Ranked PvP Item Levels

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Is there some particular reason gladiator level PvPers can't get 385 items consistently like mythic raiders?
09/05/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Akumos
Is there some particular reason gladiator level PvPers can't get 385 items consistently like mythic raiders?

Same reason why most of the Darkmoon Faire isn't the best source of gear. It's a mini-game.
As a 2800, Multi-Gladiator player. 2700+ Multi-Hero RBG player. And as a guy who's pushing 355 item-level currently.

I don't want PvE gear to have any place in PvP. I don't think gear should even matter in PvP to be honest. (Like if you threw on a set on tournament gear, and everyone had max stats and different gear / items to choose from that worked in rated arena and rated battlegrounds) Competetive PvP should be about skill, not who's the kid with the bigger stick

[To be dully noted I think gear should matter / belong in non-competetive environments, like world PvP, random BG's, skirms ext]

As a side concept if we did want gear to matter; PvP gear should always be better in PvP. And PvE gear should always be better in PvE. My crazy titanforged ring I got today should -NOT- be better in my heroic raids then my heroic raiding gear. Yet. It is. PvP gear (At BEST should be a helpful tool to get -INTO- PvE. Not be used as a complete substitute or upgrade for PvE) And my crazy 385+ piece I get from my +10 M+ box next week should -NOT- be better then in PvP then my PvP pieces.

TL;DR

If you're going to insist on gear having an impact in the competitive PvP world? At least separate it from the PvE gear. (As a result. Please add PvP vendors so we can effectively choose our PvP gear)

PS: even with pvp vendors there will always be a cookie cutter 'this is best' build. Only adding the 'illusion of choice' (I'm sorry but you wanting to be a special snowflake mastery-stacking ele sham is not good.) [Or just insert any other trash stat stack with X class]

tiny edit: but some of the gear I got today isn't showing up on my armory so might take a bit to show but I've gotten 360 gloves today and a 375 ring from PvP which are better then any pve gear so far
09/05/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Ythisens
Now that BFA Season 1 is underway, we’ve seen a number of questions about the item levels of various rewards and reward tiers. Here’s an outline of the current item levels you’ll see when you receive rewards from ranked PvP:

• Tier, Rating, End of Match iLvl, Weekly cache iLvl, Weekly Azerite item iLvl
  • Unranked, 0 – 1399, item level 340, item level 355, item level 355
  • Combatant, 1400 – 1599, item level 350, item level 365, item level 355
  • Challenger, 1600 – 1799, item level 360, item level 370, item level 370
  • Rival, 1800 – 2099, item level 365, item level 375, item level 370
  • Duelist, 2100 – 2399, item level 370, item level 380, item level 385
  • Gladiator, 2400+, item level 375, item level 385, item level 385

Some reminders:
End of match rewards are occasional.
For your weekly Azerite item Conquest turn-in, see Marshal Gabriel in the Salt and Shanty Inn near the Ashvane Docks in Boralus or Xander Silberman at Mugambala in Zandalar.
You’ll loot your weekly cache reward from a chest in that area.
The weekly cache items can Warforge/Titanforge.

Now go strike down your enemies!

Are the rewards based off of your highest bracket for the week or the bracket you ended the week with?
Wow, PvP actually gives good rewards and feels worthwhile this expansion.
This information is currently false, the end of match rewards are 5 item levels lower than you stated. The Rival (1800-2099) gear which I have gotten several pieces of is 360, not 365. Look at my ring and trinket in armory for proof.
09/05/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Teneros
I'm getting 325 drops while ranking up to 1400. I got one warforged 335 piece (this is not included the first 340 guaranteed piece).

Is this expected? According to the chart these 325 drops should be 340 drops.
Confused about this as well. Only got one 340 and since then everything has been 320 drops. Seeing multiple people getting showered with 340s in guild and other places.

You could say RNG is RNG, but given the state of the game right now I think it's fair to question if it is a bug. Like everything else lately.
Is there a reason why the 500 cap conquest reward is useless with my spec? EX: I'm sub but it's rewarding me an axe. Why? ,Is there a reason why the 500 cap conquest reward is useless with my spec? EX: I'm sub but it's rewarding me an axe. Why?
I like the system, but want to understand what you have to do to unlock the weekly chest for pvp.

For mythic plus, it's clear - complete any m+ dungeon and get rewards based on level completed.

For pvp, all I can find is how rating brackets affect reward ilvls. Nothing tells me how I actually enable the chest each week. Surely they don't just give it to you each week. What if I get 1801 rating first week and don't touch pvp for another month? Do I still get a weekly chest every week?
For your weekly Azerite item Conquest turn-in, see Marshal Gabriel in the Salt and Shanty Inn near the Ashvane Docks in Boralus or Xander Silberman at Mugambala in Zandalar.

Are the ilvls rewarded from these mechanisms based on your current rank/rating, or based on your highest rating for the week/previous week?
09/05/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Xinwugc
How come gladiator level players only get 385 ilvl? Currently I have 0 rating and wont even get close to 2400. I'll be struggling to get 2k at most at some point if shurikens dont destroy me. Yesterday I got a 370ilvl trinket from world boss for pressing buttons and randomly healing people for a few minutes. Rival's Duelists, and Gladiators grind their weekly for a piece of gear thats 370-385 and requires way more effort. Doesnt seem right.

That 385 piece is guaranteed to be at least 385 for gladiators. The world boss is just a chance at dropping 370 gear and requires your faction to hold the warfront, which may not even happen every week.
More usless items through RNG for pvp.... god this is stupid! Go back to the old ways where you buy vendor from merchant at specific ratings!
Is there any reason why we cant get clarification on the vicious saddle reward system?
09/05/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/05/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Suitcase
Does this mean there are two separate weekly rewards? One from conquest turn in and one from a chest? Still confused with this system, it needs further explaining.

There is two things yes. The End of Match reward and the Weekly Cache. The Cache is a chest at the two PvP hubs, which can reward Azerite items or non-Azerite items. Since Azerite items are set item levels that cannot Warforge or Titanforge that's why their item levels are listed out.

The table we made is a little misleading as we tried to format it as best as we could on these forums. The weekly reward and the Azerite are the same thing, if the weekly chest contained an Azerite piece that's the ilvl it would be.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/dread-gladiator-and-aspirant-transmog-armor-weapons
Why the colors of the aspìrant for the Horde are nt Horde¿?
Full Green and full Black?????
So I dont get it.. when you say weekly azerite conquest gear... is that the weapon we all got this week or is it an Azerite armor that we get some time...? Last time I checked daggers aren't azerite weapons... and the only things that are azerite things are the shoulders, chest, and helm. So can you clarify if it's the weapon that we get or a piece of azerite armor?
How come the hunter weekly reward is a bow? I play survival and I feel like I should be able to get a polearm. Is there a way that this can change so that the reward is based on your loot specialization? I'll be very upset if a system that is intended to make sure everyone can get their weapon the first week doesn't give me that.
relax. when you actually do your 500 conquest points, you will have a quest to turn in. once you turn in the quest you will be given the CHOICE to pick from several weapons not just the one you see in the honor tab. (there will be one for you spec)
Can confirm this information is incorrect.

Challenger rating and not receiving the appropriate ilvl gear. The conquest point reward as significantly lower than the loot that I do receive
Someone clarify I've seen it asked a couple times and no answers, do you have to get 500 Conquest points to get your chest for the week? Or does everybody get a chest no matter what just based off your rating
09/06/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Eldacar

Are the ilvls rewarded from these mechanisms based on your current rank/rating, or based on your highest rating for the week/previous week?

Bumping this. Even with customer service I couldn't get a 100% answer