Moon Guard

General Discussion
You fool! Goldshire isn't there to keep us out.. it's there to keep those people in.
The only way you know what goes on in Goldshire on Moon Guard is if you go looking for it. Otherwise it's just an inn full of naked people standing still or dancing with only troll dialogue and probably guards attacking Horde.

So who's actually sinning here, OP? Hmm?! HMM?!

Side note: Other servers are jealous that we have a !@#$% house to visit when we get breaks from combat.
09/05/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Bhaoe
The only way you know what goes on in Goldshire on Moon Guard is if you go looking for it. Otherwise it's just an inn full of naked people standing still or dancing with only troll dialogue and probably guards attacking Horde.

So who's actually sinning here, OP? Hmm?! HMM?!

Side note: Other servers are jealous that we have a !@#$% house to visit when we get breaks from combat.

Truth spoken.
09/05/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Bladewolfe

Wait, there's a rivalry??

I do not speak on behalf of WrA

I speak for myself, and what i saw gives me a great concern.

Be honest. You intentionally went inside a place that is infamous for adult behavior, so that you could indulge in the guilty pleasure of voyeurism...and now you've come to the forums to `purge' yourself in a self-deceptive public performance, to see what trouble you can stir up...and with a gleam in your eye.

You're far from being the first to troll the forums with such false piety.
[quote="207671781961"]You only find the dirty things if you go searching for the dirty things.

No, i've only played this game for a month I heard rumors and now i know they're true, I ain't goin near that forsaken place
09/05/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Emerníum
I went on MoonGuard and people were like stripping, selling drugs, and someone asked me if i swallow whole cats.

Seems like 4chan, and Tumblr had a child with less racism.

There's a person who (used to at least) frequent the horde and the alliance side and she always asked everyone nearby if they ate cats. Probably the strangest duck I've ever ran in to honestly.

As for the OP... I think you need to recalibrate your chill level and quit making something out of nothing.
Hi, i was part of the Moon Guard thread that casually toured the Goldshire Inn.
Everything i experienced was without initiating conversation with another soul.

Ah...you toured the Goldshire Inn, you say? Meaning, you stuck around and watched, making your interest obvious? Perhaps even, divested yourself of some clothes to...you know...fit in? I remember that thread, and that's exactly what the posters said they were doing. That's plenty of `initiated contact'...and I haven't lied in the slightest, no matter how boldly you state it.

As for Honeydipper's exploration achievements, that hardly means he did anything more than pass through the town of Goldshire. The vast majority of the time, one would never know anything out of the ordinary takes place, unless you go inside the inn...and it's pretty obvious his claim of `never having been there' meant exactly that.
09/05/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Leyami
Let's see...

Yep; a Wyrmrest Accord finger-pointer. Good job propagating the unnecessary rivalry between WrA and MG.

If something that doesn't affect you in the slightest bothers you that much, you'll make yourself (and likely, a lot of others) happier if you just stay away.

The chats between WRA and MG can be pretty funny cross realm.

WRA person at MG person: What are you butthurt? Well you’re from moonguard you’re probably used to that feeling
09/05/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Bladewolfe
Y'all sinners, and I'm calling the royal guards to throw you to the stockades.

or better yet burn goldshire inn.

Wait! I don't even go there!

… besides, I already busted someone out of the Stockades once this expansion, pretty sure I can do it again.
Lol troll post, move along. Nobody is forcing you to go ANYWHERE on a server. Like, ive never seen someone being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the inn totally unwilling to go, begging them not to be in that place.

People go because they are willing. I go because its entertaining to see the crazy stuff that happens in that inn. Trolls from around the wow universe show up. PVP all over the place. Besides, even if you did burn the inn down, they would just find a different spot.
09/05/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Suneil
You do realize that even people ON Moon Guard (such as myself) have been trying to burn down Goldshire forever now, right?

Pretty telling that most Moon Guard RP guilds have a rule saying you'd better not be caught RPing in Goldshire or you're kicked.
Should have asked Sylvanas to burn down Moon Guard instead of the Night Elves' tree.
09/05/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Bladewolfe
Y'all sinners, and I'm calling the royal guards to throw you to the stockades.

or better yet burn goldshire inn.

Burning the inn does nothing. It's burnt down and rebuilt every Tuesday as part of maintenance. It's the only way to get rid of certain...stains.
I too want Goldshire gone. This server has a lot of fun and kind people. Its my crazy home.
Played on Area 52 for years and still have several toons there. Made the switch to Moon Guard because a work friend is on the server. The only time I remember I switched is when people in group finder think I'm bad because I'm from MG and posts like these.
09/05/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Lilweezyana
Played on Area 52 for years and still have several toons there. Made the switch to Moon Guard because a work friend is on the server. The only time I remember I switched is when people in group finder think I'm bad because I'm from MG and posts like these.

Most if not all the legit players on Moon Guard are actually good players. It's those from non-Moon Guard servers that come to Moon Guard due to threads like this "to check it out" and then hang out in goldshire and post this bunk.
09/05/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Bladewolfe

Wait, there's a rivalry??

I do not speak on behalf of WrA

I speak for myself, and what i saw gives me a great concern.

Be honest. You intentionally went inside a place that is infamous for adult behavior, so that you could indulge in the guilty pleasure of voyeurism...and now you've come to the forums to `purge' yourself in a self-deceptive public performance, to see what trouble you can stir up...and with a gleam in your eye.

You're far from being the first to troll the forums with such false piety.
09/05/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Aumia
You only find the dirty things if you go searching for the dirty things.

Yup.
You can literally be a new player who picked Human and just be casually exposed to it right after killinh wolves if you chose Moon Guard, though.

I've been inside the Goldshire inn several times on my alchemist, to buy moonberry juice for the profession quest at the Darkmoon Faire. Do you know what happens to the `casually exposed' individuals that happen to enter that place?

Absolutely nothing. The players that hang out there stand around quietly. That's it.

I'm sure they are indulging in private conversations...but unless you say something to them, they completely ignore you. If you were somehow `exposed', I'd bet serious gold it's because you just HAD to say something provocative to them.

Agreed on the last part. I've been questing on humans before and of all the times the quests had me run to goldshire no one ever even seemed to notice I even existed. It wasn't exactly a quick in and out from that inn either, it's so packed full of people I almost abandoned the quest because I couldn't see the quest giver.

Same people that shame MG are the same people that fear of someone seeing their browsing history though. xD
I'll pretend Op doesn't watch worse things on the internet. Went to Goldshire and is overreacted to stupid levels. And no, I didn't make a thread about it.

But then it's general discussion. Overreacting over the slightest and most stupid thing is a rule.
I like reading the comments from people on moonguard acting offended that op is bringing this up.
Moon Guard is America, in all her splendor and brilliance.

Among the ranks of Moon Guardians: fabulous writers, impressively creative artists, people with a vast and honestly astounding understanding of history from which they draw inspiration for characters manifold, a representation of every character archetype imaginable. A truly dizzying world of wonder.

Moon Guard is America. Goldshire just happens to be its Las Vegas, a hive of scum and villainy.
Moon Guard? more like Goon Guard.