CAN BLIZZARD PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS

Story Forum
can blizzard explain what happens to the illidari and ebon blade after legion? i hate not knowing what happens to illdari and friends after they kill all the demons like just chilling in mardum or back to the black temple like its just boring to know that they just fight the alliance or horde depending on what you play id like to know a bit more and even with other class halls please explain
The great crusade of the Illidari is over. I guess they just returned home, to Kalimdor and Quel'Thalas. They may also just be stalking Azeroth for demons to kill.

They wouldn't have returned to the Black Temple, though. Akama and his broken are trying to restore that place to the Light, the fel infused demon hunters wouldn't be welcome.

As for the Ebon Blade, weeeeellll, Bolvar probably has them on a leash or something.
The same thing death knights did after Arthas.
09/03/2018 03:01 AMPosted by Ximothy
The great crusade of the Illidari is over. I guess they just returned home, to Kalimdor and Quel'Thalas. They may also just be stalking Azeroth for demons to kill.

They wouldn't have returned to the Black Temple, though. Akama and his broken are trying to restore that place to the Light, the fel infused demon hunters wouldn't be welcome.

As for the Ebon Blade, weeeeellll, Bolvar probably has them on a leash or something.

Yeah but both of those are boring id like to see a demon hunter redemption scenario where they are reintigrated back in to society as dk's were
09/03/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Talvea
Yeah but both of those are boring id like to see a demon hunter redemption scenario where they are reintigrated back in to society as dk's were

This might seem cruel, but Demon Hunters aren't relevant anymore.

When some big world ending threat comes around, we might see them again, but as of where the story is now, DHs just don't really have a place outside of working for the Alliance and Horde.

Illidari had their time to shine in Legion when demons were at the forefront. Until demons return, or we get another Legion-esque expansion where we see old orders return, I don't see Illidari really doing much.

The exact same thing happened to the Death Knights and their Ebon Blade, relegated to irrelevancy until Legion.
Just because Sargeras is currently imprisoned doesn't mean that demons suddenly stop being a threat. The ones who didn't go back to their respective factions, mostly likely stayed on the Fel Hammer and are scouring the universe for demons to kill.
09/03/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Talvea
can blizzard explain what happens to the illidari and ebon blade after legion? i hate not knowing what happens to illdari and friends after they kill all the demons like just chilling in mardum or back to the black temple like its just boring to know that they just fight the alliance or horde depending on what you play id like to know a bit more and even with other class halls please explain

Oh my sweet summer child...
This is the price you pay for playing a DH and DK
MY Demon Hunter became the best damn treasure hunter in Kul Tiras.
09/03/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Mattoc
This is the price you pay for playing a DH and DK

You mean as opposed to warriors, who are always irrelevant?
09/03/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Talvea

Uh... they weren't. DKs were never "reintegrated into society." And neither will DHs. They are, and will always be, outsiders.
I think from a story perspective, they both should be reintroduced to the Alliance and Horde, the demon hunters in particular. It would add more flavor to the class too for future quests and story arcs if they need to reassemble to take on a bigger threat. I could for see a pretty cool DK exclusive questline where Bolvar tries to take control of the Ebon Blade, where the DKs need to actually work with a light based class like a priest of paladin to be able to ward off Bolvar from mind controlling them.
09/03/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Heiracles
I think from a story perspective, they both should be reintroduced to the Alliance and Horde, the demon hunters in particular. It would add more flavor to the class too for future quests and story arcs if they need to reassemble to take on a bigger threat. I could for see a pretty cool DK exclusive questline where Bolvar tries to take control of the Ebon Blade, where the DKs need to actually work with a light based class like a priest of paladin to be able to ward off Bolvar from mind controlling them.

idk blizz story writing kinda sucks at the moment with the class halls like you made a story then just left it there