Blizzard addressing how easy melee have it?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Regarding mechanics? There's a reason most guilds are constantly struggling to find RDPS. I'm just correlating and putting the two and two together here. Because as it stands right now it's unbalanced and downright broken to the point that most M+ teams stack melee and only bring one ranged to be the "mechanic !@#$%".

These developers haven't the slightest clue on how much harder ranged have it. I'm honestly sick of it. Get your act together.
They added three melee classes, and changed a spec to melee. Hopefully ranged gets their time in the sun soon.
As opposed to like 90% of the other pve group content in the game since launch where range dps get to afk in one spot pewpewing with minimal movement while melee are required to constantly move out of dps range and then run back to avoid 1 shot mechanics and cleave and having to follow the boss when being kited

Range dps have it WAY easier in pve aside from very specific fights
08/31/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Kayberz
As opposed to like 90% of the other pve group content in the game since launch where range dps get to afk in one spot pewpewing with minimal movement while melee are required to constantly move out of dps range and then run back to avoid 1 shot mechanics and cleave and having to follow the boss when being kited

Deluded.
08/31/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Plusev
08/31/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Kayberz

Deluded.
most fights the melee and range have to deal with the same mechanics, except the melee are often forced to interrupt their dps to physically move out of things that cause them to not be in melee range, while range rarely are forced out of dps uptime

Most range dps "mechanics" is just simply tab targeting to an add that would even further inconvenience melee every once in awhile, hardly demanding

Fights like yazra and the golden serpent are WAY easier for range
Most range dps "mechanics" is just simply tab targeting to an add that would even further inconvenience melee every once in awhile hardly demanding

Lol, no.
Melee doesn’t have it any easier. This is simply a ‘grass is greener ‘ observation.
I have played both a Warrior/DK and a Mage/ELE Shaman through multiple xpacs. Ranged have it easier than melee in mythics/raids. There are so many times where melee DPS drops cause they have to "get out" all the while the ranged continue to pew pew.

Also Arcane/Frost Mages are KILLING it in DPS in mythics right now. I also see Hunters doing great.

Ranged dps have it WAY easier in pve aside from very specific fights

Yeah seriously I play mostly ranged, at least in legion this was a big issue, melee just had to deal with a much higher skill ceiling to avoid things. There were some advantages, I always have an easier time interrupting and knowing the mechanics better as melee since they are happening instantly in my face, but still.

And as a healer, melee just take more damage regularly. I don't blame them.
08/30/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Plusev
Regarding mechanics? There's a reason most guilds are constantly struggling to find RDPS. I'm just correlating and putting the two and two together here. Because as it stands right now it's unbalanced and downright broken to the point that most M+ teams stack melee and only bring one ranged to be the "mechanic !@#$%".

These developers haven't the slightest clue on how much harder ranged have it. I'm honestly sick of it. Get your act together.
Lol, no.
08/31/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Kasmiya
Most range dps "mechanics" is just simply tab targeting to an add that would even further inconvenience melee every once in awhile hardly demanding

Lol, no.

Lol, yes? Am I doing arguments right?
08/31/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Sybille
Melee doesn’t have it any easier. This is simply a ‘grass is greener ‘ observation.
This.

08/31/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Lîn
Lol, yes? Am I doing arguments right?
This is the forums. Yessir.
08/31/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Ulrok
I have played both a Warrior/DK and a Mage/ELE Shaman through multiple xpacs. Ranged have it easier than melee in mythics/raids. There are so many times where melee DPS drops cause they have to "get out" all the while the ranged continue to pew pew.

Also Arcane/Frost Mages are KILLING it in DPS in mythics right now. I also see Hunters doing great.

So many issues with this post.

#1 melee drops are made up for by them mostly doing higher dps during time on target. The ability to continue dps on some fights doesnt overtake the much higher burst when on target.

Also has it occurred to you that mages are simply overtuned? 2 specs in the top 8 would suggest thats likely true. 8 of the top 10 parsing specs right now are either melee or mage.

Noone has it easies, its just different. Ive mained ranged for as long as ive played these games, this is the first time ive played more melee (SV) ever, and there is really very little difference in my opinion, its just a different style.

You play melee you exect to have to move, its how its played. Why do you think you have 87 gap closers?

You obviously haven't played ranged in the last few xpac cause ranged is harder than melee now for sure. There are generally more ranged mechanics and its harder to keep your damage high while doing mechanics on ranged.
LOL at the idea of people purposefully stacking groups to be melee heavy. Is there a single healer on these forums that wouldn't skewer you for even suggesting such bull!@#$?
08/31/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Kuuhaku
LOL at the idea of people purposefully stacking groups to be melee heavy. Is there a single healer on these forums that wouldn't skewer you for even suggesting such bull!@#$?

I rather have 3 hunters all scattered around, all their pets taunting and at the end all of them blaming healer when things go south.
08/31/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Kuuhaku

Some Healers in my guild often say they prefer to heal melee heavy groups because of healing rain, atonement, barriers, efflorescence, holy word circle thing, holy pally stuff all hit melee passively/easily and not ranged, ranged also tend to have less suvivibility cds than melee these days
08/31/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Ditsi

You obviously haven't played ranged in the last few xpac cause ranged is harder than melee now for sure. There are generally more ranged mechanics and its harder to keep your damage high while doing mechanics on ranged.

Or you haven't played melee. I have actually played my mage in the last 3 xpacs and done mythics/raids. I have also either played a DK or Warrior in the last 3 xpacs in both raids and mythics. Ranged have it slightly easier than melee in mythics/raids. It's my opinion. But I have to pay closer attention to mechanics when I'm melee.

In fact in Legion I played Mage for the first part of the xpac and got lazy with mechanics. When my Frost DK finally got some buffs, I switched over and had a rude awakening to mythic/raid mechanics and had to pay closer attention.

Either way this is a stupid argument. People get butt hurt about the dumbest things
08/30/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Plusev

Nice troll post lol