Tabard vs Scapula question

General Discussion
I've learned recently, that the item of clothing many of us wear over our armor, the thing we call a "tabard" isn't actually a tabard. It's called a "Scapula" and is typically denotes religious following.

An actual tabard doesn't look like a scapula, and is more like a... erm... "sandwich board" if you will for knights to display their coat of arms.

I wonder if Blizz would ever correct the name of the Tabard and call it a Scapula, and then introduce actual tabards as a different design that essentially fulfills the same purpose, but with a different aesthetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBX_SAyj2U
And bloodelves dont exist irl. SHHHHHHH
Why not post in the original post rather than create your own? Attention needs?
08/30/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Gaidenrah
I've learned recently, that the item of clothing many of us wear over our armor, the thing we call a "tabard" isn't actually a tabard. It's called a "Scapula" and is typically denotes religious following.
Have you yet learned that nothing about the armor or clothing worn by any character in WoW is remotely similar to what real people wear?

Or did you think shoulders with spikes that are tipped with flame was a common medieval fashion statement?
But it's been a tabard for my druid, priest, mage and locks.
I'd imagine it was for shammies too.

I was more concerned my cooking apron was in the tabard mog collection.
when probably 90% of people know "scapula" as the shoulderblade (and according to wikipedia what you're talking about is a scapular unless scapula is like, plural or something) i don't think that would be a very good decision

also who cares none of the in-game armor is how any of it works in real life anyway. also i'm a goblin