Arms Tuning Coming Very Soon

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
1 2 3 6 Next
Greetings, Warriors of Azeroth!

We’re working on some significant tuning for Mastery: Deep Wounds. As has been pointed out here on the forums and elsewhere, the value of Mastery is particularly low for Arms. Although we are still working out the exact numbers, you can expect the following changes, intended to make Mastery a competitive combat rating:
  • A large increase to how much Mastery affects Deep Wounds’ damage.
  • A decrease to the damage of Arms’ other (non-Deep Wounds) abilities.
    Increasing the effectiveness of Mastery necessitates that we offset it with reductions to other abilities, to keep Arms’ total damage about the same – this change is aimed at making sure Mastery is useful, not to be an overall buff to the spec.

With an average amount of Mastery, Deep Wounds is going to be much stronger after these changes. Note that the impact of these changes will differ slightly per-character, based on how much Mastery rating they have.

We will, of course, keep an eye on Arms’ performance and continue to make adjustments as necessary. With the first raid of Battle for Azeroth opening on September 4, we expect to make further pre-raid adjustments to this and other specs as usual over the next three weeks.

Thanks for your ongoing passion and feedback. See you on the battlefield!
Glad to see this getting fixed sooner rather than later.

although I am curious why not just reduce the AP scaling on deep wounds and make it up with the mastery scaling.
That's sad to hear. What makes arms fun to me is the giant mortal strike and execute crits... not the bleed from mastery.

I wish you would just change the mastery all together. I find it odd that arms has a mastery centered around a bleed.
Not sure this is the way to go.
08/16/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Antarris
That's sad to hear. What makes arms fun to me is the giant mortal strike and execute crits... not the bleed from mastery.

I wish you would just change the mastery all together. I find it odd that arms has a mastery centered around a bleed.

The point entirely is to make it less bursty. Mission accomplished I suppose. Makes it worse for PvP, but again, is intentional.
YAY

when can we expect to see this?
I am thoroughly disappointed by this. I hopped on the fury hype train, only to eventually realize arms is more fun, but it's fun because of the chunky, beefy hits.

Don't water down the main attacks in favor of a passive, boring bleed. =( People can play rogues or ferals if they want dot/bleed damage.

+1 for reworking mastery
08/16/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Hrothknut
Makes it worse for PvP, but again, is intentional.

Arms is supposed to be the mostly go to PvP spec so that makes no sense.
08/16/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Kaivax

We’re working on some significant tuning for Mastery: Deep Wounds. As has been pointed out here on the forums and elsewhere, the value of Mastery is particularly low for Arms. Although we are still working out the exact numbers, you can expect the following changes, intended to make Mastery a competitive combat rating:
    Increasing the effectiveness of Mastery necessitates that we offset it with reductions to other abilities, to keep Arms’ total damage about the same – this change is aimed at making sure Mastery is useful, not to be an overall buff to the spec.

With an average amount of Mastery, Deep Wounds is going to be much stronger after these changes. Note that the impact of these changes will differ slightly per-character, based on how much Mastery rating they have.

We will, of course, keep an eye on Arms’ performance and continue to make adjustments as necessary. With the first raid of Battle for Azeroth opening on September 4, we expect to make further pre-raid adjustments to this and other specs as usual over the next three weeks.

WTB Feral Druid tuning..... Focused on fixing little things like deep wounds, meanwhile we out here getting out dps'd by hunter pets.
well at least we are taking care of warriors....i mean....cause.....important.

So where are the other spec tuning announcements?
You can’t rely on super high burst damage to remain in the game for any spec. Blizzard has always hated it. So tbh, picking a spec to play because of that is not a good strategy.
https://mobile.twitter.com/archimtiros/status/1030201410996981760 This is why arms mastery needed fixed ASAP btw.

It’s not a tuning issue, it’s just completely broken.
Feral druid is literally not able to function as a spec as 120 can u help.
I'll second the feral situation. I'm a sad cat.
As many pointed out, the fun of arms is the big burst windows and managing your rage. Mastery should be rework, yes, but not to the expense of nerfing the other abilities. The passive bleed isn't fun.
yeah ill third it, I just had a buff from a pirate drink, found out in the world in stormsong valley, put me to 72% haste and I had good numbers and felt extremely smooth, not clunky, fixing something on a top dps, is sad, but not fixing a legit issue, from my pov it needs better scaling
4th here
08/16/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Kaivax

Maybe next expansion you guys could make a post about Ele shaman. Or just delete the class from the game and make everyones life easier.
Wonder if Slam will get weaker >.>