Azerite Armor and why it's bad.

General Discussion
I've quickly come to realize that Azerite armor is not a great system. I'm getting ilvl upgrades but feel obligated to stay with the armor I have because it's trait is better for aoe. I'm not sure who thought getting a piece of gear that is clearly a upgrade but isn't better so you don't equip it was a good idea but it should be dropped. Is it to extend the gear grind like they did for Diablo?

I'm enjoying everything else tho tbh famalam
*polishes my azerite armor and admires it...
I think the idea of Azerite armor is an interesting concept that could use some work. Maybe if they all had the same traits to choose from and work more like our talent system. IDK, I just like the idea of our armor being able to level up too, i'm all for alternative progression paths.
08/28/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Gtc
I've quickly come to realize that Azerite armor is not a great system. I'm getting ilvl upgrades but feel obligated to stay with the armor I have because it's trait is better for aoe. I'm not sure who thought getting a piece of gear that is clearly a upgrade but isn't better so you don't equip it was a good idea but it should be dropped. Is it to extend the gear grind like they did for Diablo?

I'm enjoying everything else tho tbh famalam

Not really any different than getting an ilvl upgrade with all the wrong secondary stats though. Same sort of issue
I am not sure how this is different than getting one part of a set piece upgrade only to realize the set bonus on the old set makes it stronger than the new item, at least until you get another new item to unlock the new set bonus.

or getting a strong one hand weapon, but you have a staff and now need to farm an offhand before you can make the upgrade.

azurite gear having unique traits definitely creates situations where an ilvl upgrade feels like not so much of an upgrade, for traits that are actually good.

my problem with azurite gear is most of the traits are completely unnoticeable.

Why should I take this spec-specific trait if the spec-generic trait sims within 10dps of it? Why should I be excited about traits that don't have any active effect on the way I play? A few are good, most feel like one of those passive proc rng trinkets, only very weak and on a very short cd.