Arms sucks...

Warrior
09/02/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Treng
You didn't understand how it worked then.The secret to beating MoP Second Wind was to save your CDs for when the warrior was at 35% HP. You burst at the end, not the beginning.

I'm well aware of how the talent worked. I won multiple arenas and duels because the other person couldn't out damage the passive heal I get because I'm almost dead. The talent was busted and there is literally no possible way you can deny that fact.
Well i'm ilvl 335 and i dont think it sucks at all
09/02/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Beiyne
09/02/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Treng
You didn't understand how it worked then.The secret to beating MoP Second Wind was to save your CDs for when the warrior was at 35% HP. You burst at the end, not the beginning.

I'm well aware of how the talent worked. I won multiple arenas and duels because the other person couldn't out damage the passive heal I get because I'm almost dead. The talent was busted and there is literally no possible way you can deny that fact.
Sounds like the people you fought didn't save their CDs for 35% then. CDs were enough to beat it down.
To the people that don’t get it, he’s talking about pvp, and he’s right, we’re garbage tier in 1v1s, with no way to heal ourselves, you just hope you damage someone down enough to kill them, but often times that doesn’t happen because they’ll use an immunity, or heal themselves.
You want to complain about Arms warrior? Lemme tell you what suffering is, Survival hunter is the 2nd best spec to leveling this expansion and it's still 4 times slower in time to kill than an arms warrior. it took me a day to clear a single zone while questing on this character and on my arms warrior it took me only 1 hour to 100% the same zone because I could just walk in, bulk wipe mobs, and keep going.

Yes its a pain in the !@# killing other players because of all the CC and healers with multiple full health retaining abilities. Fury Warrior is comically over powered with their healing against an arms warrior because they can repeatedly full heal themselves through our mortal strike debuff. But if you're doing PVP you shouldn't be going in solo in the first place, you place a single healer onto an arms warrior and you are going to end up fighting 2 v 10 and winning because we're just that $%^-ing monstrous in combat.
I'm not looking forward to the scale up when my arms warrior hits 120, but at 115 PVE is a breeze. I've also been playing with war mode on just to get a feel for pvp, but I've not run into any for some reason.
Last time I enjoyed playing a warrior this much was when I hit titan grip on that talent tree.
09/02/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Beiyne
09/02/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Aelas
Just want mop second wind.

Maybe if it had the ever loving hell nerfed out of it. MoP Second Wind was one of the most cancerous things ever, and that's coming from an Arms Warrior main.

I personally haven't had any struggles at all while playing Arms this expansion. There's only ever been one Elite mob I couldn't solo, and I maintained pulling packs of 6-10 mobs while leveling.

In PvP I do a ridiculous amount of pressure in a small window, and the only classes that really give me grief are Hunters and Frost Mages. I'm not sure what y'all are doing wrong but it's a big yikes from me if you're having that much issue.

Literally anyone that can self heal will give you problems and are smart enough to fight back will give you a hard time. In the end, they only need to do 100k damage to you while you have to do 250k+ damage to them.
09/03/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Testese
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Maybe if it had the ever loving hell nerfed out of it. MoP Second Wind was one of the most cancerous things ever, and that's coming from an Arms Warrior main.

I personally haven't had any struggles at all while playing Arms this expansion. There's only ever been one Elite mob I couldn't solo, and I maintained pulling packs of 6-10 mobs while leveling.

In PvP I do a ridiculous amount of pressure in a small window, and the only classes that really give me grief are Hunters and Frost Mages. I'm not sure what y'all are doing wrong but it's a big yikes from me if you're having that much issue.

Literally anyone that can self heal will give you problems and are smart enough to fight back will give you a hard time. In the end, they only need to do 100k damage to you while you have to do 250k+ damage to them.

The major problem is we aint doing 250k+ damage to them, and sometimes I think we are back into world of roguecraft, we end up just dead before the chain stun end... or chain kite...or heal and tank warrior damage these days
MoP second wind was passive and a bandaid fix. As a war yes it felt good to heal DURING a cc because as a war !@#$ cc right?

In my opinion warrior needs some skills made baseline again. I rolled a warrior on release because we were described as being competent fighters with the ability to deal with different combat situations. For example we had disarm, shield block, later spell reflect, berserker rage. All these abilities gave us the option to deal with different problems and the more skilled a warrior was the better he could recognize when to swap to sword and board or go offensive.

In this expansion every class seems to have one solid self heal that heals for a lot. Warriors do not and I don't mind that IF and only IF we had options for mitigating the damage that we won't be able to heal.

