Shell Game world quest bugged

Bug Report
I can't complete the Shell Game world quest in Drustvar because the background in which the shells are supposed to sit on top of is spawning on top of the shells, making it impossible to see what's in the shells.

I've tried /reload, logging out, disabling addons and even cleaned the cache folder as someone in-game suggested and nothing worked.
Same.
I had the same problem. Nothing worked.
Having the same problem. This rep is bad enough to grind out, now we have stupid bugs like this to deal with.
By any chance did any of you have the wicker disguise active from Mud Fisher Cove. I recall have that active a few days ago and getting this exact problem. Once I clicked it off, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

I have no idea if anyone in Blizz has seen that bug report.

Granted, could be an entirely different, but equally irritating bug, that causes the same issue.
08/30/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Millinna
By any chance did any of you have the wicker disguise active from Mud Fisher Cove. I recall have that active a few days ago and getting this exact problem. Once I clicked it off, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

Granted, could be an entirely different, but equally irritating bug, that causes the same issue.

Omg, I came here to see if anyone had an answer and I was standing in front of a turtle unable to do the quest with the wicker disguise one. Sure enough, i turned it off and could immediately do the quest. Please fix!!! I love the wicker disguise.

OMG this was it THANK YOU! <3
Wicker disguise is indeed causing this bug. Just click it off to finish the WQ. Still needs to be fixed though.

I actually had it on, I ended giving up and left before I did see your answer, but i'll definitely check it out later.
having this bug, in tiragarde sound, have NO buffs/wicker thingies/anything and it will not work.

The map is in front of the shells.
Not working here too.
Im curious if you guys with the issue are starting the game through the launcher or from the exe? I noticed it happens when starting the game bypassing the launcher.

I also notice that flight paths can be bugged as well. The flight paths you get from the unlocked areas in BFA. I wont have an option to take them. As if they have not been discovered. Starting the game through the launcher seems to fix it.
I would like to know why this is different though.
Seems if you walk out of range of the quest, then back in, it will complete properly.
I am having this problem too. It seems if you are wearing a disguise, the background of the shell game spawns in front of the shells, which makes it impossible to complete the game.
I'm also am unable to do shell game and I am not wearing any form of disguise.