I Grinded Rep for My Allied Races. You Shouldn't Have To.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
08/17/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Manazzle

If a freshly boosted 110 started on Argussian Reach rep today, they'd be exalted by the end of next week. Stop whining and get it done.

Oh you are SOOO wrong about that, buddy. It took me three weeks from a fresh 110 to get void elves. And I was unemployed and playing at least 4-6 hours a day. Time gated as hell!

Horrible. And the worst part is for some reason veteran players are almost blind to this issue and are really elitist about "working for it".

I'm sorry am I working or playing? Cuz I could've swore computer games are PLAYED.
08/17/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Eravacycler

This is not a skin you can put on your already exsisting character. This is a new race. A skin is a cosmetic, a race is not. A race is the character you are playing.

Disagree. Void elves are a reskin of blood elves. Light forged drained? Ok nighrborne are a slightly different model and I can't say about high mountain.

My point still stands, they could have given the appearance as a skin just like they gave different skins for the artifact. That would have been a cosmetic. And a lot of cosmetics have been traditionally locked behind rep. These are not cosmetics, doesn't matter how close the resemble other races. I have to make a new character to play them.
Nice delete Eravacycler, lol.
08/17/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Midlight
I mean ... if you want old mounts and such that are locked behind reputation, you have to grind those, too.

I don't think races are equatable to mounts or pretty much anything else you can collect.

Disagree. Void elves are a reskin of blood elves. Light forged drained? Ok nighrborne are a slightly different model and I can't say about high mountain.

My point still stands, they could have given the appearance as a skin just like they gave different skins for the artifact. That would have been a cosmetic. And a lot of cosmetics have been traditionally locked behind rep. These are not cosmetics, doesn't matter how close the resemble other races. I have to make a new character to play them.

Ha ha my point with two races if not three, is that it is mostly cosmetics. Don't put words in my mouth while trying to spread fake news.
08/17/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Wildberry
The rep lock is ridiculous. Allied races were announced as the "big expansion feature." To make people go back and complete old zones on a character they don't really want to play, so that they can go back and redo things on a character they do want to play is ridiculous and excessive.

Races didn't have restrictions before and it worked out fine. Even though DKs and DHs had restrictions, they asked you to get to 55 and 70 respectively. And amazingly, those classes start at 55 and 90.

Yes, this has all been said before, but I want to point out that I'm not complaining about the grind for personal benefit. I had reps maxed fairly early on, and will continue to do so.

And just like me, you probably did it for a reason other than "To unlock an Allied Race" considering that requirement was tied to reputation & zone completion long after the fact.

Grinding Rep isn't hard. It's not a massive investment. This isn't entitlement, this is a case of people wanting to continue precedent.

I suppose I'm really just curious as to why so many of you have the "F you I got mine" attitude towards new and returning players, when the overwhelming majority of us finished our reps and stories long before we even knew Allied Races would exist. It's not like you got exalted with the Nightfallen because you thought Nightborne would be playable in an expansion. Stragglers might have, but I doubt they're the majority.

Thank you for posting...

Sincerely! Thank you
08/17/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Extrathicc

I and following forum rules, what is it I said you want to comment on?
08/17/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Eravacycler
08/17/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Extrathicc

I and following forum rules, what is it I said you want to comment on?

That's what I thought.
I grinded the reps and I will say this, stop whining and get to the grind. Boohoo you didn't do it when you had a chance. Also the grind only takes a week or two, spending 30 minutes a day for the quests. Maybe faster now. Also there are going to be more ailed races in bfa.

Finally in a game like wow old content is still content to do.
08/17/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Eravacycler
Not wrong, being them up in the dressing room, essentially the same model. Don't be so disingenuous if you want to quote me. I was not snarky, just objective. A blood elf in plate is identical to a void elf in plate. Prove me wrong.

First of all, you're still missing the point of the person you were initially responding to. With regard to your "argument," way to add an arbitrary distinction of "in plate."

New bones and geosets had to be added to Void Elves. Vertices were changed, etc. It's objectively not a reskin, which would imply nothing but a texture change.

You can say they're similar to Blood Elves, they are! But they're not reskins. And even if they were, you still wouldn't have a point.
08/17/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Vartus
I grinded the reps and I will say this, stop whining and get to the grind. Boohoo you didn't do it when you had a chance. Also the grind only takes a week or two, spending 30 minutes a day for the quests. Maybe faster now. Also there are going to be more ailed races in bfa.

Finally in a game like wow old content is still content to do.

Thank you for this comment.
08/17/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Wildberry
08/17/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Eravacycler
Not wrong, being them up in the dressing room, essentially the same model. Don't be so disingenuous if you want to quote me. I was not snarky, just objective. A blood elf in plate is identical to a void elf in plate. Prove me wrong.

First of all, you're still missing the point of the person you were initially responding to. With regard to your "argument," way to add an arbitrary distinction of "in plate."

New bones and geosets had to be added to Void Elves. Vertices were changed, etc. It's objectively not a reskin, which would imply nothing but a texture change.

You can say they're similar to Blood Elves, they are! But they're not reskins. And even if they were, you still wouldn't have a point.

Hey I agree that details matter
Grind the rep if you want void elf "models".

Edit: I had to kill agrammar at least 60 times before Taeshalc skin dropped for me. Maybe blizzard should give that to everyone who bought bfa?
08/17/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Manazzle
Allied races are practically cosmetic items

didn't know cosmetic items could give you a % damage/healing buff.
I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't need the rep for the older ones (Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Velves, and Lightforged), but you should at least do the story for the one you want, that shows them fixing their issues, and then joining their respective faction.

Requiring the rep for the "current" ones isn't an issue, IMO
Enough already! We worked for it. You can, too. You aren't special.
08/17/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Valaire

Exactly.

I already did. Can you not read?

08/17/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Eravacycler

Edit: I had to kill agrammar at least 60 times before Taeshalc skin dropped for me. Maybe blizzard should give that to everyone who bought bfa?

Are we really comparing weapon transmogs to races now? How's that room temperature IQ treating you?
08/17/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Wildberry

I already did. Can you not read?

08/17/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Eravacycler

Are we really comparing weapon transmogs to races now? How's that room temperature IQ treating you?

I feel as passionate about that skin as others feel about allied races. I worked for it. Piss off.

Note I did not resort to personal ad hominem attacks. Moron?