Disarm should be baseline so we can deal with melee like paladin and dk who can heal or bubble and rogues who can reset a fight when trinkets are down. A well timed disarm should be rewarded with the chance to still stay in a fight after those situations. The pvp trait that could replace disarm SHOULD be shattering throw. right now only 3 traits are truly viable and disarm is just for warriors that are soloing and understand that they need another defensive. Why people subscibe to the idea that after a paladin bubbles heals to full and you are supposed to always lose that matchup unless you pillar hump in the arena is stupid and an excuse to let bad design continue.

We also NEED spell reflect, if its too powerful then just make the arms spell reflect one spell rather than reflect all spells for 3 seconds or make it reflect two spells or something less powerful than prots spell reflect. The pvp trait should be mass spell reflect.

Die by the sword is just too brainless and easy easy to see coming. Why all our defensives have to have these huge graphical tells that are also ugly ( D stance im looking at you ) is beyond me. Its also on 3 min cd and without it and having to use second wind to not be completely useless after winning one fight in a bg since no one is going to heal you, you are a sitting duck and being melee you are usually fighting amongst the cleave of the opponent.

With bleeds and magic and poisons, plate doesn't mean a damn thing anymore unless the mages start auto attacking us. BLizzard might as well remove all healing from a warrior and just increase the stamina on all plate as well as give us defensives. If you're going to put a big !@# shield graphic and shield in our hand when we are in D stance then let us $%^-ing use shield block. It already costs a ton of rage and we would be sacrificing rage to defend ourselves rather than attack. It would present the class with options and on the fly descision making to stay alive and truly fight. My entire post was about the arms spec btw. That would really split up the warrior classes and make it a clean distinct difference in style of play.

Arms could be the tactical strategic spec that revolves around proper uses of our abilities to open up and cause burst damage and Fury could be that BRUTAL RAWWR savage spec revolving around non stop incoming damage self healing and self buffing attack power type playstyle the longer you are fighting the stronger a fury warrior should get. Then the class would really be interesting and lore like.
MAKE ARMS WARRIOR GREAT AGAIN
I would be nice if Arms had either Impending Victory as a baseline skill or if we had some kind of mid-direction self heal.

Don't understand why they can't just make Second Wind the old one where we get 30% health back over 6ish seconds or what ever. Litterally 2 other classes have a self heal just like that.

Other then that Id just REALLY REALLY like to have SHATTERING THROW back...
It urks the **** outta me that only Priests can break immunes.

No reason Warriors shouldn't have it other then classes with immunes complaining about it.
The guy that almost responded to you in every single sentence was kinda wrong. He gave you a list for example of people we can easily kill, which is not true. first of all, what kind of dumb !@# rogue goes in to pvp as outlaw, second thing, when he says everyone has a 15 second pummel, he is also wrong. for example, warriors have 2 or 3, but its hard since its global cool down with other abilities, you can stun ( if you pick it ) you can fear, if you are willing to sacrifice it, you can also pummel. But other players have way way way way way more abilities that can interrupt the casting of a spell user.
09/05/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Swinetooth
The guy that almost responded to you in every single sentence was kinda wrong. He gave you a list for example of people we can easily kill, which is not true. first of all, what kind of dumb !@# rogue goes in to pvp as outlaw, second thing, when he says everyone has a 15 second pummel, he is also wrong. for example, warriors have 2 or 3, but its hard since its global cool down with other abilities, you can stun ( if you pick it ) you can fear, if you are willing to sacrifice it, you can also pummel. But other players have way way way way way more abilities that can interrupt the casting of a spell user.

Pretty sure all other classes have more meaningful defensive CDs than a frontal cone parry against melee attacks on a 3 minute CD as well.
08/31/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Ferronyte
08/30/2018 11:55 PMPosted by Daizengar
Arm currently I believe is the most easiest class to be killed

Depends what you are fighting. If it can heal yes, but that's the same issue with every other not healing spec.

I dont find myself doing a lot more damage in Arm spec compare to Fury

Arms is significantly better in M+.

Fury can constantly heal itself and keep killing

K but the game isn't balanced around questing and dueling.

possible solo some elite with the self healing

I had no issues soloing any mobs.

Priest suppose to be the squishiest class, somehow its the hardest to kill right now

Not just an issue for warriors.

Warrior, suppose to be tanky, likely the easiest class to be killed right now

Not really.

only 1 stun which require talents point

I do agree that not having a baseline stun is irritating.

a long 15sec cd on pummel

As does every other interrupt.

charge no longer stun

It roots

which almost make pummel useless

So that would mean interrupts are weak, because all interrupts are 15s.

they can eventually heal back to full before your next pummel cd is up

Because priest are broken rn.

Rend, dont know if anyone will spec into it, but I like it personally before I figure out rend no longer break rogue stealth??

It does

at least make rend damage scale with mastery.

Our mastery affects deep wounds. It would be like asking for Living bomb to be effected by fire mages mastery.

