Warfront quests only doable on 1 character?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
09/04/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Wrench
09/04/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Overdriven

So I guess I just have to pray this doesn't happen at least til tomorrow so I can do this with my character tonight? Cause they way this is going from all the crap I read in the forum that Blizzard is doing today, I wouldn't doubt that people who have jobs will get home and see that this thing is already turned to the other side...

I'm at work so I can't check the status of Hordes progression now, but shortly after I turned in my 1 quest it went from 1% to 2% in a window of ~10 minutes after server reset. I'm not sure what that all means but a single percentage in that amount of time felt kinda quick.

I checked less than 30mins ago and it was 10% still...it will not be completed until friday/saturday i believe. I already helped there with two toons, won't help anymore until it's done (i don't have mats/gold/resource to spare like it's nothing)... I kind have the same problem..i did the "visit the warfront" with my rogue, no quests there because it's not ours, then i did the full thing with my alliance monk...and now my horde warlock don't get the quest to go there...i'mn assuming none will now that my alliance character did it.
I hope this is a bug and not working as intended. Argus weeklys could be done on any alts. I don't understand why it would be locked especially since the rewards are not account wide like someone else said. Here's hoping.
You will wait and like it. Let the time gating commence! Can't wait to see what they do with this core feature of MMOs in the future. So much fun. /rolls eyes
09/04/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Rasmonorak
I hope this is a bug and not working as intended. Argus weeklys could be done on any alts. I don't understand why it would be locked especially since the rewards are not account wide like someone else said. Here's hoping.

Just like gating races, which have never been gated before, is a bug.
It would be nice if a Blue could weigh in on this. Is it intended or a bug?
Kinda seems like blizz is trying to move away from alts. Over the last 2 expansions they have introduced a fair few alt unfriendly systems.
I wonder if they don't want ppl having alts.
Remember alt friendly expansion.......
I would not be shocked if it's a bug honestly BFA got released wayyyyy to early with all these bugs needed 3 to 6 more months time on it. Got released to early.
Welp.

Would have liked to get some resources on my alts, instead of my main who has plenty already, but apparently that's not in the cards.

It's not just that I think this is a stupid decision (or an annoying bug), which I do, it's the fact that there was no mention of it in-game or in the materials about warfronts. That leaves me kind of hopeful that it is a bug, but it's obnoxious in any case.
If its a bug its one of those "been in the beta for months" kind of bugs.

Which is to say

"Enjoy our new feature, but only on your mains!"

/cry
Excuse me blizzard can we please pull you away from counting the money from all of us buying this xpac and the subs.

We ( and ME ) would like come clarification on this Warfront ALT issue that has turned into an UTTER cluster Fudge.

Sorry for bothering you -- time to get back to counting your money and laughing at all the suckers who still believe you give a DAMN
This better be a !@#$ing bug.
09/04/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Hèllfyre
Excuse me blizzard can we please pull you away from counting the money from all of us buying this xpac and the subs.

We ( and ME ) would like come clarification on this Warfront ALT issue that has turned into an UTTER cluster Fudge.

Sorry for bothering you -- time to get back to counting your money and laughing at all the suckers who still believe you give a DAMN

Second. Need blue confirmation that alts can just go screw themselves.
09/04/2018 03:19 PMPosted by Katchup
It sucks big time, me my wife and son have linked accounts and only one of us can do them

Yup, i am in the same boat as you....Its not even alts. Its our Main's and only one main can do it...very odd design
Can anyone confirm if, once you run the quests for the week on one character, can your other characters still kill the rares and bosses in there? Or are secondary characters completely locked out of loot from the warfront if another character opened it?
Blizz is out of touch with their players. Someone needs to be fired for this.
The quests aren't even flagged as account wide, they are just normal quests.

I went back and forth on twitter with the blizzardCS people, I still don't think they understood what I was talking about. At one point he tried to tell me that the quests being offered at all was a bug.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1037077457604673536

I am frustrated and disappointed. Since when has any quests (aside from pet battle stuff really) been tied to only one toon.
If this is truly the case, that only one character per account per event, this truly sucks. Like many others I didn't use my main to go into the event. Now, my main who is starving for war resources gets locked out of those quests. I could understand (maybe) locking the 340 gear quest but all of them?

Sooo ticked off... Grrrr...
09/04/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Turandotte
Can anyone confirm if, once you run the quests for the week on one character, can your other characters still kill the rares and bosses in there? Or are secondary characters completely locked out of loot from the warfront if another character opened it?

You can still kill rares and world boss, just no quests.