Love the new AV, takes skill now

Battlegrounds
08/11/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Xalea
AV is in a horrible state. All the Alliance players stop at SH gy and get slowly pushed back resulting in a reinforcement win for Horde. The game I just played Horde got 1200 honor + 450 for winning. Of course they're happy.

I don't understand why Alliance gave up on trying to move past SH gy. It's really bizarre. There's like, a huge map there that nobody ever sees now. How is this better?

Also the Horde healer queue for Epic bg is 20+ minutes. I've been told it's an hour for DPS. Who wants to wait that long for a queue, even on a winning side? Once Alliance stops queuing it's going to be hours and hours of wait to get in.

There is no healer queue. It's one queue for everyone.
08/11/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Randalfrag
<span class="truncated">...</span>
did I say anyone was forcing me? all I said was, its still the same crap, slightly slowed down. we have different versions of 'epic', though. I enjoy the PvE/PvP hybrid aspect AV was born with. you enjoy the mostly PvP/watered down PvE version of it, which is fine

AV has always been 40v40 pvp. It last for days during Vanilla. What exactly is your complaint? There still are towers, there still are npcs, you can still get the druids and IVUS or whoever. I mean, it's still there. I personally wish we could have Vanilla AV back, but we don't. It used to be slower and last forever. I am guessing you didn't play then and are used to zerg fests? Otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about. I enjoy AV. I don't really have a preference. You can pvp and still cap towers, get gys and kill the bosses. If your team isn't down for that, well that isn't an AV problem.

gosh, do I really need to spoonfeed you and spell it out so hard? I've made it clear the last two times.
-yes AV is 40v40 like its always been
-yes there are still towers and npcs
-no, you cannot summon druids, bosses, cavalry or do any of the other stuff that made it remarkable.
yes, technically you CAN but you won't. no one ever does and no one ever will again because its its not in the meta, not in the routine and it takes them too long. that was a significant part of the enjoyment for myself and a lot of others since AV is a big selling point for private servers
That is my complaint. AV not being the same. just another BG now like always and it still feels like the zerg rush its always been. like I've literally been saying this whole time. yes. I know it used to be slow and last forever. why would you assume I didn't know that when I've been talking about how it used to be this whole time?
08/11/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Dangerjosh
07/27/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Phalanx
The NPCs health and damage will match the players level and gear, which will result in a more consistent difficulty.

That's interesting. Most of my difficulty (or bad luck) comes from my team though.
I suspect this will not improve.

08/11/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Arthrallidin
Arathi Blizzard makes me randy. more fog of war blizzard maps please

I do like that map. Funny that players asked for reskins for so long, and when Blizzard finally did it, it was awesome.
As someone already said, AV has only changed because Alliance players have stopped doing any kind of meaningful work. Pushing through IB (for Alliance) still works just like it always did, and nothing is ever summoned.

AV is now just an automatic win for Horde and a 2 hour loss for Alliance. Within a few months no Alliance is going to queue for AV anymore. Great job.

I'm going to count how many Alliance players leave the next AV. lol
08/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Xalea
As someone already said, AV has only changed because Alliance players have stopped doing any kind of meaningful work. Pushing through IB (for Alliance) still works just like it always did, and nothing is ever summoned.

AV is now just an automatic win for Horde and a 2 hour loss for Alliance. Within a few months no Alliance is going to queue for AV anymore. Great job.

Allicance is bad at AV. Horrid strats and they never back cap or push or use the bridge choke point to soft reset.

You can play both sides for yourself and see the difference. One side implements efficient strategy one does not.
Wouldn't say turtling at IBGY takes skill but it's still far far far better than the pve zerg rush #neveragain
08/12/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Raziael

Allicance is bad at AV. Horrid strats and they never back cap or push or use the bridge choke point to soft reset.

You can play both sides for yourself and see the difference. One side implements efficient strategy one does not.

I'm starting to think ally don't even try anymore. They just go for HK's and don't care win or lose.
08/12/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Raziael

The horde need a lot less reaction and strat to win though. Don’t act like 40 random players are consistently better than 40 other random players