think the 2 were apples and oranges.

It wasn't a selling point for an expansion, it was a perk for pre-ordering. It was something do while waiting for the expansion to drop. It was relevant when it was released, and if you want the Allied Races associated with Legion content, you need to do Legion content. Also Racials, really? That's what everyone is crying about now? Please.

Unlocking them early was a perk of preording. But if you're going to try and say that they were not a selling point for the expansion then I don't even know what to say really. Did you see even a single ad? Also, if the races were a perk for preordering then people who didn't preorder wouldn't have access to them.

lol@ acting like they don't matter. If racials didn't matter Blizz would hardly sell race changes. And we all know you totally didn't pick Orc for that sweet sweet racial CD. Nobody would ever pick orc for that. Nope. Like, I don't even know why they bothered to nerf Humans double pvp trinket ability, cause racials just don't matter and people weren't feeling pressured into race changing to be competitive in arena. Not at all. Stuff like that is exactly the same as whether you ride in on a raptor or a horse. That makes no impact on anything ever. El oh El.
I want to play BFA content but I'm stuck doing Legion !@#$ to unlock a race I want to play. In part because they decided to give void elves nice racials as they also nerf blood elf racials. So I'm having to run through old stuff grinding reputation instead of being able to just experience BFA. Not to mention once I also have to level an ally character.

I agree with you. The way this current team treats customers make me sick, and the current system for allied races is abhorrent. Allied raced should NOT be locked behind irrelevant rep grinds. This whole fiasco is high on the list of reasons why I will quit wow, I will never recommend wow to anyone, and in fact I will warn people that the game is NOT customer friendly so unless you like to pay for abuse you're better off not going near the game.
08/26/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Eregar
People who want rewards for playing the game, by not playing the game. Just stop whinging and unlock them.

Thing is its not playing the game to some.

I did some BFA work. dinged 120 on a char. Just have quest gear, no good stuff yet.

And then made sunday start void elf day on the 120 alliance DH. Either I will WQ in bfa when motivated with current ilevel issues or see if adjusted in patches to come. Not sure yet, all I know is 120 hit and ilevel said if you thought 119 was fun, you don't know what fun is. lemme show you. WQ and dungeon cycle fixes that I know...that's another grind. I may choose allied grind more for the elves. I like elves lol.

Roll stomp happened in legion. As vengeance...tank godly and dps quite good now. this is not intriguing mechanics.

Issue seen not even in 340 ilevel mythic setup is 120's really don't belong in legion. But there we are regardless.

Its not a game...its a massacre. I feel bad doing this but...I have no choice. with rep a thing now, may as well have the one char per side made the rep master.

About the only upside to this is we help lower end people out. I am nice. I see the "boss" npc, let the sub 110's get some hits in as I watch them and then walk in and just lay them the hell out.
08/26/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Kagehãto
yet you need to buy BFA to access legion content. 2018, the year corporate slaves defend grind.

A: Do the grind before purchasing BfA to finish unlocking the allied races.

B: Buy BfA and stop complaining that you have to do things in order to be rewarded.

C: Flail uselessly on the forums for the next two years before Blizzard might finally decide to change things.
I want to play BFA content but I'm stuck doing Legion !@#$ to unlock a race I want to play.

They probably should have nerfed the requirements once BFA launched.

Actually, they should have.
BLIZZARD!

I can't play this game while at work because I work in a factory, make the game more accessible to everyone and give me everything for free because I'm entitled to it!

Thanks! XD XD LOL
08/26/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Chanel
08/26/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Vaeana
Good news!

You don't need any of the Allied Races to play the BFA content!

Go get em tiger!

Darling, Allied races are part of the content, a part they had in all their ads.......learn what content is tiger!!
Requiring exalted rep for the first four allied races is a bit excessive at this point. Completing the zone/storyline achievements, with raid and dungeon requirements removed, should be enough to unlock them.
08/26/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Maldazzar
I’d at least remove the time gating from Legion rep grinds. Let players work at their own pace instead of “you can only earn this much each day, and if you miss a day you’re screwed.”

Then you will have people clear it within a week then complain that they are bored.
08/27/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Roxxùs
08/26/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Maldazzar
I’d at least remove the time gating from Legion rep grinds. Let players work at their own pace instead of “you can only earn this much each day, and if you miss a day you’re screwed.”

Then you will have people clear it within a week then complain that they are bored.

But they won't be bored because they will be leveling their allied race rather than doing the massive exploit that was discovered
Good news!

Go get em tiger!

Then don't advertise it as BFA content.
08/26/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Durzy
We can make this simple for you.
It was a legion reward.
Awarded for doing legion content.
Why are you entitled to the reward without doing the work everyone else did? Sorry you didn’t play or do that content then. That is no one else’s problem but yours.
i'm entitled because I paid for the expansion, Idiot.
I'm not effected by this, but I feel sure in the future they will not do this again. It is the most backwards thinking I've seen in some time.

What I like least about it is my concern that it is to "protect" those who worked for it in Legion. This is not an achievement, or a mount - this is a player's AVATAR - how they represent themselves in the virtual world.

Never bind access to AVATARs to past content. No one wrings their hands and tries to figure out how to go back to 1925 to have a child. >.< (okay, I'm sure now that I've typed that, there are couples somewhere on earth that have wished for that exact thing...)
Good news!

Go get em tiger!

It's even optional to play the game at all. Which, looking at your armory, you actually haven't played at all since the time you posted.
I've unlocked all the races now. And I personally feel the legions ones shouldn't be locked anymore. Simply due to the fact that thier parts of the story now. If they haven't been unlock by certain people why are they parts of the story. Thier no longer allied races thier main races now. If someone hasn't unlocked nightborne they shouldn't see nightborne NPCs or have access to the portals. But they do which means that race is part of the faction already regardless of if you grinded them into allies or not.

Yes during legion it made sense, they were an early access bonus to those of us that bought it early. The grind on the new races is fine. It gives us something to work towards. But to have the legion races still locked even tho some are major parts of the faction/story is just dumb.
I think its fine to have rep grind for basicly tmog content.

But it is annoying when ALL the new allied races are behind rep wall/patch wall. People are expecting new AVAILABLE content NOW when they join a new expansion. Zandalari/Kul'tiras shouldve been available from the start, either that or new class, woudlve been nice to see faction specific classes again with bfa and that whole Horde vs Alliance concept. Shadowhunters for Horde and tidesage or something for the Alliance (don't really know what Alliance could get else).
The rep and the armor don't go hand in hand. They are 2 different things. As someone who did both, I wouldn't care if they made it easier to unlock them it's no skin off my back. You can use a boost on the allied races and you can even race change. Just hope you do realize there are more rep locked races in BFA you are going to have to grind for, so get yourself prepared now.

Heritage armor, that's a whole nother story. You can work for that just like everyone else did. I know people that rerolled 4 new toons just for that armor and worked their butts off. I have done 2 so far and this new leveling system is just, meh. You should have to work for the armor. Period.

Call me rude all you want but leveling is a time dump and doing it 2 times let alone 4?