Feral's problems are many...

Druid
09/04/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Tical
Nah... forget that halfassed cowardly reply.

You’re the one who came in here swinging big !***%%@#, talking about ilvl and the right to talk endgame content. (cause your one week progression in 5mans is soooooo impressive, rofl)

You keep quoting my original comment, yet I feel you still don’t truly understand it. So let me spell it out for you.

Op feels that your/our? Lack of pvp kills doesn’t make us “real players”.

Op feels that pve is scripted content that is mindless and unchallenging vs pvp. (Although I’d argue that every arena match is scripted for each comp). Same stuff, different pile.

Op thinks that our class is broken and that the only viable option right now it to rally the “feral army” and boycott the class until blizzard (already has) makes changes to the class.

I don’t agree with any of that. I’m quite positive that you (and others) don’t agree either. Hence my original comment.

He most certainly does not speak for me, and I will happily be playing my class despite any temporary shortcommings it currently has.

One of the problems with blizz is that they only listen if we yell and provide tons of proof that classes are , in fact, in a bad enough spot. Sitting back and just waiting for the adjustments to happen doesn't really work and pretty much why classes get shafted for long periods of time. Same as why when a class becomes a joke of the community, Blizz will try to put bandaid fixes until they feel it's ok enough. (at least this is how I feel, it could be just a coincidence and they've been trying it for awhile)

They've done this with shamans and are currently doing it with Ferals. We shall see if there's further adjustments if these changes weren't good enough. As long as it's constructive criticism as well with the feedback , It should help.

I think, currently, the class isn't how they want it either. They mentioned the hidden haste and didn't want that to be a part of it, but people are gearing for haste currently so they don't want to change that just yet. I'm expecting them to make changes to the crit side of things to help balance out the energy regen and play style.
09/05/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Dralonis
One of the problems with blizz is that they only listen if we yell and provide tons of proof that classes are , in fact, in a bad enough spot. Sitting back and just waiting for the adjustments to happen doesn't really work and pretty much why classes get shafted for long periods of time.

I agree with you 100%

That is why this week has been so important.
We now have actual live data from raids from talented players who can play the class. They have physical proof of their complaints.
That is how progress is made.

This thread however, is not that.

Feral dps is not forgiving. it punishes mistakes.
This has been nothing more than a band wagon of entitled players who are being punished. They would rather complain on a forum than spend 10 minutes on a dummy practicing their class. Op has even stated in another thread that all he can muster is a meager 5k dps, while the logs have proven that 10k+ is quite obtainable. He is being punished, and it brings great joy to me just reading about it.
09/06/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Tical
09/05/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Dralonis
One of the problems with blizz is that they only listen if we yell and provide tons of proof that classes are , in fact, in a bad enough spot. Sitting back and just waiting for the adjustments to happen doesn't really work and pretty much why classes get shafted for long periods of time.

I agree with you 100%

That is why this week has been so important.
We now have actual live data from raids from talented players who can play the class. They have physical proof of their complaints.
That is how progress is made.

This thread however, is not that.

This has been nothing more than a band wagon of entitled players who are being punished. They would rather complain on a forum than spend 10 minutes on a dummy practicing their class. Op has even stated in another thread that all he can muster is a meager 5k dps, while the logs have proven that 10k+ is quite obtainable. He is being punished, and it brings great joy to me just reading about it.

You should have taken the time to look at the OPs armory before posting this. 5k is actually good for that gear on a target dummy without raid buffs.

Feral is over 25% behind Rogues. A lot of practice may boost someone 5%, but not 25%.
I didnt say practice was going to equal rogues dps anywhere in that post.

Savage Roar and Bloodtalons is the playstyle that did punish mistakes in Legion. All these 10k DPS Feral's are running Bloodtalons, and you are punished if you don't.

I don't like the current state of Feral, I don't like that I may have to run Bloodtalons but I swapped to it as my main in BfA so I'll stick with it, just as I did when they butchered Unholy in Legion.

As for entitled players, well not everybody is going to bendover backwards when their favorite class feels bad to play.

09/06/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Tical
I didnt say practice was going to equal rogues dps anywhere in that post.

With that logic, nowhere in the OP did they say they speak for all Feral Druids.

This is the problem, if you are required to run Blood Talons/Lunar Inspiration to reach 10k, which is still thousands below the top, and its one of the most difficult to manage rotations. How are those who are not in the top 10% supposed to get groups/do decent raid dps.

I hate blood talons but with practice I might be able to get up there with dps. However I have a full time job and I would like to spend some time with my wife also. This game is about fun, not how many APM I can spend on my druid to reach 9k dps, when anyone else hits 2-3 buttons and are at 12.

I've been playing for years. If its blizzards opinion that I should be punished because I didn't pick the right talent and it should make my raid suffer(or kick me) because I didn't pick it. Then maybe this class isn't for me anymore.

ilvl 341, 6-7.9k dps depending on fights. This is far below the rogues/warriors/any melee in my group. I don't play a game to be punished.