Should we be able to...

Classic Discussion
kite world bosses to cities again?
I hope so.
i vote yes
Spontaneous events creating epic moments? Sign me up.
I would like to see this happen. Although, we will probably tire of it before too long
It wouldn't be vanilla without it.
hell ya. I still remember someone kitting kazzak to stormwind, there's probably a video from 2006 on youtube. God that was epic seeing all those shadowbolts flying everywhere since there were a lot of ppl in stormwind.
08/31/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Tir
I would like to see this happen. Although, we will probably tire of it before too long

I think that would be the end result.
Maybe a bored GM will drop one in a citie?
You are assuming people will remain benign in Classic. I know a few people in vanilla that would kite the world bosses to some desolate outposts where no one goes to quest and the constantly respawning NPCs would kept the bosses there till the whole server reset during maintenance. That server chat would constantly have people asking if the world boss respawn timer was bugged or something as people had not seen it respawned in days.
There's always infernal dropping in goldshire/brill
Absolutely, I also think they should allow one day for the ZG blood plague to be spreadable. They can always do a soft cap for world bosses to despawn in major cities after a set time if people arent able to kill him.
CORRUPTED BLOOD?!?! >:)
Yes please.
08/31/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Andonus
Absolutely, I also think they should allow one day for the ZG blood plague to be spreadable. They can always do a soft cap for world bosses to despawn in major cities after a set time if people arent able to kill him.

if they do the zg plague again, i wouldnt be surprised if scientists study the event again seeing that people will most likely know that is going to occur.
08/31/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Relnishiel
CORRUPTED BLOOD?!?! >:)
Yes please.

I doubt it. That got hot fixed pretty quick. It was a once in a lifetime event IMO.
I lean toward yes, with a caveat.

The caveat is that it would require adding a mechanism to end the assault within a reasonable amount of time (whether we call that 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour). Back when this was possible, it required tickets and a GM's direct action to bring it to an end, disrupting the game for many people potentially for long stretches of time. Do we really want to find out how low priority WOW: Classic is on a GM list because it takes days to despawn a world boss that got kited to a major city?

(Not the ZG plague, though. Just the awareness it exists would alter the behavior, increasing the number who deliberately try to be the one to infect others, as well as changing where some people even log out/in.)
08/31/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Malgrinn
kite world bosses to cities again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtsFyq3WMXA

Once upon a time back in December 2005. Merry Christmas to the Horde, It's always better to give than receive.

I apologize for the really low resolution, no one could store high resolution video in any duration back then.
I'd say yes, but let's keep this part in PvP servers only and if people doesn't want to go through that then they can go on a pve server. Solves the problem for both sides that wants and don't want it.
Yes! Things like this were always something I loved. Don't put restrictions on these wonderful community created events.
I hope so. This time around people should just be aware of what is happening. If you see the other faction kiting a world boss then others should be notified. You could easily get some people together and stop them from kiting that boss to your city.

There is no reason for the GM's to be getting involved in something that can be dealt with by the players.

Although after writing this I just remembered that there are PvE servers. So if they have no way of stopping the opposing faction from bringing one of these bosses to a city then maybe you should not be able to do this on a PvE server.