Realms Merged

General Discussion
08/09/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Krestar
If you like this style playing guys its your choice I dont like it. And I dont like whats happens to my realm.

dude even if you were on the deadest realm ever with sharding and CRZ you would still see tons of people

you are like five years behind the times
Updated my earlier post OP with a suggestion, you might check it. I should've just made it a new post.

08/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Grassybay
If you like this style playing guys its your choice I dont like it. And I dont like whats happens to my realm.

dude even if you were on the deadest realm ever with sharding and CRZ you would still see tons of people

Not on RP servers. Why do you think Project 60 chose an RP realm?
08/09/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Grassybay
how about you actually tell us what drive you are running with instead of just saying

"oh its good I swear!!"
Not a drive issue. Its something that cropped up awhile back. Has nothing to do with merges either.

08/09/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Halfape
08/09/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Krestar
My hard drive is good, I got gaming computer news one. Plus How can explain that I go on dead realms and they are empty none there and I load to Dalaran and Orgimmar for couple seconds. Only for Area 52, Hyjal and Garrosh takes forever. What can you say about that?

That your hard drive isn't good enough.

Thrall is pretty busy and I have no issue with load times.

Get a better hard drive.
You're right and wrong at the same time. You're right that its not the server population. You're wrong that its a hard drive issue. New dalaran having very long loading times has been a known issue since legion launch. One that does have a work around.

OP: If your screens are taking too long, try /console worldPreloadNonCritical 0

You can also go into the worldofwarcraft folder, then the wtf one, open up the config with notepad and paste this line in

SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"

Sadly, I doubt you'll ever get your way with this. It's been a technical decision they made a while back. Their goal is to increase everyone's pool of interaction with other players, not decrease it.

RP servers are generally separated from this ruleset however. So if you want to experience the lowest population you can in the game, your best bet is a low pop RP server.

Also, you can ticket for a realm transfer, but I'd bet money you'd get shot down. Sorry, but thems the ropes.

Oh, and if you're experiencing load times between portals. Get a new hard drive :)
08/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Vaenaru
Updated my earlier post OP with a suggestion, you might check it. I should've just made it a new post.

08/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Grassybay

Not on RP servers. Why do you think Project 60 chose an RP realm?

truth but they are the exception to the rule (I try to forget they exist... oh the creepiness)
08/09/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Grassybay
truth but they are the exception to the rule (I try to forget they exist... oh the creepiness)

Moon Guard is not all RP realms.
08/09/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Grassybay
how about you actually tell us what drive you are running with instead of just saying

"oh its good I swear!!"
Not a drive issue. Its something that cropped up awhile back. Has nothing to do with merges either.

08/09/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Halfape

That your hard drive isn't good enough.

Thrall is pretty busy and I have no issue with load times.

Get a better hard drive.
You're right and wrong at the same time. You're right that its not the server population. You're wrong that its a hard drive issue. New dalaran having very long loading times has been a known issue since legion launch. One that does have a work around.

OP: If your screens are taking too long, try /console worldPreloadNonCritical 0

You can also go into the worldofwarcraft folder, then the wtf one, open up the config with notepad and paste this line in

[quote]SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"

A good SSD still fixes the issue

I went from insane loading times to near instant when I switched to m.2 nvme

they cost a fortune but the are amazing much faster than even standard solid states
OP, Garrosh is still extremely low pop. Lowest of the low NA PvE/Normal realms, never connected.

What you are seeing is far worse than connected realms, it is CRZ -- Cross Realm Zoning. You can see/group with all those other people but you can't otherwise interact with them. Just found out today (as Cihys on Garrosh even) that I couldn't open a lock box for someone even in the "do not trade" slot where it is supposed to go.

So... all the advantages we had as a small quiet realm are gone now. We are smushed and mushed into a big bland bowl of headcounts with no regard to anything other than Blizzard's algorithms of hardware usage. I also play on a full realm so I clearly see that in the outside world both realms have the same amount of crowding, mob camping, node competition, noise, etc.

A lot of people don't understand the very real issues of the super low pop realms and Blizzard doesn't seem to care. I actually like low pop realms myself and don't mind a bad economy or the lack of competitive raiding or pvp or anything... but if you want to play this game with people you see again, CRZ is NOT the answer to the low pop realms. And I'm not totally against CRZ, I think it has a place in lower level content, it was putting it in Legion from the get-go that I didn't appreciate.

I'm at the last few hours of my subscription right now. I'm not leaving because of the new expansion but because of things like the amount of CRZ in the game that has been in since Legion in addition to the horribad RNG and Scaling Zones. All things that are not directly Battle related but why I am leaving -- just no fun for me any more.
08/09/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Vaenaru
08/09/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Grassybay

pretty sure thats the only alive one lol
08/09/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Grassybay

You're wrong. Quit talking about things you know nothing about.
08/09/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Krestar
Hello there. I just so frustrated how you guys made the game now. When I started playing in World of Warcraft I chose the low population realm in case that I don't have to be in que for hours to get online and play but what I'm facing now, you merged my low population realm with so many its like 10 other realms merged to mine. Guys come on are you kidding me? Solve this issue because loading screen to Dalaran and Orgimmar takes forever. General chat full of spamm and vulgar language I ejoyed conversation with guys and then some people trolled us all the way, my kids were sitting nearby and saw all that gross people wrote. I did return to game not to face this issue. If people choose the full realms like Hyjal and so on its their problem and they have to character transfer, instead of put all those realms to our realm. Doing quests its stupid hard where players all over the place.

