Warfront quests only doable on 1 character?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Not sure if this is intended, but I logged on to see the warfront stuff, got to the part where Yvera offers about 6-7 quests. I accepted 1 and did it and left the others to accept after work. The 1 I did rewarded a decent piece of armor, so I logged on to an alt that is needing better gear to do it too.

But the only quest it is offering my alt is the Battle for Stromgarde (sp). Yvera doesn't offer my alt any quests at all.

So does that mean I now *have* to do all the warfront quests on this character? I can't do them on alts?

Just curious, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong..I wish I had known, I would have done the initial quest on my Monk instead :/
Perhaps the quests are the war campaign follow up?
09/04/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Tormento

For the record: I haven't completed the war campaign quests on this character yet (still haven't claimed Voldun fully), but I have completed the quest chain in full on my Monk.
09/04/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Tormento
It's not since I can't do them on my warrior, and he's only character I've done the war campaign fully on. For some reason I did it on my mage whom I haven't even touched the war campaign on, and now he's my only character who can do the Arathi quests now.
I am so confused about these - i did the world boss and i did the six quests but how the heck do i do the warfront part - I can't queue for it
09/04/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Amine
I am so confused about these - i did the world boss and i did the six quests but how the heck do i do the warfront part - I can't queue for it

You can only do the actual warfront part of it every other week, it rotates between alliance one week and horde the next and so on.

Horde got first shot at it.
09/04/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Wrench
Not sure if this is intended, but I logged on to see the warfront stuff, got to the part where Yvera offers about 6-7 quests. I accepted 1 and did it and left the others to accept after work. The 1 I did rewarded a decent piece of armor, so I logged on to an alt that is needing better gear to do it too.

But the only quest it is offering my alt is the Battle for Stromgarde (sp). Yvera doesn't offer my alt any quests at all.

So does that mean I now *have* to do all the warfront quests on this character? I can't do them on alts?

Just curious, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong..I wish I had known, I would have done the initial quest on my Monk instead :/

it's intended, you can only take one toon through those quests per cycle (every other week,when its your OFF week) for the warfronts.

It sucks and is the biggest middle finger ever given to alts but there it is.
09/04/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Stronghold
09/04/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Amine

You can only do the actual warfront part of it every other week, it rotates between alliance one week and horde the next and so on.

Horde got first shot at it.

It isn't on a weekly basis. When horde gather their resources to 100%, they get a few days to complete their warfront activities. After that, it switches. Pretty much, every week both sides should have a chance.
I can't do any warfront quests on my alts either, I was wondering if they were once-per account quests or something =S
09/04/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Stronghold
09/04/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Wrench

it's intended, you can only take one toon through those quests per cycle (every other week,when its your OFF week) for the warfronts.

Thanks for the clear explanation & response! What an awful system though, geez...
If this holds true that alts can't do it, it is awful for sure.
09/04/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Allustrielle
If this holds true that alts can't do it, it is awful for sure.

Yeah I agree -- I was never jazzed for warfronts to begin with, and happening upon this just makes me laugh.. I've been maining my monk so far and just use my warrior casually and I happened to be out doing pet battles when the reset happened so checked out the quest...whoops! Sorry Monk, sit this one out haha :(
Happened to me too.

My DH who doesn't really have anything done, got the quests first - did them on her first.

Then logged onto my priest who has most of my progress done to do all of it, only got the battle for stromgarde quest.
Well I think this killed any interest in leveling another Alliance character for a long while.
09/04/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Wrench
09/04/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Stronghold

Thanks for the clear explanation & response! What an awful system though, geez...

i did an alt first - didn't think it would matter so now my main is screwed ?
09/04/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Amine
09/04/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Wrench

until next rotation, yes.
09/04/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Stronghold
09/04/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Amine

until next rotation, yes.

I hope you're wrong. It is not OK to have quests that are account wide give rewards that are not account wide. It's completely unacceptable design. Especially when people unknowingly lock themselves into doing those quests on a character that they don't want to do them on.

There is no possible world where this implementation makes any sense, unless it was a mistake.
Wish I would have none that...wouldnt have done it on this my main then...
So how am I supposed to complete the battle for stromguard quest?

Did a few quests and some world boss

Got pretty much nothing, and now nothing happening at all

bug, or something I don't understand?
It's ridiculous. I assume they don't want people to dump resources on all their characters, but it's also extremely discouraging to people who play a lot and/or like to have alts. I'm basically restricted from doing warfronts on my rogue, because I'd prefer the content on my druid.

Why make the content so unfriendly to alts, especially with the introduction of allied races?