Compare to DK and Pally, I feel like warriors are wearing cloth instead of plate

Pallies yes, Dks no

DK and Pally get more different sort of CD to make themselves harder along with self heal

Die by the sword and rallying cry

while warrior have to go into def stance,,take less damage while do less damage,

20% damage reduced while dealing 10% less damage which can be toggled. Seems good to me.

and hope someone will show up, throw u a heal before you die, otherwise, you die anyway, which is another useless talents while you are alone.

Comes down to if you are trying to fight a priest, you are going to lose like everyone else.

Arm Warrior currently is like, dont do a lot of damage

Maybe you dont.

very easy to kill

Maybe use rallying cry, die by the sword, or intimidating shout for some cc.

cant chain a perfect rotation to someone kill someone

Use your burst more effectively then.

I reckon create some sort of held offhand, to provide extra armor and stats can help warrior output more damage and get more health and armor

That would make warriors imbalanced.

I seen rogue got more health then warrior do

It's called gear.

Seems these days all armor type get similar health pool other then Tank

Because tank gear has stam on it.

Furthermore, people often complain, oh warrior wear plate is so hard to kill and I m only wearing cloth

Because they use their cooldowns effectively.

SPELL GO THROUGH PLATE NO MATTER HOW MANY ARMOR WARRIOR GOT!!!

Spell reflect then.

I like to pvp as arm, I cant say I m very good, but I m not bad either

mhm

I dont know what I can kill other then another Arms warrior (without a healer).

Off the top of my head.
Ele shaman
Enh shaman
Outlaw rogues
Assassination rogues
Warlocks in general
Arcane and fire mages, frost is a pain if not spec correctly
Balance druids
Feral druids
Death knights
Hunters
Shadow priest
Holy priests
Resto druids
MW monks
Demon hunters

As a warrior, the only things you should really have any issue killing yourself are Paladins, Disc priests, and resto shamans.

You know you don't need to make a post take up the entire page to make your position known, right? And you barely did that despite your massive post. That's actually sad.

The funniest part is you said the problems he encountered as a warrior are the same issues other non healing classes have, by which you mean literally no other class, because they all have far better tools for survival even if their main damage abilities have a 40 yard range.

The biggest problem with warriors is that for their burst to be effective they need to hope to god they get the one useful azerite trait on all three pieces, whereas I have yet to see it on even one. I'm stacking +speed and damage on bladestorm right now because I have no other choice. I miss playing the game the way I wanted to and being rewarded for making the right choices. Now blizzard has locked me into the wrong one seemingly permanently and my gameplay suffers.

I also liked how the list of classes you think warriors beat head to head, but of course only with triple lord of war, all have the same or better mobility, better sustain, and near equal damage. Better CC, too, aside from the healers you listed which is equally funny. I would love to see you kill a MW monk even if he gave you a perfect burst window and didn't just stun you as soon as you pop cooldowns and dash away when you bladestorm.

I think the best part of it all is talking about this issue, being that more than half of the cast is living the old warrior class fantasy now while we're bursting for less than half of a rogue, is mentioning it gets you ridiculed by other warriors who swear they're doing great, even when you're doing far more DPS than them while still noticing the shortcomings of the class. People just love feeling superior but don't even remember what it looks like anymore, so I'll tell you.

If you think I should be able to defeat a rogue that kills me in his opener if retaliation is down, vanishes if it's up, can't be pulled back out of vanish by bleeds for 5 seconds, and probably thinks it's hilarious that I don't have demoralizing shout anymore, you're living in a fantasy world. That is what imbalanced PVP looks like. It's all around you right now. And telling him to spell reflect, which is now on a 25 second cooldown is doubly funny, because whereas reflecting a pyroblast in TBC would one shot the mage, reflecting something of the same weight in this expansion goes back for about a fifth of the damage. Been this way since WOD. Near useless PVP talent.
And to think, the Nerf bat is coming. Feelsbadman.
08/31/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Avrek
Arms does the most damage in PvP right now.

Courtesy of blade storm and deep wounds. Great.
09/06/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Razaell
08/31/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Avrek
Arms does the most damage in PvP right now.

Courtesy of blade storm and deep wounds. Great.
They kneecapped our right leg last nerf, now they're coming back for our left.
09/06/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Treng

They also buffed our deep wounds.
09/06/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Buggylol
09/06/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Treng

They also buffed our deep wounds.

I sure hope they can keep gutting our kit and lowering the value of each of our abilities in favor of deep wounds. A mechanic that works in the background slowly draining their health is exactly what warriors have always been about.

Thank you.
Can anyone give me some tips? I'm getting crushed. I feel so fragile in bg's while also getting kited and rooted to oblivion.