Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000840

Technical Support
Hello, so for the last week or so, every time the game needs a patch downloaded, I get the error "Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000840" and i have to hard restart my computer in order to fix it. Any idea what may be causing this, and any long-term fixes so I don't have to restart every time a hotfix patch is pushed through?
Had the same issue this morning for the first time.
Same is Mordreg here. I was curious about that.
This keeps happening to me as well, and has happened to since the expansion has dropped. Any time there's a new update I have to restart the program quite a few times, restart my computer a few times, pray to rngesus, do a rain dance, and hope for the best. Eventually it works.

I've done this with admin on, with admin off. With the repair tool, without the repair tool. Etc. Nothing seems to stay in common with what needs to be done.
Bump for Blue
Tðmßrady,

Restarting your PC is the first suggestion to try when encountering this error.

https://support.blizzard.com/article/000023418

If that's fixing it for you, it would suggest some application that's running at the time is interfering with the patch process.

Did you run through the rest of the suggestions in that article yet? If it only occurs after an update is available, you may need to wait a bit before seeing if any steps you try help or not.
With your battle.net app open, go to Task Manager and search through processes for "WowVoiceProxy.exe" and end the process, then click update on the battle.net app. GLHF
09/06/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Schmex
With your battle.net app open, go to Task Manager and search through processes for "WowVoiceProxy.exe" and end the process, then click update on the battle.net app. GLHF

Thank you! Works!
09/06/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Scoopps

Thank you! Works!

Great! glad it worked for you :)

Worked for me too. Appreciate it!

Get this man a cookie, Stat!

You Are The BEST !!!!
Didn't work for me :*(