Assassin/Bounty System Broken?

War Mode and World PvP
Greetings,

This past evening my friend and I proceeded to kill 28 unique horde in Vol'Dun without dying and still did not get Alliance Assassin. This system has to be broken what am I missing here
I wish the 100 honor for killing assassins counted toward the conqueror of Azeroth achievement, I feel like once people start turning off war mode I’m not gonna be able to find players to kill in the world & I’m already getting like 3 honor per kill
Which classes you were playing, and were you in a raid?

Thanks for the report.
It is not clear currently who gets the 100 honor for killing an assassin. Is it split among the group? Is it the person that got the killing blow? Is the 100 honor actually being rewarded at all?
I too went on a 35 kill spree with 1 of my buddies on Saturday. No raid group involved. Never died. Neither of us got the assassin buff.

We killed about half in VulDun then went to Nazmir. I was on my hunter and he was on his DH.

This isn't the first spree we've gone on that resulted in no assassin buff, just the most recent.
I had this same problem with my friend. I was a disc priest and he was a rogue in a party together. Our kills counted towards our quest but we did not get assassin right away. We were level 120 and killed a few people below 120 so we suspected those kills did not count. We proceeded to kill a few more people/groups and we ended up getting assassin when we focused on killing 120s. Then we used the awesome buff to kill a group of 10 people but ended up dying as they rezzed. It was fun but i would love confirmation on if you have to kill the ten people at your level or what that requirement is.
Just to clarify: you didn't get the "Alliance Assassin" buff, or the "Bounty Hunted" debuff?
Alliance Assassin is consistently being given to people who get enough kills.

Bounty Hunted debuff is not.
08/20/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Finesthour
Alliance Assassin is consistently being given to people who get enough kills.

Bounty Hunted debuff is not.

I thought it was a quest you randomly got *after* you got 10 kills, didn't know it was bugged and was suppose to give the debuff after 10 kills
I did not get either buff or debuff until after we killed more than 10 people. I suspect it was at 10 120 kills but will have to try again later to confirm.
08/20/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Phalanx
Which classes you were playing, and were you in a raid?

Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the response. We were playing Beast Mastery Hunter and Retribution Paladin in Vol'Dun. We did not get the "Alliance Asssassin" buff at all. We were also not in raid group. We were in a group together with no one else.
Have the same problem I kill like 15 hordes and didnt get anything Imágenes feral druid
08/20/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Telfurian
I too went on a 35 kill spree with 1 of my buddies on Saturday. No raid group involved. Never died. Neither of us got the assassin buff.

We killed about half in VulDun then went to Nazmir. I was on my hunter and he was on his DH.

This isn't the first spree we've gone on that resulted in no assassin buff, just the most recent.

This has happened to me numerous times in the past week as well, this hasn't been an isolated incident.
08/20/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Phalanx
Just to clarify: you didn't get the "Alliance Assassin" buff, or the "Bounty Hunted" debuff?

In thr 35 kill situation, We never even received the alliance assassin buff. There's been times where we have but never recieved a bounty despite going on large killing sprees.
From my experience, I had to kill a lot of Alliance to get the Horde Assassin buff and THEN, I had to kill loads more to get a bounty (and the quest that comes along with it) before I could get my title.

Then I promptly teleported to Orgrimmar to remove the bounty and thus, preventing Alliance from collecting on me =D
9 of us in my guild got this today, we sat in Voldun and killed horde that came for the WQ. First we all became "Assassins" and about 10 minutes later I became a Bounty. 20 horde then proceeded to show up and kill me and most of my guild off, but we fought back and proceeded to kill everything. I re-acquired the assassin buff, and shortly after, someone else in the raid (we were in a raid at first and realizing the followup quest couldn't be done in raid) became a bounty, but the quest was given to everyone in the raid. half of the raid left the group and formed a party, while the other half converted back to party. Proceed to kill 10-15 horde, and everyone got the achievement/title. (So it feels like something here bugged, since only 2 or 3 of us were bounties yet all 9 of us had the quest.)

So it's working, was able to become a bounty while in a raid group, but could not gain any progress to the quest while in a raid group.
Bounties claimed are also not giving 100 honour. They appear to be giving 19 (the same as one would get, approximately, for killing someone ranked Horde Assassin) instead of the indicated amount.
I got the Achievement over the weekend with a shaman and a warrior. It wasn't consistently giving us both the assassin buff, and it randomly marked us. We were only able to both complete the quest because the person who became hunted shared the quest with the other.

No rhythm or reason, we tried swapping kiling blows, range, nothing, there was a time my partner got it before me and he didn't even participate in the last kill. he was afk
This happened to my and my friends the other day as well, we were playing Fury Warrior(myself), Resto Shaman, and Outlaw Rogue. We eventually did get the assassin buff but it took upward of 40 kills to get when we were under the assumption that after 10 we would be assassins.
I too was on my rogue with a friend,got the assassin buff but not the one after that. Killed 15+ people with the buff up and nothing happened.