Did Activision take resources from WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
09/07/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Healalots
Quality hasn't dropped...and it's not Sunday yet.

Is this your first expansion?
09/07/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
09/06/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Druidbot
With the quality dropping lately, does the wow team have less to work with these days?

Activision has no say over Blizzard's budget for WoW. Activision and Blizzard are two separate business divisions of the holding company Activision Blizzard (there are like 3 others, including the one that owns Candy Crush).

But Blizz has to answer financially to the holding company. Who are the top folk there? Older Blizz folk or others?

Wait, here's your answer: https://www.activisionblizzard.com/board-of-directors

So, while technically Activision and Blizzard are two separate entities...they answer to the same folk. Which means, of course, budgets. Etc.
With all the moves the devs have done to slow players down. It does raise some questions, work hours taken from one dept and transferred to another game/dept. Would make sense at this point. Businesses do this all the time, even my job does this in order to cut back on cost to bring profits higher. By cutting man hours and offering very little to the consumer. I am sure its no different at blizz, each quarter labor hours are at a set number . In order to qualify for company bonuses they must keep the numbers low without going over. While trying to keep subs at a set number in order to meet sale goals.

Look at the place you work at for reference . They most likely do the same thing .
09/07/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Inun
Probably. Either that or blizzard had taken the money for their Diablo project. It's pretty clear this expansion was done with very little production value.

I think the whole "Made by gamers for gamers," thing should go by the wayside and a new quote be used: "Quantity over quality!"

... I will admit there's a fallacy in my statement - there's not much quantity either.
09/06/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Druidbot
With the quality dropping lately, does the wow team have less to work with these days?

I've been feeling the same way for a while now. I'm a huge fan of the game, but it makes me sad to see it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I've never seen so many bugs breaking the game like in legion and BFA. It's almost like they do absolutely no testing before patches and hotfixes and we just suffer whatever the results.
I think Blizz has shifted their resources into more...productive...games. How much Activision controls those decisions is an unknown.

Blizzard is not a public utility company and WoW is not an vital energy source.
There's an obvious issue of shared resources when they announce both Activision and Blizzard numbers during the same earnings call.

They're definitely too conjoined at this point and the seeping is gonna break the dam.
That's not how any of this works.

Activision Publishing is involved in franchises like Call of Duty, Destiny, etc but is a separate company from Blizzard, however we're both under the same umbrella known as Activision Blizzard.

In the same way that PepsiCo is the owner of Frito-Lay and Pepsi, but the people who make Pepsi don't ever touch the chips.
Of course. The game is no longer as popular as it used to be so Activision is trying to run this game with the least resources possible.
In the same way that PepsiCo is the owner of Frito-Lay and Pepsi, but the people who make Pepsi don't ever touch the chips.

Thank the Titans for that.
09/07/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Ythisens
But Pepsi products don't have advertisements for the chips on their packaging.

Adding activision games to the Blizzard launcher and advertising them on the launcher (which a lot of us don't want) makes Activision appear to be calling the shots.

Activision Publishing is involved in franchises like Call of Duty, Destiny, etc but is a separate company from Blizzard, however we're both under the same umbrella known as Activision Blizzard.

The CEO of Pepsi doesn't also have a majority share in PepsiCo the way Bobby Kotick does in Activision-Blizzard.

Yea but if Pepsi needs more funds to make more factories to pump out Soda because Soda is selling well and chips aren't, then I bet the chips won't be getting funds to expand their factories.

Yth, I may not be a fan/active player of wow anymore, but I like you. Keep up the good work :). Could you take over the reins there? You have my permission.

This will be ignored because people would rather use their ignorance to fuel their hate on something.

I hope you guys do something about the current state of the game and soon, more people are leaving everyday. the Azerite system feels so bad. By the time you unlock your second trait you get a new "better" piece of gear and have to start all over again. Not to mention how lackluster the traits themselves are. The whole system is really poorly designed. And then you have situations coming up quite often where that shiny new raid gear you got is WORSE than a piece of heroic dungeon piece of gear because it doesn't have thunderous blast or Dagger in the Back. Getting rid of tier sets was a huge mistake as well, there is nothing separating Mythic + gear from actual raid gear which is also a poor design.

Care to explain how we ended up with WoD then? Because something was going on at blizzard.
09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Vorlith
This will be ignored because people would rather use their ignorance to fuel their hate on something.

Man, that didn't take long at all.

09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Athyra
Yea but if Pepsi needs more funds to make more factories to pump out Soda because Soda is selling well and chips aren't, then I bet the chips won't be getting funds to expand their factories.

09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Kyveli
The CEO of Pepsi doesn't also have a majority share in PepsiCo the way Bobby Kotick does in Activision-Blizzard.

09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Leesha
But Pepsi products don't have advertisements for the chips on their packaging.

Adding activision games to the Blizzard launcher and advertising them on the launcher (which a lot of us don't want) makes Activision appear to be calling the shots.

Don't waste your keystrokes, Ox -- nothing you say will make people believe anything other than what they want to believe.
09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Kyveli

Don't forget he has zero interest in making video games people enjoy.
Well, all I know is my Doritos are beginning to taste an awful lot like Pepsi...

Why did ya'll release an unfinished game?