Mythic Dungeons and Dungeon Finder...

General Discussion
I'm sure it has been mentioned many many times before, but to Blizz who may be reading these forums. FOR THE LOVE OF THE LIGHT PLEASE MOVE MYTHICS TO DUNGEON FINDER!. I have absolutely zero issues against mythic dungeons, they sound fun, great, and rewarding. My issue comes in to play when I have to open up premade groups, search for a group, request to join, and then wait only to get turned down for any number of reasons among which are NOT item level related... Normal dungeons and Heroics are in the dungeon finder, why not mythics?

You can still have an attunement requirement to queue, they should be in dungeon finder with the other two difficulties. Sometimes I don't want to play, spreadsheet online to find a group, I just want to click "Find Group" and be done with it. I challenge Blizz to provide a solitary reason/logical explanation as to why they are not in the dungeon finder. Before you say so, no...git gud doesn't count as rational/logical, surely I am not the only one who agrees with moving this restriction around.
sucks to be you then
No reason they couldnt or shouldn't

Especially since M+ is now a thing
Form and lead your own group.
Problem solved.
300 nos and 1 yes is still a yes. I agree queing for it would be easier.
08/29/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Aradron
I challenge Blizz to provide a solitary reason/logical explanation as to why they are not in the dungeon finder.

I'll give you the reason, but chances are you won't like it.

Anyways, adding content to LFD severely restricts the design team in terms of difficulty with content. The casual playerbase has proven time and time again that they will refuse to learn execute mechanics. When you toss 5 people together randomly, the content has to be essentially faceroll ezmode or a large percentage of the groups being created by LFD would not complete the dungeon.

I know a lot of you guys will say stuff like "mythic 0's are easy".

Easy is relative. For someone interrupting, positioning bosses correctly, stunning, dispelling, purging, and executing their DPS rotation reasonably well, yes...mythic 0's are easy and enjoyable.

If you added mythic 0's to the LFD tool, it would be a complete disaster. Sure some groups would get decent players and have a good run. But around half would not even finish the dungeon.

Also, tanks wouldn't queue for this. As a tank myself, you are insane if you think I am gonna submit myself to the mercy of random people who may or may not know how to press their interrupt. Better tanks and healers, really just better players in general, would avoid the queue system like the plague.

This would lead to a world where you have 1 hour queues for DPS.

Imagine, sitting in queue for an hour as a DPS, to get into a mythic dungeon, where you wipe to the 1st trash pack because nobody interrupts, and your tank leaves because they can just go do world quests for 30 mins while they wait for deserter debuff and then insta-queue into hopefully a better group.

There would be crying for nerfs to mythic dungeons all over the forums within 24 hours.

That is why they are not in the LFD tool.
They will have to nerf mythic to the ground because you guys can't do 1 simple mechanics lol.
NO !

As a tank, i hate LFD, adding mythic to dungeon finder will be nightmare for me.
Mythic 0 dungeons have a week long lockout. I suspect that's to control how much of M0 gear/items are achievable in a week. That doesn't work well with a queue-type system.
08/29/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Richardqueso
Problem solved.

This ^^^, you know when i was completely new to mythic and +, i started forming my own learning groups for people who are new to mythic and mythic +

Forming your own group is not hard, just take the initiative and do it
Hmm, If they added a combat trial, similar to what was in WoD, but actually made it required once a month, pass/fail one time or they delete your account. I'd be game.
Tank or Heal if you can when pugging. If you're DPS then find a Tank or Healer to apply with or make start a run.

Once you get your iLevel up then you'll get into runs quicker as a DPS.
If I start a group for a piece of content that i feel is challenging then i like to have some say over the team composition.

I believe the problem you may be having with rejections is because right now there are a whole lot of retailers pallies. There has been one in every group I have ran mythics for so far. Most groups are only going to take 1 of a certain class now that more group utility has been added. Warriors and rogues have also been overly abundant.

I have seen no sign of havoc demon hunters, very few locks and hunters and I don't think I have seen any windwalkers either. And of course I haven't seen another mage, because if they had one they wouldn't invite me and if I am there they are not accepting another. Most of my groups have been mage (that's me), ret pally, then either warrior or rogue.
I like it the way it is, if a player joins your group that meets the ilvl requirements it still doesnt mean he is good. With the current system, if he is bad we can just kick and replace. WQ's, BoEs. Titanforging etc... make it way to easy to gear up. Meaning a lot of bad players queuing for Mythic LFD wanting to get carried for free lmao
08/29/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Minatoe
08/29/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Richardqueso
Problem solved.

This ^^^, you know when i was completely new to mythic and +, i started forming my own learning groups for people who are new to mythic and mythic +

Forming your own group is not hard, just take the initiative and do it

Forming a group takes time and effort, I would rather just hit a button and get queued. Sometimes you get a good group and sometimes a !@#$ one but to be fair you risk the same with a premade as well unless its a groupd of the same 5 people you run with often. Pugging random people into a premade is no different than getting randomly grouped with 4 others.

08/29/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Taree
Mythic 0 dungeons have a week long lockout. I suspect that's to control how much of M0 gear/items are achievable in a week. That doesn't work well with a queue-type system.

Heroics have a daily lockout for the same reason and yet they are implemented in a queue system, the lockout only occurs because you are walking in and not queuing which dungeon finder overrides. As for gear, I could see that restriction in the first few weeks of the xpac, but realistically you can supplement mythic gear with LFR when it comes out.

As for the rest well I guess this will be another xpac I will just not run mythics, not because I can't or am unable to follow mechanics but because I don't have the time to sit and put groups together or look for one to join. Dungeon finder works for me because I can just queue and go do my daily stuff while I wait, I don't have to actively search for and try to get into a group. What makes it even more irritating is restricting certain profession items behind mythics as well. I play a good 1-2 hrs a day at most, so oh well guess ill just stick to heroics and lfr when it launches.
You want mythics LFDed.....ok so what major thing are you going to give healers and tanks for dealing with stupid DPS, cause there is no way i will que into people who face pull, stand in fire, think they are gods when they are not, wont interupt anything (looking at underrot rooms on this one), wont do mechanics (looking at you tree dude from mansion).

So unless you give me one hell of a incentive....have fun with hour long ques.
I've said this before, but apply to all the groups that are out there. Do the "Tinder Approach" and cast a wide net. You'll get in a group, but will most likely have to wait for a Healer/Tank.

You chances of getting into a 4/5 group being a DPS is low unless you apply super early or are REAL high ilvl.
You're playing an MMO, make some friends and stop relying on matchmaking to make you parties and just make them yourself.

If you're so socially awkward, bad at the game and unable to make friends in an MMO, maybe you should just stick to single player games.

Also, you're playing a Paladin, learn to tank, tank well and every mythic group and their mom would love to have you. There currently aren't enough tanks to go around.
08/29/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Aradron
My issue comes in to play when I have to open up premade groups, search for a group, request to join, and then wait only to get turned down for any number of reasons among which are NOT item level related...

Except that you DON'T have to "search for a group, request to join, and then wait only to get turned down".

You can "open up premade groups" and start your own group and bring whoever you want. It's not hard.