Sick of the Politically Correct Agenda in WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 23 Next
I really hope this is a troll post.

The sheer level of I don't even
08/28/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Edmonor
The U.S. is now a largely feminist/SJW society, videogames used to be one of the last bastions of guys being able to be guys but now even in one of the few hobbys that guys enjoy together we will now be forced to have woman lead characters and the men being absolute morons.

Or in the U.S. a common phrase on liberal college campuses is "mansplaining" it's basically used to disqualify anything a male says for them being males.

It's also become commonplace to deny biological differences between men and women, liberals call gender differences a "social construct".

Once again not making this stuff up, this is all mainstream now adays and it will only get worse.

Just about everything you said you made up. You sound like a Fox News broken record stuck repeating the same catch phrases.

I made up mansplaining and gender is a social construct? LOL, you have a thing called google, USE IT BUDDY.
08/28/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Magerleague
However...I am sick with the whole "PC" let's have Powerful women and labor slave men that is swarming across the game alongside the addition of all these furry animals...like come on.

Did you complain about the misogynist agenda in the all the previous expansions and Vanilla?

I didn't think so.

Stop looking for things through a filter of your own choosing and get a grip on reality.
08/28/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Jheric
08/28/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Healiosity
It's funny how people conveniently forget about the whole Ghostbusters reboot debacle. Absolute failure because of pandering to the left. Get woke, go broke.

You mean as compared to the staggeringly successful reboots of other 80s movies, such as Robocop, and Total Recall?
Hey the terminator reboots have been all right...… oops I spoke too soon its all female now and it has a LGBT-1000. Want to place bets on whether it flops or not?
08/28/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Motors
08/28/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Magerleague
However...I am sick with the whole "PC" let's have Powerful women and labor slave men that is swarming across the game alongside the addition of all these furry animals...like come on.

Did you complain about the misogynist agenda in the all the previous expansions and Vanilla?

I didn't think so.

Stop looking for things through a filter of your own choosing and get a grip on reality.

Did you watch E3? Because I did and everything OP is talking about was shown at E3. Women were the lead characters in basically every game, even one game forget the name but it looked like a ww2 game where the woman kills 20 guys easily by herself and shes unarmed. Lol.

Everyone can see the agenda but you.
Need more sandwiches.
08/28/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou

I didn't think so.

Did you watch E3? Because I did and everything OP is talking about was shown at E3. Women were the lead characters in basically every game, even one game forget the name but it looked like a ww2 game where the woman kills 20 guys easily by herself and shes unarmed. Lol.

The only agenda is MONEY. That's why video games were dominated by Male characters for so long. Game companies just didn't believe a game prominently featuring a woman/women would sell.

The only "stupid" man presented in the game so far has been Saurfang.
Anyone in this thread smoke felweed?

I didn't think so.

Good to know you took E3 and applied it to this game.

You are seeing what you want to see, nothing more. Or were you the guy complaining about the misogynist agenda in all the previous expansions and vanilla?

Oh wait, i mean were you the guy complaining about the misogynist agenda at all the previous E3's and all games for the last 40 years?

Yea i didn't think so, get a grip on reality. Also, news flash, hot women or women in general leading things is nothing new AND it sells, guess what...guys like women characters or hadn't you noticed small characters like Lara Croft and Sara Kerrigan.

It will be ok Beta guy, there will be some masculinity left for you to look at and enjoy, i promise you. Even behind your computer screen you will still be able to pretend you are a strong male lead.
Tracer's butt still offends me.
08/28/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Dreamspitter
08/28/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Catbuyer
Trying to advance agendas of any kind though entertainment typically just makes the said entertainment suck.

In stories, the plot and character progressions can’t flow naturally anymore due to the need to promote the “party line” - it’s quite Orwellian if you think about it.

The results are not much different from communist propaganda films of old - preachy and manipulative.

If one were to write say......a social commentary. Is it automatically advancing an "agenda"? is it political? And can a book, film , or game do that competently?

That said, I don't think WoW is going down that route.
Social commentary comments on how society is. It reports on the state of affairs, not tried to direct it.
Sometimes I wonder how you people function IRL.
08/28/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Igyfarmyou

I made up mansplaining and gender is a social construct? LOL, you have a thing called google, USE IT BUDDY.

What's weird isn't the existence of the terms, but your insistence on twisting them into some hostile affront to you, personally.
08/28/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Dreamspitter
I'm actually interested in where different parts of the game fit on this "spectrum"

::thinking emoji::

goblins, there's even an alliance quest called "the void solution" to deal with some of them. the forsaken wanted to put them in charge of the zandalar banks when the horde arrived...

there's some other stuff too. it's funny, in a dark way.
08/28/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Farajah

The only agenda is MONEY. That's why video games were dominated by Male characters for so long. Game companies just didn't believe a game prominently featuring a woman/women would sell.

The only "stupid" man presented in the game so far has been Saurfang.
He's not even stupid. He's quite obviously been set up to be the main good guy.
08/28/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Jheric
08/28/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Healiosity
It's funny how people conveniently forget about the whole Ghostbusters reboot debacle. Absolute failure because of pandering to the left. Get woke, go broke.

You mean as compared to the staggeringly successful reboots of other 80s movies, such as Robocop, and Total Recall?

Problem is a NEW product identity is a HUGE RISK.

With countless millions at stake to make a movie, people don't want to risk money. So they play it safe with a known intellectual property. Also...nostalgia.

So it's an era of sequels and reboots. :/ Many arent good.

Bright side is internationally even a dumpster fire blockbuster can make money in China as other films have demonstrated. So they keep making them.
08/29/2018 12:11 AMPosted by Dreamspitter
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Problem is a NEW product identity is a HUGE RISK.

With countless millions at stake to make a movie, people don't want to risk money. So they play it safe with a known intellectual property. Also...nostalgia.

So it's an era of sequels and reboots. :/ Many arent good.

Bright side is internationally even a dumpster fire blockbuster can make money in China as other films have demonstrated. So they keep making them.

The big issue with most reboots is that most writers and directors aren't actually interested in making a new installment in the franchise they are working on, they just want to make their own movie and slap an established title on it to sell more tickets.

The few that actually have been successful, such as Jurassic World and Star Trek '09, have stayed faithful to the originals and / or maintained prior Canon in some way (JW was both a sequel and a reboot, while ST was a reboot in an alternate universe).
I can hear the M'Lady from here.
sick of entitled teenagers complaining about equality.