Arms or Fury for N/H Uldir?

Warrior
My guild recently informed me that I'll be DPS'ing and I'm trying to figure out which spec to play.

I'm needing to get some 340 weapons before the reset, but the rest of my gear is avg 343 iLvL with a decent amount of haste.

I tried both on a dummy and arms felt very slow single target, am I playing it wrong? I enjoy fury alot more but I've heard its not as great in PvE as arms.

Which spec is best for raids?
Arms for now.
08/30/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Penguinjim
Arms for now.

What sort of DPS should I be getting in my gear with a 310 weapon? When I tried playing it I could only hit like 6k on the dummy.

08/30/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Sylvanessi
08/30/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Penguinjim
Arms for now.

What sort of DPS should I be getting in my gear with a 310 weapon? When I tried playing it I could only hit like 6k on the dummy.

There's no way to know. Use simcraft as a benchmark. Just know you won't be able to hit the exact number they give you.
If you're only doing normal/heroic it really doesn't matter; just play what you enjoy. Arms is ahead of fury at this point but not by a significant margin, and beyond that, there's still going to be a tuning pass before mythic opens so we don't know which spec will fall where.
Either one is good, arms is slightly ahead on ST, and a decent bit ahead for large aoe (especially burst) Fury is better on 4/5 target cleave, and they're pretty much equal on 2/3 target cleave. Also depends a lot on the situation.

The two are close enough, that if you practice with both and are noticeably better at one, you'll do far better with that one. Arms does have the edge currently. All pending the mythic tuning next week or the week after
The devs are changing anything they want on a whim. It’s pretty pathetic, have fun grinding 3x of every Azerite set for when they nerf traits in hotfixes day by day. Don’t take this game too seriously cause the devs don’t.
08/30/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Theranes
The devs are changing anything they want on a whim. It’s pretty pathetic, have fun grinding 3x of every Azerite set for when they nerf traits in hotfixes day by day. Don’t take this game too seriously cause the devs don’t.

Just another angry troll. Move along, folks.
08/30/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Penguinjim

Nice trinket, will be a shame when they hotfix it this week.
Play what you enjoy.
Honestly I don’t get why folks need a nod of approval to verify what to do.
Test each spec and see what you enjoy best.
08/30/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Theranes

Nice trinket, will be a shame when they hotfix it this week.

It's okay, I got a bunch more I can use :)

I mean, he does have a point. Sure, Seismic Wave deserved a nerf but if they nerf Lord of War in turn and force us to use the generic, all-spec traits like Thunderous Blast, it's going to be a problem.

If he's an angry troll, then you're a Blizzard apologist.

It still feels like we're beta testing the expansion for them and if you can't at least see my point of view on that, I'd say that you're just as closed-minded as that fella.
yea spec viability changes all the time.
Dps war can be top during one raid and bottom the next.
Who knows what blizz does...

Just play whichever spec u prefer.
U will be happier doing it too.
Who gives a sh'. I played Arms almost every expansion regardless of the "flavor of the month". I enjoy it. If you like Furry then by all means be Furry. As far as I go...Arms til the end of WoW.

Edit: Yes, I know it's spelled Fury.
Fury is too fun for me. Hitting fast, always having something to press, it's so satisfying. Arms..not so much. Sure I'll hit harder, but Fury keeps me going. Even if my dps is lower than it could be (single target sucks), I'll still have fun doing it.
Play arms, keep every piece of mythic gear you get, and raid gear you get, dont scrap any item that is 340+ until 8.1 when blizzard fixes all the classes and hopfully get traits sorted.

Arms is the way to go, iirc, most of the time warriors follow the same pattern for DPS, Arms->fury->arms as the exp progresses.
Think I'm going Fury. It's too fun. I love the meaty, big hits of Arms and I don't mind playing Arms at all. It's just I find Fury so much fun to play that it's hard to pass up.
Fury is my preferred play style BUT the DPS I put out with Arms is better. I am currently running Arms and hoping that Fury gets buffed next week so I can switch back.

Btw your Merektha's Fang just got nerfed, and your other trinkets are next
lmao
and you forgot to use the word toxic, plus another buzzword
Im playing amrs at the moment, but it sucks when rage go zero. Im planning play fury only for fun, hitting my head on keyboard and being happy.