Moon Guard

General Discussion
MoonGuard.

The Inn...oh gods the Inn. It's so quiet in there, but filled to the brim with characters. It's got the awkward clanking of dishes for ambiance and 200 naked souls just standing still.

Then you go upstairs and the true horror happens, greeted by middle aged men as half naked elves.

So you run, screaming praying to the light. As you exit the Inn, breathing in fresh air you are suddenly ran over by a 40 man biker gang bunny hopping throughout the shire.

Honestly, MoonGuard is a treat and needs to be preserved.
09/05/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Bladewolfe
Y'all sinners, and I'm calling the royal guards to throw you to the stockades.

Stop! You're only making the problem worse you witless fool!

A lot of them will actually like that!
Horde is 4chan
Alliance is Tumblr

or better yet burn goldshire inn.

The Headless Horseman burns Goldshire hundreds of times each year and yet, it remains.

The Royal Guards never do anything. They are on the take.

And you can call me a sinner, but you'll never be a Saint. Such is the reality of things in this fantasy land we all exist in.

Now run along, clinging to the horrors of others partaking in the pleasure of the pixels. Run back to your daily routine of murdering countless living beings in the name of reputations, gold and Azerite power.

And you call me the sinner?

At least my pixels never get killed while in Goldshire.
Never been there and Im on Moon Guard. Just to lazy to go check it out.
Being thrown in the Stockades happens on Thursday my juicy gem, you're a day early.

/tentacleflip
I honestly don't know why people care so much.

Some people sub to enjoy the latest content, or to PvP, some just want to chat and mess around in Goldshire.

If they're having fun, and they're not hurting or affecting anyone...Why care about it in the slightest? There's no reason to go to Goldshire under any circumstance.
09/05/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Honeydipper

May I make a suggestion?

Don't visit.
I was born from a goldshire love affair

Oh my :O

or better yet burn goldshire inn.

Okay, well, first off the entire "Burn it Down!" budget was spent on Teldrasil, so that's not going to happen...

Second, as was said above...

09/05/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Melithiria
Moon Guard =/= Goldshire

Seriously, only that part of the server is like that.

Not even the Horde equivalent place in Silvermoon is like Goldshire. Honestly, Goldshire is like self preservation of an excessive stereotype for the sake of attention at this point. Its like a tourist spot on Moon Guard, stop by at least once in your WoW career to gawk at a scene of exaggerated awkwardness and make sure to swing by the gift shop across the street at the old Blacksmith to snag your "I survived Goldshire!" commemorative shirt or dishware!

Nah, if you want to REALLY see what Moon Guard is like there are many far superior locations to go to... all of which are honestly not that hard to find if you have a role playing mindset and think about where people would go to hang out and socialize if it were real life.

Moon Guard is good people, love ya Moon Guard. You are honestly one of the better RP servers even though yall have that stereotype to deal with.
09/05/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Leyami

I've been inside the Goldshire inn several times on my alchemist, to buy moonberry juice for the profession quest at the Darkmoon Faire. Do you know what happens to the `casually exposed' individuals that happen to enter that place?

Absolutely nothing. The players that hang out there stand around quietly. That's it.

I'm sure they are indulging in private conversations...but unless you say something to them, they completely ignore you. If you were somehow `exposed', I'd bet serious gold it's because you just HAD to say something provocative to them.

Hi, i was part of the Moon Guard thread that casually toured the Goldshire Inn.
Everything i experienced was without initiating conversation with another soul.

I get you want to run interference on your server's Goldshire rep, but for anyone concerned literally everything in this person's post is a bold lie.

09/05/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Honeydipper

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/moon-guard/honeydipper/achievements/exploration/eastern-kingdoms
Just so you know, I'd crush skulls between my thighs on any server.
09/05/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Suneil
You do realize that even people ON Moon Guard (such as myself) have been trying to burn down Goldshire forever now, right?
We can burn a tree larger than kingdoms that has its own ecosystem... but we can't burn down one lousy town. Go figure.
Moon Guard is the best server in NA.

Goldshire is a beautiful den of debauchery and merriment. If the Inn burned down, we'd just move to the lake house. If you sent us to the stockades, we'd probably love it.
09/05/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Mazag
Just so you know, I'd crush skulls between my thighs on any server.

I'm in love.
A WrA post. lol
09/05/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Suneil
You do realize that even people ON Moon Guard (such as myself) have been trying to burn down Goldshire forever now, right?

That sounds like a really good excuse for you to hang around there.
09/05/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Fenrick
Moon Guard is the best server in NA.

Goldshire is a beautiful den of debauchery and merriment. If the Inn burned down, we'd just move to the lake house. If you sent us to the stockades, we'd probably love it.

09/05/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Fenrick
the stockades

The warden is real gentle with newcomers, until you get on their good side that is.
09/05/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Leyami
Yep; a Wyrmrest Accord finger-pointer. Good job propagating the unnecessary rivalry between WrA and MG.
Funny thing is if I had to choose between the two servers, I'd pick MG in a heartbeat. I spent some time in WrA back in MoP when a guild I was in moved there for a while. MG has its... issues... but WrA had some of the rudest, nastiest people I have ever encountered.

Some of the people there make this septic tank of a forum look like a pure mountain spring.