Blizzard addressing how easy melee have it?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Clearly you haven’t done kings rest, freehold, siege of boralus, Tol Dagor, or the Underrot.

Kings Rest jas more anti melee mechanics than all of Legion’s dungeons combined.
08/31/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Ulrok
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You obviously haven't played ranged in the last few xpac cause ranged is harder than melee now for sure. There are generally more ranged mechanics and its harder to keep your damage high while doing mechanics on ranged.

Or you haven't played melee. I have actually played my mage in the last 3 xpacs and done mythics/raids. I have also either played a DK or Warrior in the last 3 xpacs in both raids and mythics. Ranged have it slightly easier than melee in mythics/raids. It's my opinion. But I have to pay closer attention to mechanics when I'm melee.

In fact in Legion I played Mage for the first part of the xpac and got lazy with mechanics. When my Frost DK finally got some buffs, I switched over and had a rude awakening to mythic/raid mechanics and had to pay closer attention.

Either way this is a stupid argument. People get butt hurt about the dumbest things

It may be easier to get gibbed as melee but what I'm saying is ranged have more frequent and complex mechanics and it's harder to keep up your rotation/dmg while moving to do the mechanics.
08/31/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Ditsi

It may be easier to get gibbed as melee but what I'm saying is ranged have more frequent and complex mechanics and it's harder to keep up your rotation/dmg while moving to do the mechanics.

I will give you that, when ranged have their rotations messed up, it is harder to get going than melee. I will agree with you on that.
RDPS have their moments to shine.

On Eyyyy-onar, you can have two Ele's sit on the ledge and nuke the bats out of the sky.

On portal keeper it's nice to be able to kill those damned imps without worrying about lazers as much. As Ele, imps may as well not exist.

On Coven you can easily dot up both and continue pumping out dps while melee have to wait out mechanics like Storm of Darkness.
This post has sooo many wrong things. Starting with a guy posting in a naked alt and all that means to a serious person.

Please, tell me how many affixes in Myth+ are hard for ranged people. Maybe 1. For melee all of them are dangerous.

Same with bosses. Tell me what Legion bosses require a lot of mechanics from ranged people.
This whole thread seems pretty misguided from both sides for the most part. I've played every role except healer at a relatively high level, these are my observations.

Melee absolutely have it easier in raids minus a few specific bosses (star augur comes to mind). Don't use mage to counter this, shimmer is ridiculously broken and we already know that.

Ranged absolutely have it easier in mythic+ & Islands.

The idea that people are "stacking" melee in anything but low keys is absurd outside of extremely organized groups like the MDI.
Is this a serious post?
so troll, every fight is easier with 2 range 1 melee, only bring the melee for the extra interrupt, i love how 9 out of 10 trash mobs have some sort of melee range aoe cleave/blind/poison/stun/root that never even touches the ranged player

anyone can faceroll mythic 0 but blizzard better address how anti melee the dungeons are or only the token rogue for group stealth will be taken in mythic +15's
Is this a troll post? Ranged have ALWAYS had an easier time with PvE mechanics. There are and always have been more mechanics that melee have to avoid than ranged. Don't think so? Nothing is stopping you from being in melee range of any fight as a ranged DPS. Go ahead and try that.
08/31/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Ulrok

I will give you that, when ranged have their rotations messed up, it is harder to get going than melee. I will agree with you on that.

except for a lot of melee mechanics force melee to run out of range of being able to DPS the boss at all.
08/30/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Usutu
They added three melee classes, and changed a spec to melee. Hopefully ranged gets their time in the sun soon.
It blows my mind how you still need to stand still to cast most spells in this game, that should have been flipped a long time ago. First and foremost.
09/01/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Yogzula
Is this a troll post? Ranged have ALWAYS had an easier time with PvE mechanics. There are and always have been more mechanics that melee have to avoid than ranged. Don't think so? Nothing is stopping you from being in melee range of any fight as a ranged DPS. Go ahead and try that.
Yeah, once upon a time. Now ranged are also always on the move. Not to mention melee classes have 9000 ways to sustain damage, gtfo, or heal themselves now.
08/30/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Plusev
These developers haven't the slightest clue on how much harder ranged have it. I'm honestly sick of it. Get your act together.

WOA ARE YOU KIDDING. My hunters all 3 specs can out kill and out survive my warrior or my monk by a long shot. Somewhat because of gear I am sure, my hunter will get killed 1/6 to 1/10 the number of times that my mages will in the same areas. I know that the hunters kill the enemies way faster than the mages do. My Pali, Druid, and Shaman are good but not quiet as good as my hunters. I have a DH specked as tank and he does survive well but it takes him longer to kill which is not so bad because he does not spend 20 to 30 minutes recovering his body in an hour.
08/31/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Veilstrike
Clearly you haven’t done kings rest, freehold, siege of boralus, Tol Dagor, or the Underrot.

WOW those examples that you gave are unfamiliar to me and sound like dungeons and raids. For those of us who do not stab old ladies, drown littler babies, do dungeons or run raids they are insignificant. I suspect that you did not spend 30 hours or more solo questing to complete Drust Do It., and when you did do it you probabaly got killed a lot less than the 187 times That my mele fire mage did.
09/01/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Grimmwolfe
08/30/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Usutu
They added three melee classes, and changed a spec to melee. Hopefully ranged gets their time in the sun soon.
It blows my mind how you still need to stand still to cast most spells in this game, that should have been flipped a long time ago. First and foremost.

LOL some of us stand still for most fighting because the time required to get out of fight mode , go into move mode, find a good location to plant, go back into fight mode and resume fighting is often just not worth spending.

If you have a ranged class why do you even bother taking all of the time out of fighting to move at all. Spend a few second before hand to PLANT AND ANCHOR start the fight and when it is over you can move.
08/31/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Shamxd
This whole thread seems pretty misguided from both sides for the most part. I've played every role except healer at a relatively high level, these are my observations.

Now I think I understand why the differences exist My experiences and observations DO NOT INCLUDE anything which happens in dungeons or raids, so anything that I may mention relates strictly to SOLO questing which has proven to be extremely deadly for squishy mele toons in this expansion.
It seems to me that the differences in needs and abilities between solo questing and group instances is the gap here, and probabaly anything that Blizz could do to help one might hurt the other. Perhaps they should work on different specializations for instances only. Perhaps different gear sets as they did in PVP. Certainly it does not seem fair to do something which hurts solo players just to make it easier for the gang banger players who already have the advantages of numbers.
09/01/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Yogzula
Don't think so? Nothing is stopping you from being in melee range of any fight as a ranged DPS. Go ahead and try that.

A lot of mechanics ONLY target ranged, a ranged standing in melee is often detrimental to the raid because of this. It's not simply a positional advantage.
09/01/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Holylionmike
It seems to me that the differences in needs and abilities between solo questing and group instances is the gap here, and probabaly anything that Blizz could do to help one might hurt the other. Perhaps they should work on different specializations for instances only. Perhaps different gear sets as they did in PVP. Certainly it does not seem fair to do something which hurts solo players just to make it easier for the gang banger players who already have the advantages of numbers.

yeah no offense at all but I dont think anyone here is talking about solo leveling content, im talking about mythic raids and higher keystones mainly