Warfront quests only doable on 1 character?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
09/04/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Angel
If this is truly the case, that only one character per account per event, this truly sucks. Like many others I didn't use my main to go into the event. Now, my main who is starving for war resources gets locked out of those quests. I could understand (maybe) locking the 340 gear quest but all of them?

Sooo ticked off... Grrrr...

yup. How many resources did it give btw?
\
They could've just let us do the quests for rep and gold, and restricted contribution or something. Blizz needs new designers.
The Warfront unlock quest chain & portal were only doable for me on one toon, but I was able to get the weekly 370 quest and farm rares on my main and alts.
09/04/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Tyzzi
The Warfront unlock quest chain & portal were only doable for me on one toon, but I was able to get the weekly 370 quest and farm rares on my main and alts.

Did the rares drop anything good? My only alt did all the rares he could find and got only shards.
So my shaman is out of luck till horde wins the warfront? Thanks Blizzard!
09/04/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Angel
09/04/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Turandotte
Can anyone confirm if, once you run the quests for the week on one character, can your other characters still kill the rares and bosses in there? Or are secondary characters completely locked out of loot from the warfront if another character opened it?

You can still kill rares and world boss, just no quests.

Thank you very much for this confirmation!! I needed it in time to get things done there on my alt since my main is already over 340..... but I wanted to take my main out there for the boss kill.
Just got off work and checked, still don't have the quests on my alts. I tried killing the rates and the WQ elite boss to see if I got any loot -- just got 33gold. Could be my bad luck. Gonna run the quests on my unlocked alt to see if the experience is any different.
Can someone remind me of an in-game activity in the history of WoW that has had such a restriction? (Other than the Blingtron change...)

It is thrown around an awful lot, but this, and the idea it represents, seriously affects if I want to continue playing the game. I love my altitis, and this is a direct attack on that playstyle. For all the silly changes I have watched and accepted over the years, this is the first to give me real pause.

Hopefully it's just a bug, or something is getting lost in translation...
remember when they said this would be more alt friendly than legion

Y I K E S
So me and my spouse did the quest line on our mains. No problem. We go to get the quests on our alts. They got the quest and I did not. They were able to go over and do them all. I was not. Our alts were a healer and a tank. Sooo, they are identical with rep etc. I don't think it's only one toon locked. I think it's completely glitched or bugged.
09/04/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Mystify

Did the rares drop anything good? My only alt did all the rares he could find and got only shards.

345 wf + socket bracers and 2 pets on main, 345 wf boots on alt (have only done 4 rares so far on alt)
09/04/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Stronghold
09/04/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Wrench
Not sure if this is intended, but I logged on to see the warfront stuff, got to the part where Yvera offers about 6-7 quests. I accepted 1 and did it and left the others to accept after work. The 1 I did rewarded a decent piece of armor, so I logged on to an alt that is needing better gear to do it too.

But the only quest it is offering my alt is the Battle for Stromgarde (sp). Yvera doesn't offer my alt any quests at all.

So does that mean I now *have* to do all the warfront quests on this character? I can't do them on alts?

Just curious, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong..I wish I had known, I would have done the initial quest on my Monk instead :/

it's intended, you can only take one toon through those quests per cycle (every other week,when its your OFF week) for the warfronts.

It sucks and is the biggest middle finger ever given to alts but there it is.
It could still be a bug considering that the intro quests into Warfronts is once per faction per account.

The other quests are flagged as weeklies, but they may also be flagged to be completable once per faction per account per week when turned in, possibly erroneously.
I did the quests with my wife on an alt, figuring I would still help her out and get the rares on another toon. ThenI return to Boralus afterwards, and the quests are now available there on the alt.
Several people are reporting this has been fixed. Can anyone confirm?
09/04/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Stronghold
<span class="truncated">...</span>

i did an alt first - didn't think it would matter so now my main is screwed ?

until next rotation, yes.

What this tells me is that you can do only one toon at a time for that particular week.

So alts aren't "screwed", we're just going to have to do our alts one at a time instead of swapping out mid-warfront or mid-week, whichever makes more sense.

Is this correct? I'm just now starting my first one. Ty in advance.

until next rotation, yes.

What this tells me is that you can do only one toon at a time for that particular week.

So alts aren't "screwed", we're just going to have to do our alts one at a time instead of swapping out mid-warfront or mid-week, whichever makes more sense.

Is this correct? I'm just now starting my first one. Ty in advance.

So one character per account every two weeks. so 2 characters in the pay cycle. This is unacceptable.
Check again. It seems it's already fixed.
Hey guys! Thanks for the reports on this.

We just fixed this issue which was caused by how this quest tracked your eligibility. This should now be resolved and you should be able to complete this on your alts now!

Sorry for the trouble but you guys should be good to go now :)
[quote="207672382061"]Several people are reporting this has been fixed. Can anyone confirm?[/quote

Its fixed,my alt just got the 6 quests
09/04/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
Hey guys! Thanks for the reports on this.

We just fixed this issue which was caused by how this quest tracked your eligibility. This should now be resolved and you should be able to complete this on your alts now!

Sorry for the trouble but you guys should be good to go now :)

This legit had me worried.

Thanks great Yak!