And for 2nd topic: How your company can merged us with different realms and even did not ask us - players, what we want and how we want to play. Like good example I did quests and all my targets got killed a lot and I did not get any credit because players were everywhere. You know I really don't like it. I have GTX 1070 Nvidia and my computer on high settings running well. It never had problems only this expansion. Before.... our realm was quiet and everything was cool. All rares up, all quest targets up. You know I really hope you tell my words to your bosses who will talk to game managers and finally fix this. Otherwise I would like to play on realm where no other realms If I need fun and see people I always can make group and invite friends or guilds. But I don't want to see people who sell some crap for real money and offer carry for real money and so on. So I just want quit all this. I really hope you guys fix this issiue because it is not fun at all
a large portion of your complaints have nothing to do with realms being merged. the cross realm function saved servers from becoming "horde only" or "alliance only". Its Blizzards discretion what they do with the game. It is not design by committee, the game would be terrible if it was.

uh Emerald Dream is about the same size.
08/09/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Bordeaux

You're wrong. Quit talking about things you know nothing about.

but this is the internet im pretty sure thats what its for
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Wyrmrest and Emerald Dream are literally listed as "Full" right now with a few more listed as High ???

Not to mention OP is clearly looking for a dead realm anyway?
I'm honestly a bit puzzled by how they're determining population for connected realms. I rolled some Alliance characters on Silver Hand a while back, and it was labeled "Low". Shortly before 8.0, I rolled some Horde toons on Thorium Brotherhood, which was also labeled "Low". At the time I rolled on TB, I already knew that it was connected to Silver Hand and Farstriders, and possibly a couple others. The point is, both of these were labeled "Low".

Then 8.0 dropped, and suddenly, both of these servers are labeled "High". Bwuh?

On Thorium Brotherhood, Orgrimmar is a barren wasteland with hardly a player in sight. My Horde toons are encountering almost no other players while leveling. Okay, well, maybe even with connected realms they're just heavily unbalanced in favor of Alliance. Except even the Darkmoon Faire had barely anybody there, of either faction. And on Silver Hand, where I have Alliance toons, I certainly haven't seen an explosion in the population that would justify these servers suddenly going from "Low" to "High".
low population is not a feature. it is not intended for you to play basically a solo game where you have advantageous access to world resources.
Are you seriously saying Blizzard needs to ask you guys if they can merge their own servers? LMAO. I'm sorry but Blizzard doesn't need to ask you squat. It is their game. They are paying the money for everything. Your $15 is simply the license to play their game. Even your toon(s) are their property. Everything you have in the game is their property.
08/09/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Eilyssana
I'm honestly a bit puzzled by how they're determining population for connected realms. I rolled some Alliance characters on Silver Hand a while back, and it was labeled "Low". Shortly before 8.0, I rolled some Horde toons on Thorium Brotherhood, which was also labeled "Low". At the time I rolled on TB, I already knew that it was connected to Silver Hand and Farstriders, and possibly a couple others. The point is, both of these were labeled "Low".

On Thorium Brotherhood, Orgrimmar is a barren wasteland with hardly a player in sight. My Horde toons are encountering almost no other players while leveling. Okay, well, maybe even with connected realms they're just heavily unbalanced in favor of Alliance. Except even the Darkmoon Faire had barely anybody there, of either faction. And on Silver Hand, where I have Alliance toons, I certainly haven't seen an explosion in the population that would justify these servers suddenly going from "Low" to "High".

They determine it by how many are logged on at that time I believe. The population likely jumped because everyone wanted to log on then. Also, each server is set with a max capacity of a certain number so once that number hits a certain mark, it determines if it is low, med or high etc. So your connect servers likely had tons of people being on line at the same time.

You're on an RP server.

Even on Normal High Pop realms, leveling zones are largely dead. 90% of players are in endgame zones or Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Dalaran.

CRZ is the mechanic that attempts to fill dead ZONES, which is why CRZ has nothing to do with total realm population like some people still seem to think.

Now, the reason I mentioned you're on an RP server - CRZ doesn't exist for us in old zones. It only exists in current content. Same deal for Warmode sharding and sharding in general -- it's off in old content, and only On with other RP servers in current content zones.

Additionally, "High pop" right now is... I guess, healthy? But not bustling. They definitely messed with the thresholds about a month and a half ago as overnight every realm bumped up 1-2 population listings. WRA is currently 'Full' but for the majority of Legion was flipping between Medium and High depending on the day and time. There's an argument to be made for people coming back for prepatch, but this change happened in an instant well before prepatch.
08/09/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Vaenaru

You're on an RP server.

Even on Normal High Pop realms, leveling zones are largely dead. 90% of players are in endgame zones or Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Dalaran.

CRZ is the mechanic that attempts to fill dead ZONES, which is why CRZ has nothing to do with total realm population like some people still seem to think.

Now, the reason I mentioned you're on an RP server - CRZ doesn't exist for us in old zones. It only exists in current content. Same deal for Warmode sharding and sharding in general -- it's off in old content, and only On with other RP servers in current content zones.

Additionally, "High pop" right now is... I guess, healthy? But not bustling. They definitely messed with the thresholds about a month and a half ago as overnight every realm bumped up 1-2 population listings. WRA is currently 'Full' but for the majority of Legion was flipping between Medium and High depending on the day and time. There's an argument to be made for people coming back for prepatch, but this change happened in an instant well before prepatch.

Thanks, you seem to get what I was saying. It's why I specifically mentioned Orgrimmar being empty, rather than mentioning leveling zones (about the only players I've seen in leveling zone have been those leveling allied races). And of course the DMF should have plenty of people from both factions, but even on Sunday it was nearly as empty as Orgrimmar.

The really puzzling thing about the "High" status of Silver Hand and Thorium Brotherhood, given that it's based on how many players are actually logged in, is that they're still showing "High" even at 2:00AM Pacific.