High/Full population server issues (Known Issue 8/13/2018)

Technical Support
Prev 1 34 35 36 53 Next
new patch and servers still down :s
This game is the way it is because Blizz has no choice but to tune most of you guys out
Pretty sure it was the Russians that had something to do with this!
Proudmoore out too now. Seems a little ironic she came back to the WoW universe and isn't working already.
Whats the worst? Why are so many people salty? because Bliz doesnt even apologize, they DGAF. They could care less that people took off from work, that people blocked out this time of their day to play this game. That maybe some of us were preparing for months for just this very moment. and they completely ruined it.

They dont care. At the end of the day they still get their money and we get nothing.
Pls Flip switch on my server.
The Russians Meddled in our expansion!
08/13/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Thémsah
Hey guys,

Some servers are going to be taken offline briefly for a fix to be pushed. The affected realms for this are:

Area 52
    Illidan
    Tichondrius
    Sargeras
    Stormrage

No word on how long they will need to be down, but we hope to have them back up soon

-Lantrasau

More vague garbage from Blizz, but the fan bois will be like "OMG thank you Blizz"

Let's not take this out on the CSRs. They truthfully do not know and can only say what they're told to say.

Somewhere in a room at bliz HQ is a developer hitting F5 in visual studio trying to rebuild a server package. They need to leave that dude alone while he fixes it.

I'm just as annoyed as you, but it's not the CSR's fault that it's broken-- It's the QA team who should feel ashamed of themselves.
where is the server,
and what is the server saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CtFKJCGlhI
Half a dozen expansions and still can't get it right... they must have had their D team plan the launch.

If you were able to login already, this won't disconnect you, but it will not allow new logins while the update is pushed.

-Lantrasau

I was in game. i was dc'ed... so..
08/13/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Thémsah
All the Bliz fan boi's out there like "you know this is normal on launch day".. No the !@#$ its not. its normal to have a que, maybe a long wait time to log in. But when an entire server is down, that is a major %^-* up

It's normal for the "Full" realms to have issues. It happens every single launch. Some people get in and it's fine. Others have issues logging in and struggle for a while. That's not "fanboi" behavior. It's adult behavior. I left Stormrage and recently came back knowing this would be an issue. It's an issue.

Be patient. A fix is supposedly incoming.
new update going now
08/13/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Thémsah
Whats the worst? Why are so many people salty? because Bliz doesnt even apologize, they DGAF. They could care less that people took off from work, that people blocked out this time of their day to play this game. That maybe some of us were preparing for months for just this very moment. and they completely ruined it.

They dont care. At the end of the day they still get their money and we get nothing.

go outside
"we're bringing these 5 servers offline to try and fix"

*Currently 7 servers offline after that post was made*
08/13/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Skinbiscuit
Pretty sure it was the Russians that had something to do with this!

We did NOTHING (maybe)
08/13/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Dazhu
where is the server,
and what is the server saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CtFKJCGlhI

Lol
4.5 hours not even a "we are so sorry"
NO one takes responsibility. Somehow its our fault for being on a "high pop server". BULL!@#$
Oh ok. Tich can go back up, but that's it.
Do you guys remembered the Thanksgiving of the year BC came out and some servers got hit that morning with a bug where people couldnt log in if their character data was on a specific server? And if you did get in, it was so slow and all items were big red question marks?

To make it worse, Blizzard had posted the night before it happened that there will be no tech support over the break?

I was affected while my family was not. The fix? Just a simple server restart, but didnt happen till the Monday after break due to no tech support.

Now I happen to be on Stormrage and this is down. :(