I know why some people rushed...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
08/22/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Ythisens
08/22/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Hankypanky
I would love to hear from other who actually rushed. Why did you do it? What were you trying to accomplish?

Here were my first week goals:
    120 in the first 12 hours
    340 ilvl
    Clear all the dungeons on Mythic
    Not miss a single World Quest during the first week
    Hit Honored with Champions of Azeroth
    Hit Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion

I hit all but the first two. It took me a little bit longer but I hit it within the first 24 hours, I finished last week at 338 ilvl. So not a perfect week but can't complain. I rush because the rush is fun and its what I play the game for. I want to go screaming into dungeons/raids on the first day with nothing but hope, a dream, and a crudely drawn plan in mspaint.

I didn’t get to reach my 12 hour goal because of tich being a baby about everyone logging on.

However i did break the goal on my 2nd 120 when servers were behaving.

Your rep goals are insanity and impressed that was accomplished. My rep farming skill = non existent
I rushed for piece of mind, everythings done, just need rep for champions and turtle, that way I can go back to just 4 WQ a day and only care about raiding.
I would love to hear from other who actually rushed. Why did you do it? What were you trying to accomplish?

340 ilvl

I hit all but the first two. It took me a little bit longer but I hit it within the first 24 hours, I finished last week at 338 ilvl. So not a perfect week but can't complain. I rush because the rush is fun and its what I play the game for. I want to go screaming into dungeons/raids on the first day with nothing but hope, a dream, and a crudely drawn plan in mspaint.
Pfft. Amateur.

Mine was in crayon.

::flex::
08/22/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Trìnïty

Any explanation on the scaling issues? Why does my resto gear affect my strength in feral because my resto gear is higher? Shouldn’t we get stronger in MMOs?
CMs are not game devs.

CMs represent those devs on the forums and can relay concerns to them. They also can get answers from said devs.
You don't even really need to rush anymore. You can hit the level cap in a few days of moderate play.
...CMs are not game devs.

CMs represent those devs on the forums and can relay concerns to them. They also can get answers from said devs.

im sure they are saving any response for the Q&A tomorrow
and a crudely drawn plan in mspaint.

Props for using MS Paint, you'd be better drawing it on the back of a cocktail napkin!

340 ilvl

Yeah when you do what any normal person does in a day, you're called a loser. And then it's the same people throwing tomatoes who cry about being declined to raid kills on the launch week. Several weeks from then, it's them crying about not having AotC.

It's almost like...you need to work in order to get things done...weird.

08/22/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Coniferous
You don't even really need to rush anymore. You can hit the level cap in a few days of moderate play.
You can hit the level cap in a long day. I averaged 40% into a new level within 15 minutes of play per. That's insane. And I'm heal spec, btw, it's not like I'm a broken Disc priest pumping out higher DPS than Shadow.

Have you seen The Devil Wears Prada? This is the CM to dev relationship. They can try to relay notes and try to get information.
I didn't rush At All. Just played through quests, fished, made some food, leveled alchemy, dug in the dirt, caught some pets. Just doing this and that and hit 120 in 5 days, few hours a night.

You just level up organically. Not a big deal.

ps. I had war mode on so there's that bonus. /shrug
If this is why lol what the heck...

Maximize my time spent gearing up for Uldir. The more I frontload my time, the more I have to spend on other things (like FINALLY trying to finish FF15...). I have no need for heroics right now so I can essentially just do my mythics, do whatever WQs I feel like doing, and do other stuff. Its nice.

They've also started deleting posts they don't like, like ones calling them out on replying to nonsense threads instead of the one of that's blowing up the forum. Even just a this isn't intentional and we are looking into it would quiet most down til the q/a of course most of us expect this is intentional since the hotfixes have just been to stop banking gear from working.
I Haven't even started BFA yet. I'm still working on Pandaria stuff :)

Get as ready for raiding on my main as I possibly could so I could take my time enjoying my other 11 characters as a snails pace.
08/22/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Nîghtlord
They rushed in order to be able to sell runs to others and make gold. They also rushed in order to destroy others in pvp or farm old content.

If you rushed just to rush....you are now bored and complainning you got nothing to do.

Thoughts?

Boy, did those world pvpers that rushed come to regret that decision.
Do we know what class Ysithens plays?

All that's pretty impressive. I'm a week and a half behind now, decided to change lanes (From druid to this monk; night and day, I love monk so much, druid feels like drudgery) but hope to catch up soon.
08/22/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Xathra

They've also started deleting posts they don't like, like ones calling them out on replying to nonsense threads instead of the one of that's blowing up the forum. Even just a this isn't intentional and we are looking into it would quiet most down til the q/a of course most of us expect this is intentional since the hotfixes have just been to stop banking gear from working.
You're incorrect. Nothing they say would quiet a crowd down. No one is ever happy with anything they're given, hence why they don't give often now.

They delete threads such as that because it's a direct call-out, it's unproductive, and it encourages trolling/flaming. It's not a hard concept. They reply to "fluff" because they are allowed to socialize with players, not leak any information that hasn't been pre-approved yet by higher ups.

You act like they're some magician with a wand. My god.
Im alt leveling all my alts now nonstop not sure whats wrong with that.I just find the first raid to be boring so i see no reason to start endgame right away anyways might as well rush it all now my main saw all the lore anyways by now.Beta BFA spoiled me anyways saw it and done it.

I wanted to get to 120, and as much ahead of the game on reps, professions, etc before I had to go back to work and school, so I won't fall behind and then not be ready when flying drops.
My goal is to get rep with honorbound but horde can’t get rep from the wanted quests, only alliance can. Ridiculous.